OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I just lol'd at my desk
roll.gif
lol me 2 hahahaha that hamburger looks like the cook at burger king sat on it XD

purple shozoku is the US adult version. ppl already got them and on feet too
I hope the retail version that gets sold on the 29th is that silver/fiberglass logo like the picture though.  (not the purple)

The purple shozoku that people have must be some prototype early release version.

These look soooo much better... I don't know why Nike is advertising a completely different shoe if people have already gotten a glimpse of FTL's stock of the retail versions and can confirm it's 100% the bottom shoe.

Last edited:
I'm game for either pair, but would prefer that cracked egg-shell pattern. Makes the theme complete. If nike is charging $150, they should finish the theme and make them special, not just another colorway applied to an old pattern.

Yeah the differences aren't subtle at all, maybe the picture was taken with all prototypes back a while ago and Nike decided to push the photo out now, but the design for the upper changed somewhere in that time period between. Oh well, either way a pass, but more of a pass now that I know it's not what Nike just showed us in the photo...

And with this, any sliver of hope of the gradients somehow magically dropping because of the color description is gone. (snaps fingers)
I thought that was a given though. that was big topic of discussion last night with the description color. it was evident the easters were releasing since ther two sigs were.. cmon now.

I want the gradients too but to think they were this weekend
eyes.gif

Guess i'm passing up on another pair of Jordans for these 8's. Any word on general release or limited stock? The YOTS seem like a general release....

What's up NT?! Long time lurker, but always held off on signing up until I had something menaningful to contribute on the boards.  Hopefully this is a decent way to start off on here!

I needed to get away from the baby blue laces that these blue lights came with, so I stopped by Shoe palace and picked up these blue laces.  I got 54' and they were a few inches shorter than the stock laces.  It helps that these new laces have a metal tip as opposed to the plastic tip stock laces come with, so it was easier to force the lace through the smaller eyelets.  Hopefully this helps anybody trying to do a lace swap!

Seems appropriate to rock the Mamba LA hat with these 8's!

Thanks!

For anyone interested in how the orthotics ready inserts look they just came in today and I posted some pics in the iD thread

I thought that was a given though. that was big topic of discussion last night with the description color. it was evident the easters were releasing since ther two sigs were.. cmon now.

I want the gradients too but to think they were this weekend :rolleyes

The color description does not match and was not shown on the box prior to this pic. Hence why I posted what I did. Guess you skipped over sliver of hope and magically. Its cool though.

Nike's pair has a much better print on the upper, but i think the black swoosh on the released pair looks much better.

begin the is it a general or limited release? Let me be the first to get it out the way... Nike will tweet "this is a limited release and expect to sell out" same response for the last colorway and the colorway before that. but who cares right? Cause no one is gonna read this or the previous page or the page before that. lets just ask the same questions every other post and hype the shoe up and find out on release day it's GR.

begin the is it a general or limited release? Let me be the first to get it out the way... Nike will tweet "this is a limited release and expect to sell out" same response for the last colorway and the colorway before that. but who cares right? Cause no one is gonna read this or the previous page or the page before that. lets just ask the same questions every other post and hype the shoe up and find out on release day it's GR.
lol everyone should add it to there signature hahaha XD

I haven't copped any kobe 8s yet. I was patiently waiting for purple fades or a Lakers cw. but I really like the press release version of Easters. If its the version we've been seeing and not the press release version...back to waiting for me.

I can tell you right now these will not be up on NDC like how the Pythons, Sulfurs, Blue, etc. are still up. It's one of their "special" colorways that are only up on NDC for a few minutes until it's gone then they remove it (like how there's no BHM, ASG, etc)

Back
Top Bottom