OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Reselling isnt a "new" trend. Theres just more ways for you to witness it ...
This too. 

People think that since they are "Kobe" Collectors, that by some miracle they will have the shoes land in their lap. Everything has changed. Accept it. Adapt or be left behind. 

It's ironic because the people who are unwilling change or the ones buying the shoes of the player who is most known for adapting with the times throughout his career

Reselling isnt a "new" trend. Theres just more ways for you to witness it ...
I never said it was new but it has increase dramatically over the last 10 years. I see people now walk in the store, cop, walk out and try to sell to those in the line for double. thats foreign to me. 

Anyone up?  Is anyone going over to Roosevelt Field Mall for the preludes?  I know it was RSVP or raffle, but does anyone know if they will raffle off remaining pairs or fcfs?  Thanks

Did they end up having them? Asked a few employees and got different answers didn't want to wake up early for nothing.

I concur. Graffitis are def better than mine greys and green glow pits. If the Graffitis released in the mid top version Kobe first wore everybody would be talking a different story.

I never said it was new but it has increase dramatically over the last 10 years. I see people now walk in the store, cop, walk out and try to sell to those in the line for double. thats foreign to me. 

That's been happening for a long time. Maybe it's new in your area or you just notice it more now. The people that pay those prices to them just feed the lions in those scenarios. Most dudes around my way don't do that type of slander they're usually in too much of a rush to get out the mall before they get jumped. :lol:

Why does it have to be assumed that you can't get your pair just because it's people who don't want to wear the shoes?

Resellers, hype beasts, whatever people want to blame now have the same ways to get shoes we do. Some people have connects some have bots or whatever method they have to obtain the shoes. I hate it but at the same time those cats are putting in more work to get their pairs than the people who "really want them" as you say so we can't knock that...

I'm on your side trust me, but if you really want a certain pair then you have to put in extra work or suck it up and move on. That's how it is in 2013 unfortunately.
I agree with the notion that if you really want it, you have to put in work. that's why I buy all of my new releases in store and camp gauged on hype. If it's something I don't think is worth of camping or I lose the raffle, I move on. But I live around a lot of sneaker spots, some who get large quantities of big releases but everyone has that accessibility so I was thinking more out the box. Some live in South Dakota and states or have jobs which prevent them from camping.

That's been happening for a long time. Maybe it's new in your area or you just notice it more now. The people that pay those prices to them just feed the lions in those scenarios. Most dudes around my way don't do that type of slander they're usually in too much of a rush to get out the mall before they get jumped.
laugh.gif
Lmao. NYC isnt as dangerous as it used to be. I started witnessing like 3 years and I was like WTF. And now it's worse. Ive camped for a good amount of time and I never saw that until recently.

Yeah and for those people it's unfortunate that online releases have become such a hassle. I give props to Nike/FTL for expanding the House of Hoops brand inside the stores to spread the love to smaller states and whatnot to at least give access to them. Not to mention that it seems more Footactions are carrying Kobe's now than in the past.

I remember when the Vs dropped and I wanted USC and Dark Knights SOOO bad but access to them was limited to eBay. :frown:

It's crazy as hell how the Kobe line has turned around since it's release. Do you guys remember Kobe 1s being flooded for 49.98 and lower after release? That's when they moved them to FTL only and not until the 4 did they start to become a little more available. VI is when the madness began. The grinches really changed the game. :lol:

Me and my buddies always laugh about how the sneaker game in the state it is TODAY is solely because of Space Jams, Grinches, and South Beaches.

I'm done ranting. Back to praying for SS's :lol:

Yeah and for those people it's unfortunate that online releases have become such a hassle. I give props to Nike/FTL for expanding the House of Hoops brand inside the stores to spread the love to smaller states and whatnot to at least give access to them. Not to mention that it seems more Footactions are carrying Kobe's now than in the past.

I remember when the Vs dropped and I wanted USC and Dark Knights SOOO bad but access to them was limited to eBay.
frown.gif

It's crazy as hell how the Kobe line has turned around since it's release. Do you guys remember Kobe 1s being flooded for 49.98 and lower after release? That's when they moved them to FTL only and not until the 4 did they start to become a little more available. VI is when the madness began. The grinches really changed the game.
laugh.gif

Me and my buddies always laugh about how the sneaker game in the state it is TODAY is solely because of Space Jams, Grinches, and South Beaches.

I'm done ranting. Back to praying for SS's
laugh.gif
Shoot, I remember I used to rock the new Kobe's every season for ball. They sold the 1s at modells. I remember my local ones didnt have it but they would price match some around philly. Some of them had them for $39.99. I had the option of blackouts and MPLS. Went with the MPLS. Beat those to the absolute ground

I remember when the Vs dropped and I wanted USC and Dark Knights SOOO bad but access to them was limited to eBay.
frown.gif

It's crazy as hell how the Kobe line has turned around since it's release. Do you guys remember Kobe 1s being flooded for 49.98 and lower after release? That's when they moved them to FTL only and not until the 4 did they start to become a little more available. VI is when the madness began. The grinches really changed the game.
laugh.gif

I'm done ranting. Back to praying for SS's
laugh.gif
Most retailers were wary of carrying the Kobe line. In NYC, the Kobe 8's were the first Kobe to really sell fast with the exception of a few limited edition pair from past years. But it also speaks to the growth and evolution of his shoes. 

Most retailers were wary of carrying the Kobe line. In NYC, the Kobe 8's were the first Kobe to really sell fast with the exception of a few limited edition pair from past years. But it also speaks to the growth and evolution of his shoes. 
Yea the 7s flood the shoe racks in Ross here (all XDR tho) ... doubt i'll see sny 8 come next year

it's the unfortunate state of the sneaker game now. A little or no hope for the people who truly want the kicks TO WEAR.

In my case I have a demanding job that requires me to travel a lot. Therefore, i miss out on the majority of raffles and have had zero luck getting anything online the past year.
I'm rethinking my strategy - maybe new computer, faster internet connection, etc.
I also saw some bots on ebay and was thinking about buying one. At least they will allow me a players chance.
However, I just don't know if those $15 bots would be a total waste of my money.
At this point I have zero chance without one.

Incidentally, I agree with the above comments that the game has changed, really changed.
I see whole families lined up on ticket lines these days. Most would n't know a Prelude from a pair of converse all star.
At this point the damn situation its just plain frustrating.

Man don't let me see any 8s at Ross. (In my size :lol: )

Saw a couple of VII including the Aces and I was so mad it wasn't my size. :smh:

EXACTLY.

Since when is hustling harder not enough. The resellers obviously worked harder than you did. Therefore since they worked harder, they dont deserve them?
Resellers don't necessarily work harder. They operate as an organization, traveling in packs, rotating campout schedules for members so campers don't sit for too long. is it smarter, yes, working harder, no. Reminds me of COBRA
roll.gif

In my case I have a demanding job that requires me to travel a lot. Therefore, i miss out on the majority of raffles and have had zero luck getting anything online the past year.
I'm rethinking my strategy - maybe new computer, faster internet connection, etc.
I also saw some bots on ebay and was thinking about buying one. At least they will allow me a players chance.
However, I just don't know if those $15 bots would be a total waste of my money.
At this point I have zero chance without one.

Incidentally, I agree with the above comments that the game has changed, really changed.
I see whole families lined up on ticket lines these days. Most would n't know a Prelude from a pair of converse all star.
At this point the damn situation its just plain frustrating.
you have to buy bots to challenge the bots. Sound like Transformers 4
laugh.gif
. But yea, it is frustrating to say the least

Back
Top Bottom