OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Took my Easters out the box for the first time in a while, and to my surprise the clear overlay that goes around the toe box is turning brown. Anything I can do about this or are they ******?

Got a pic? First time hearing of that problem. Glad I got rid of mine once I saw the color on the upper on someone's pair started bleeding to the other color.

My Easters finally shipped after I sweat it out.....reading the last two comments were a cause for concern but I'll just wear them and enjoy them as long as I have em.....

Resellers eating up all the TBs in florida. I just noticed all whole new crop of colors, Navy blue, game royal and red TBs.

Got a pic? First time hearing of that problem. Glad I got rid of mine once I saw the color on the upper on someone's pair started bleeding to the other color.
but this is a problem that can/will occur on every Kobe 8 that had the clear overlay instead of a colored overlay like some pairs had

It might be kind of hard to tell in the pics, especially without a fresh pair next to them for comparison, but this is definitely not what it looked like a couple months ago:

Last edited:
That's the reality of anything clear. Luckily only pairs with the clear overlay is on iDs but those are all dark based.

Guys I need some fellow sneakerhead opinion....I've found display pair sulfurs for 190 shipped from a fellow NTer, and I've found the xdr edition pythons for 197 shipped from kicks-crew....which should I get?

Whichever you like more. Personally, I love the Sulfurs. Pythons were different and everything but I felt like the Sulfur was probably one of the top five color ways for the model.

Phone order the purple/mint pit vipers for 69.99 in a 13 from ftl. There are some deals out here!

but this is a problem that can/will occur on every Kobe 8 that had the clear overlay instead of a colored overlay like some pairs had

It might be kind of hard to tell in the pics, especially without a fresh pair next to them for comparison, but this is definitely not what it looked like a couple months ago:
I wear my easters often & mines similar but not as dark, there should be a way to fix it,

although it doesn't really bother me, i didn't even notice it till you pointed it out... still one the best kb8 cw tho

Last edited:
Whichever you like more. Personally, I love the Sulfurs. Pythons were different and everything but I felt like the Sulfur was probably one of the top five color ways for the model.

This.

Ultimately it comes down to you, but those sulfurs are definitely a top 5 cw. I personally would regret missing out on sulfurs, but again it's all about what you like.

& I still need xdr sulfurs/bhm with the full shozoku, the 2 stripes pairs bothers me & looks incomplete when looking at my 8s
laugh.gif

Did a sweep through ebay, searched lebrons and kobes in my size out of curiosity, adding whatever I liked to my watch list. Neared the end of my spending limit for Kobes when I came across the motherload of TB's. Know some of you guys were talking about it a few days ago, but I wasn't ready. These sellers had me like:

Fell in love with the 8's all over again. :lol:

Did a sweep through ebay, searched lebrons and kobes in my size out of curiosity, adding whatever I liked to my watch list. Neared the end of my spending limit for Kobes when I came across the motherload of TB's. Know some of you guys were talking about it a few days ago, but I wasn't ready. These sellers had me like:

Fell in love with the 8's all over again. :lol:

I think I came across the same seller. TBs in Game Royal, Red, Maroon, Midnight Navy all in my size(pretty deep size runs in general).

Real tempted to grab a pair of Game Royal an Maroon to ball in, just love this model, can't get enough.

Last edited:
Curious for any prelude 8 owners. I've been looking at some on ebay and I really want to grab a pair. My only concern is how is the quality of that chrome tongue? after a few wears does it scratch up, fold, crease, etc? Without ever seeing a pair in person it's hard for me to tell what it's like....

Back
Top Bottom