OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Its funny, the KD V pictures are out there, the LeBron X pictures are out there and we don't get anything for the Kobe...
Correct me if I'm wrong but Kobe's generally don't drop until Christmas time. That's how it
's been since the I and maybe even the 2k4/2k5 era if I'm not mistaken

Correct me if I'm wrong but Kobe's generally don't drop until Christmas time. That's how it

yup, but usually around september we start seeing some pics.

there must be some out there, but no one wants to show them :nerd:

Its funny, the KD V pictures are out there, the LeBron X pictures are out there and we don't get anything for the Kobe...

Only since the V has the first release been in December.

ZKI - February 11
ZKII - March 29
ZKIII - February 8
ZKIV - January 17 (not counting venoms)

Kobe has been debuting the new shoe in December since the 2K4 though, the wait for the ZKII :x

Last edited:
I have worn my fair share of lowtops before Kobes. Air Lambaste, T-Mac 1&2, Adidas Amazing Handles, some And 1 lows, and AJ XI low LE. I preferred the lows because they are less restrictive (I'm a guard/running around type of player). Rolling my ankles wearing lows weren't even on my mind at that time lol. Call me stupid but I just didn't care. If it happen it happens. Luckily I didn't suffer anything major. I tweaked my ankle but I kept playing on it to try and walk it off. Now I would be semi-conscious of that because of the softer materials being used today and my body isn't what it used to be haha.
I don't have a problem with the system, just gotta be a hot looking shoe with many color blocking potential, not just one bright color on the upper(played out). They got the rest on lock. Pricing is what it is so I will not make it an issue since i'll go for one or two hyped release and GRs with discounts anyways (depends on how the finish product looks like first lol).

Only since the V has the first release been in December.
ZKI - February 11
ZKII - March 29
ZKIII - February 8
ZKIV - January 17 (not counting venoms)
Kobe has been debuting the new shoe in December since the 2K4 though, the wait for the ZKII :x

correct me if im wrong but didnt the kobe 4s debut on christmas day? they were the white/yellow IDs with the red laces

edit: my mistake youre talking about first release dates not first time he wore the shoe. my bad

Last edited:
I can't wait for these didn't buy any 7s but I Hope they get back to more of the I've and v with performance

I used to cop the latest kobes at the outlets to wear casually on rainy days....but I'm sticking to my 6s and 7s this time - if these don't get an aesthetics overhaul my money is saved.

I would never get a basketball shoe that don't support the ankle

if you think that the height of the shoe (high/lowtop) means ankle support.smh

I really hope the Kobe VIII puts the Kobe line back on track. The IV was just revolutionary and started the low-top craze, the V was a refined version of the IV with excellent heel lockdown (the traction could have been better), and the VI was unique in its own right with the snakeskin upper and better traction (imo). I was very disappointed with the VII and for those who play ball many have shared the same sentiment.

I'm not digging the swoosh on the toe-box (every shoe seems to have it now), but I really do hope that VIII is better.

I loved my Kobe V's and my VI's just bought the imperial pair on sale....I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS SHOE...i was so let down by the VII's as far as a hoop shoe goes...

Back
Top Bottom