OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I can't believe what buying shoes has become, it's a damn competition now. :smh:

The fact that you have to follow Nike on Twitter, to wait for them to put a link up so you can buy a shoe instead of searching it like any other site, is pretty sad.

Nike is the reason this **** gets all out of hand making it to where you can only find the link through Twitter.

Nike is getting worse and worse in my book, day by day.

Word

I like them because they are extremely limited according to NDC. /troll

LOL!

idk cuh its just something about all red shoes that gets me. Plus I like purple as well. I'd rocc them with a nice navy or gray polo and nice slim denim

I hear you. I'm a sucker for majority red kicks myself. For some reason neither the suede or the red worked on this Kobe model to me. Maybe the Lebron model but on the Kobe it just looks awkward. I respect your feelings tho, were you able to grab a pair?

HOH Roosevelt Field still has a FSR. Walked in 2 hours after release and copped with ease. They have 1 pair of the Red Suede EXT's left sz. 8.

I respect everybody that likes them, fair enough. I see the pics of both EXT's and I instantly think outlet bound. Times really have changed indeed. Asking real opinions, anybody that truly feels the EXT's you mind sharing why you like them?
Already said this a couple times in this thread, but I like the black EXTs simply cuz of versatility. Every single other colorway of this shoe has had a crazy snake camo pattern, loud color, or something else to it, which is cool, but sometimes I just want something I can slip on anytime for any occasion. The VIIIs are a great shoe that I want to wear regularly, on or off the court, but I'm not going to be rocking Xmas/ASG/BHM/Easter/etc colors every single time I'm going out. I've already had my pair for a month and wear them regularly, got them when they were priced cheaper on overseas sites than the regular VIIIs too.

Last edited:
Pythons and the Grey Volts are both great casual colorways where you can slip on and wear any time that aren't loud.

Last edited:
Already said this a couple times in this thread, but I like the black EXTs simply cuz of versatility. Every single other colorway of this shoe has had a crazy snake camo pattern, loud color, or something else to it, which is cool, but sometimes I just want something I can slip on anytime for any occasion. The VIIIs are a great shoe that I want to wear regularly, on or off the court, but I'm not going to be rocking Xmas/ASG/BHM/Easter/etc colors every single time I'm going out. I've already had my pair for a month and wear them regularly, got them when they were priced cheaper on overseas sites than the regular VIIIs too.

That makes sense, I can understand that. Does the EXT have the same comfort level as the System? Is the shine on the upper overly "snake" like?

I was able to argue my way to a giftcard. I got the csr exasperated as I continue explain to her the footlocker put the restriction on the red camo after my order and that I was incorrectly charged. She kept on saying that launch products would 'NEVA EVA" allow discount codes. I explained to her repeated that it did in this case on the red camo, she finally gave up and said that she'll ask a supervisor even though she believes that he would say no too. After a 5minute hold she comes back saying they are issuing me a "ONE TIME, NEVER AGAIN, IMMA NOTE IT IN YOUR ACCOUNT" $21 giftcard.

So in conclusion I win. Would anyone spend 15 minutes on the phone to save $21?

I think imma just going to refund the shoes at the store, then rebuy using the giftcards and birthday code.

Last edited:
That makes sense, I can understand that. Does the EXT have the same comfort level as the System? Is the shine on the upper overly "snake" like?
The cushioning is practically the same. The major difference to me in terms of the fit is the heel padding of the EXTs aren't as "sculpted" to your ankles as the performance pairs are, but there's definitely still padding. The tongue is actually slightly padded in the area right behind where the Shozoku logo is compared to the performance VIIIs, which have no padding in that same area. There is a slight shine to the scales, which some people like and others don't, but I think it looks pretty good, not overly much.

Last edited:
Contemplating if I should make the drive to NTLA or not >D
I dont think they were gettting the volts but both red camos and volts still online...

I guess pythons will be the first to hit outlet? Only color way that didnt seem to sell out most sizes
funny cause i think thats like the 3rd best colorway behing bhm and xmas....you got the pythons sitting on shelf yet cats is fiending for them ashy ext joints..times truly have changed...limited equals must have i guess.

Back
Top Bottom