OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I love the Mambacurials and just spent basically double retail on a DS pair, I 100% plan to play in them.

You don't understand why people use their basketball shoes to play in and I don't understand why people think wearing basketball shoes to the mall is considered "stylish."  Different strokes.
so if you spent two stacks on a pair of shoes you'd play ball in em, do household chores in em and everything? Or wear em once in a while?

I got them as a gift and she got lucky and paid retail for em.. If she or I had to pay a few hundred bucks or reseller prices, I wouldn't play in em. But since it was for retail, I wanna be the guy with the crazy flashy shoes on the court and only got em for retail

so if you spent two stacks on a pair of shoes you'd play ball in em, do household chores in em and everything? Or wear em once in a while?

Wat.

I'd never spend $2,000 on a pair of shoes...

If I buy basketball shoes, I only wear them to play ball. Simple as that, I have plenty of non ball shoes to wear for other purposes.

All I'm saying is if I drop $3000 on mvp lebrons they won't see much use on the court

All I'm saying is if I drop $3000 on mvp lebrons they won't see much use on the court
Yea I don't think anyone is saying they would do that.  More along the lines of, it's just another shoe so if they didn't break the wallet (retail or close to it) why not ball in them if that's what they enjoy doing you know?  And I can totally understand that perspective.  I think we can all agree playing in shoes you payed 3k for is silly, unless you got stacks on top of stacks of cash.

For me personally, I purchase certain shoes strictly to ball in since my feet are super wide.  If I had a D-width foot things may be different.  

That's a very different shoe/situation than dude who got the WTK8s for retail wanting to play in them and people freaking out about it.

At the end of the day, do whatever you want with your shoes and I'll do the same. We're all here because we enjoy shoes in one way or another, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone ITT.

Yea I don't think anyone is saying they would do that.  More along the lines of, it's just another shoe so if they didn't break the wallet (retail or close to it) why not ball in them if that's what they enjoy doing you know?  And I can totally understand that perspective.  I think we can all agree playing in shoes you payed 3k for is silly, unless you got stacks on top of stacks of cash.

For me personally, I purchase certain shoes strictly to ball in since my feet are super wide.  If I had a D-width foot things may be different.  
ok I can respect that. If I end up with a limited shoe at tht price range it might see the court :lol:

I think it depends on what you consider "rare and expensive". I see people rocking high-end lebrons that go for 300+ nowadays but at the time the person bought them for retail...can u really blame them for balling in them? That's what they were intended for. I think it's dumb to say "I only ball in GR's"  because some of us DON'T wear bball shoes outside of basketball. So what.. we're only supposed to buy GR's? Personally, I love balling in kicks I think look dope... limited or not.

SS are up!!!

http://www.titolo.ch/nikekobe8systemss-p-8074.html

Warning: $230 shipped
sick.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
idk how yall hoard and collect actual BASKETBALL shoes

i would never be able to buy a pair of Kobes and just let them sit there or even consider wearing them casual :x

Kobes are meant for the court, like i said before had i got the WTK for retail they were gonna get beat to smithereens on the court then tossed in the trash. same would have went with any of the preludes if i had a chance.

limited? super limited? 1 of 25? Zyzz no care, if its a performance basketball shoe, its getting worn on the court where it belongs

flame on, if you want to collect a basketball shoe thats not fit for the court then go collect jordans :lol:

i would never be able to buy a pair of Kobes and just let them sit there or even consider wearing them casual
sick.gif

Kobes are meant for the court, like i said before had i got the WTK for retail they were gonna get beat to smithereens on the court then tossed in the trash. same would have went with any of the preludes if i had a chance.

limited? super limited? 1 of 25? Zyzz no care, if its a performance basketball shoe, its getting worn on the court where it belongs

flame on, if you want to collect a basketball shoe thats not fit for the court then go collect jordans
laugh.gif

Exactly. **** that!
laugh.gif
Because that's what the shoes were meant for?? Why pay for something to just stare at them. That's just my opinion. I wouldn't by a Ferrari just to stare at. I'm going drive it like it built/meant for.
There is a difference between wearing them, and wearing them to ball in (which pretty much destroys them).  i don't agree with leaving shoes DS, i literally have worn every shoe in my collection. i also don't feel like balling in them and messing them up. i'll stick to Hyperdunks for that

Im done reading all these posts about only basketball shoes on court vs. on street/casual.

Who the f*** cares?!?!? keep your opinions to yourself.

It is an issue that simply does not matter and truly your opinion means nothing to anyone else. 

It is wrong to put anything into a box like that. It just is. Whether it is sneaker or not. 

Anyone can do whatever they want as long as it is not hurting anyone. Thas it. Let it be.

Merry Christmas tho. 
pimp.gif

i would never be able to buy a pair of Kobes and just let them sit there or even consider wearing them casual :x

flame on, if you want to collect a basketball shoe thats not fit for the court then go collect jordans :lol:

Qft except the throwing in the garbage part. I have such a large rotation that my shoes will likely not get beat to the grown.

I've even balled in my Jordan 11 (which absolutely suck comfort wise).

Back
Top Bottom