OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Guys,

I am new to the forums here, so maybe this has been discussed before, but do you see anything wrong with a non african-american buying the BHM Kobe's? I really like the color scheme, but I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe I am over-thinking this a bit, it really is just a different color / style...

Thanks,

Y2J 
I'm a black man for the record. For what it's worth I see nothing wrong with non-blacks wearing BHM sneakers. They're shoes, nothing more and nothing less, and that's how they should be perceived. Nike has just found a new way in the past few years to capitalize their profits by labeling certain shoes as "BHM". The average consumer wouldn't know the shoes were connected to Black History Month anyway.

Y2J I don't think you will be offending anyone. Look at this way, should you wear Jordan's/LeBron's/Kobe's/Durant's/etc. you're not offending anyone right? Those

are black athlete signature shoes. You will be just fine wearing a colorway paying homage to Black History Month.

Buy what u want, wear what u want. Black folks wear caucasian gear ALL the time. Race is not a factor when it comes to shoes nowadays, is it???? Its not to me anyway, im a negro american or whatever u wanna call me lol, not into the proper race terms. Wouldnt call myself african american bcuz i was not born there. Born here in the good ole US of A. BTW, this is ridiculous IMO, so like i said at the beginning, buy what u want, wear what u want.

What's Caucasian gear?

When is NikeChicago going to start the RSVP process? I have been refreshing their twitter feed all day long...
set up twitter notifications and text to twitter direct from your phone.

get the text the sec it goes out and reply instantly, no guarantee... i've responded w/in 2s and still not gotten my pairs before :/

Why do people post that a city goes live with the hashtag? By the time you post it here its well too late. Smh! Lol

Why do people post that a city goes live with the hashtag? By the time you post it here its well too late. Smh! Lol
I posted almost immediately. If someone wasn't following twitter but was on here at least they would have a CHANCE to score a pair. I've actually won

a couple RSVP's where I saw the hashtag here before I did on twitter.

I posted almost immediately. If someone wasn't following twitter but was on here at least they would have a CHANCE to score a pair. I've actually won

a couple RSVP's where I saw the hashtag here before I did on twitter.
That is true. Dude is only trying to contribute. Same reason I do it.

Last edited:
Got the DM back for the Kobe and KD 'BHM' lightning quick! Usually they drag on sending the replies, but this is the fastest I've ever seen it.

What's Caucasian gear?
Hockey  gear 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom