OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I doubt many of these are limited, just high demand. Most have said these are one of the best balling shoes theyve ever played in. A lot of those people have/will probably doube and triple on pairs to make sure they have extras for down the line....
One of the big reasons I'm after the Kobe's this year. Only problem is I play outdoor, which means I need xdr/GC pairs. Which isn't cheap at all. =T

Last edited:
I doubt many of these are limited, just high demand. Most have said these are one of the best balling shoes theyve ever played in. A lot of those people have/will probably doube and triple on pairs to make sure they have extras for down the line....
This is my case for sure.  I  can't say I double up on shoes much, but as this is the best shoe I've played in, I want to make sure I've got one or two on ice for when I wear out the other.

FINALLY got em from kixsquare :smh:

Looks like 3 of us got our pairs from KixSquare yesterday...

The nightmare is finally over...

Man i've been slacking on this thread ever since I got my XX8's.

I tried playing in these again for the first time since I got the XX8 and it felt like a completely different ride. These are SO low to the ground. When I switched back again it felt like I was high as hell off the ground.

Miss that system.
glasses.gif
what size do u wear for xx8 and kobe 8 ?

I guess the new pair is ok but I can't stand the purple swoosh and white speckle on the midsole. I hope the original pair comes out

I received by Blue Glow's today and they're soooo much better in person. I love them.

Side by side with my Christmas Day's.

One of the big reasons I'm after the Kobe's this year. Only problem is I play outdoor, which means I need xdr/GC pairs. Which isn't cheap at all. =T
I feel you.  I play more outdoor than indoor when I can and have one iD xdr pair.  I wish xdr versions were readily available in the U.S. -- I suppose demand will never be high enough though to warrant this

What Kobe's are "limited"? i can find any colorway i like of the 8s on the bay or Craig's for at most 100 over retail in a size 11. A year from now will be a diff story, however.

Maybe people don't want to pay $100 over retail....

Maybe they just want to walk in a store or go online, purchase the shoes for Nike MSRP (not reseller MSRP), and be done.

I feel you.  I play more outdoor than indoor when I can and have one iD xdr pair.  I wish xdr versions were readily available in the U.S. -- I suppose demand will never be high enough though to warrant this
The one thing I don't like on IDing a pair is cause the xdr sole option only is the plain grey color. If I'm dishing out 200 on a shoe, I better like them. Regardless if I'm using them to beat on a court. If they costed retail, I wouldn't mind as much.

I guess the new pair is ok but I can't stand the purple swoosh and white speckle on the midsole. I hope the original pair comes out
Reading is fundamental.

Wonder why Nike keeps doing this... Official pics were wrong for red camos, volts, and now Easters.

The one thing I don't like on IDing a pair is cause the xdr sole option only is the plain grey color. If I'm dishing out 200 on a shoe, I better like them. Regardless if I'm using them to beat on a court. If they costed retail, I wouldn't mind as much.
I know... I hesitated on the color of the xdr when I bought them, but they turned out looking good.

The other thing is the iD xdr sole looks/feels almost no different from the standard version.  On the other hand, 'GC' version outsole looks much sturdier/suitable for outdoors.

Haven't had a chance to use mine outdoors much, so we will see how it holds up...

Why do y'all like the Easters?!?!

because people are entitled to like whatever they want...

What Kobe's are "limited"? i can find any colorway i like of the 8s on the bay or Craig's for at most 100 over retail in a size 11. A year from now will be a diff story, however.

some of us would rather pay retail instead of $100 over. Im glad i held out on the suede exts. I was looking at paying 200+ and instead walked into a local store last night and paid $150 out the door.

Last edited:
So if you can't walk into a store or order online immediately it's hype beasts or bots fault or whatever is what I gather from this site lately. Everyone isn't entitled to every release. You dont HAVE to have every release then be salty when you cant cop. Save and spend and choose wisely. Or else nothing will change. Nike will throw out the occasional bone like the 11s restock for the 3rd time?

KOBE_8_SYSTEM_Easter_large-620x442.jpg
Nike_Kobe_VIII_S_2__14526.1359363223.1280.1280-580x386.jpg

confused as to which ones are the easters. i like the black swooshed ones better and they were a definite cop but idk know if the top ones are the actual easters

KOBE_8_SYSTEM_Easter_large-620x442.jpg
Nike_Kobe_VIII_S_2__14526.1359363223.1280.1280-580x386.jpg

confused as to which ones are the easters. i like the black swooshed ones better and they were a definite cop but idk know if the top ones are the actual easters
here we go again ...
mean.gif

this is whats releasing per misterj who received his pair today

Last edited:
So if you can't walk into a store or order online immediately it's hype beasts or bots fault or whatever is what I gather from this site lately. Everyone isn't entitled to every release. You dont HAVE to have every release then be salty when you cant cop. Save and spend and choose wisely. Or else nothing will change. Nike will throw out the occasional bone like the 11s restock for the 3rd time?
its too many peoples faults but i wish most releases were easy enough to just walk in store. so far all kobes besides ext and ASG have been like that.

Well considering the proliferation of hypebeasts and bots over the last 8-18 months I'd say yes. Sneakers have basically become 21st century beanie babies, and Nike and the general populace are treating them as such. Eventually people will move on to something else for a side hustle/random collection and a core group of folks will remain that genuinely do enjoy this hobby and aren't just caught up.

Also being salty is just a natural reaction to not getting what you want. Other than putting a post on an internet forum I doubt it actually affects anyone's day.

Back
Top Bottom