OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Got my fades on at work! Favorite kobe 8s
You my friend have the greatest chair of all time lol also those purple fades are the heart and soul of the Kobe 8 line, it was an instacop the day we all first saw Kobe wear em

Thinking about selling my Easters to pick up the Purple Fades? What you think? Easters are DS.

Does anyone else have a problem with foot slippage because of the material of the insole? Or any ideas on how to fix it?

Does anyone else have a problem with foot slippage because of the material of the insole? Or any ideas on how to fix it?
No way, I prefer the lunarlon insoles over the zoom insert insoles. They feel great, IMO, definitely no slipping.

Are you playing ball in the shoe or just wearing casually?

No way, I prefer the lunarlon insoles over the zoom insert insoles. They feel great, IMO, definitely no slipping.

Are you playing ball in the shoe or just wearing casually?
I don't have a pair with the zoom so not sure what the difference in insole is.

Yeah I ball in them. Ball in the 4s, 5s, and 6s mainly. 

I know that I'll probably get shot down and it is probably bad luck, but on the limited time I've worn the 8s I've had two fairly severe ankle sprains, compared to 0 in the others haha. Probably a coincidence but if not then I'm fairly sure it's linked to the insole slippage.

I've also tried both cotton and dri-fit socks.

Thought I'd share my collection of boxes before I post the family pic. Label maker FTW!:smokin

Top 5 color ways
1 Fades
2 Mambacurials
3 XMAS
4 SS
5 Super Hero Elite

Last edited:
Not afraid to admit that while some are out popping bottles,getting models,mean muggin and shoulder shruggin on the town I just spent an hour cleaning up my 8s and getting them all shiny and clean for the spring and summer time.

Last edited:

Not afraid to admit that while some are out popping bottles,getting models,mean muggin and shoulder shruggin on the town I just spent an hour cleaning up my 8s and getting them all shiny and clean for the spring and summer time.
The one thing I hate to do is cleaning the shoes. I've been slacking just throwing them back in the box. Got to get on it. Which product do you use for your Kobe's?

Yes if anyone knows a good way to clean sole on the Blue Corals let me know mine is yellow and dirty. (Mine are beaters)

I use that jason markk cleaner.Its ok and works but prolly not the best imo tho.

I had been slacking on keeping my kicks clean and had just putting them back in the box so this was really needed.I wore my easters the most and the least was the tigers and MC's.I am so glad that you cant really tell when the Mc's soles are dirty.That is 1 of the dopest shoes ever and will get heavy wear this summer.

This seriously is 1 of the best shoes ever.Im broke af but want 3 more ids.Cant believe over 30 colorways dropped.Wack or not that is real cool of nike.

Last edited:
was at the park & dirt got thru the holes

anyone know how to clean the inside... just vacuum? 

dirt was stuck in between this part & the em

& in here

Last edited:
Crazy how much this shoe changed my opinion on lows as basketball shoes.... :/ really sad to see it go now and not sure what I think about the 9... Am currently trying to buy up as many pairs as I can find of the 8s at a decent price. They have taken over my #1 spot beating out the xx8se now. Am just really enjoying lows for the first time ever can play without hesitation... Only low that was close to that feeling for me was the 6 before but can't hold a candle to the feel if the 8. Still wish a setup like the LBJ XI would have been used for cushion but I kind of agree with the guy who posted about the Lunar forcing you to build the strength in your foot. Anyways rant off, was just sitting thinking about the 8s this morning.

Kobe 8's are cool. Never in a million years would i ever think i would own anything with kobes name on it.... Starting in march 2013 with the 1st pair and today im currently up to 9 pairs of 1 shoe(hell i got 8 pairs of KD VI's). Crazy. Lol.

Anyway hope to grab the preludes, hope to find supernaturals, and maybe grab the sulfurs to seal the deal for me on the 8's.

Pythons are definitely underrated. If I end up grabbing any more 8s, they'd be on my short list. Nice pickup on the jacket for $15 though. I remember grabbing a YOTS Destroyer jacket from an outlet for like $50 earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom