OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I have a pair of white express jeans and basically every Kobe I wear with them looks awesome. Something about the white makes the shoe pop. Although I wouldn't wear a pair of WTK's.. they kinda look like clown shoes on feet IMO

Only diddy or people at cheesecake factory wear white pants. Is that you diddy. " take that take that"

^^ should've bought Kobe 8 Elites for bball instead of LeBron X Elites. Completely regret that decision. They are so clunky. I don't know how anyone plays in them.

I've always played in Kobe's. Idiotic for me to switch it up just because I got a deal at Villa for $117... I forced them on me

^^ should've bought Kobe 8 Elites for bball instead of LeBron X Elites. Completely regret that decision. They are so clunky. I don't know how anyone plays in them.

I've always played in Kobe's. Idiotic for me to switch it up just because I got a deal at Villa for $117... I forced them on me

Yeah I copped a pair of LBJ SH Elite x's on a good deal and was hoping they'd be better. I'm a relatively big guy too, 6'4 220 too and theyre clunky to me also. I've only hooped in em twice, I'll give them another couple tries but I'm going with '13 hyperdunks for now

Seems like a rant to me. And that is simply YOUR opinion.

Im 27 yrs old, and un-athletic... I have 8 pairs of kobe 8's.... So because i like the design, colors and comfort of this particular shoe makes me a hype because i dont hoop or go to the gym in them???

EVERY pair of kicks i own are worn for casual use. From my free runs to lunarglides to my Lebron XI to my Kobe 8.

Guess people cant like designs, colors and comfort of sneakers anymore because they arent using them for the proper activities. Smh.
EXACTLY, bro.  I NEVER Understood Why Cats feel you Absolutely HAVE TO Hoop in Hooping Shoes.
mean.gif

Getting "Value" by Hooping is One Philosophy. BUT. My Shoes will Last Longer the More Casual & Delicately I Treat Them. So, I can get MY "Value" that way too. 
eek.gif

I'm 28 yrs old, WAS Semi-Athletic, but Horrifically Past My Prime, now. LOL. I Hoop & Workout in my "Easter" 8's b/c they're the ones I like the Least & Don't Mind Messing Up.

My Fades, Sulfurs, Supernaturals, & VB (before I sold them) have NEVER Saw One Ounce of Physical Grind... and I'm going to keep it that way. So, in 5 yrs, I'll be able to whip them out for somewhere nice & they'll still be relatively Crisp. I'm an Apparel/Graphic Designer, so I Enjoy Design and the Way Things Look. And Sneakers growing up is part of why I am who I am & why I do what I do today.

Different Strokes for Different Folks. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I beat my Vday and Inline V's to the GROUND.

However. I wear my inks and del sols with jeans. Guess I'm only half an idiot. :lol:

funny how the same people who say "why are you concerned" are the same people mad on release day when they lose their raffles and online chances to bots and call those people hypebeast. (which I didn't call anyone a HB just gave an example of hype)

once again I was talking about those who pay over retail.to "style on em."(reading is fundamental)
and I did preface with do what you want.
you like what you like. moral was why break your neck over holding them for years. and busting out to rock once a year.

fruitless debate
everyone will throw on the teflon mentality.

carry on

Last edited:
I pretty much play exclusively in kobes (either 8s or 5s). Do you guys have any other shoes that are part of your regular rotation for ball? I'm a guard by the way...cp3.7 maybe? Lebron xi? The lunarlon in the 8 definitely loses its pop over time which is what's happened to my sulfurs and pythons from playing.

I pretty much play exclusively in kobes (either 8s or 5s). Do you guys have any other shoes that are part of your regular rotation for ball? I'm a guard by the way...cp3.7 maybe? Lebron xi? The lunarlon in the 8 definitely loses its pop over time which is what's happened to my sulfurs and pythons from playing.

Hyper dunk 2011s are one of the best shoes I've played in I recent memory

funny how the same people who say "why are you concerned" are the same people mad on release day when they lose their raffles and online chances to bots and call those people hypebeast. (which I didn't call anyone a HB just gave an example of hype)

once again I was talking about those who pay over retail.to "style on em."(reading is fundamental)
you like what you like. moral was why break your neck over holding them for years. and busting out to rock once a year.

fruitless debate

carry on

But who are you to put value on how other people perceive the shoes and find the value that they pay worth it? If they want to pay $100 over retail to "style on em", why is it dumb? Some would say it's dumb to spend $225 on a pair of shoes only to beat them to the ground on the court in 3 months.

Every person on earth places a certain value to the things they buy. I see what you're saying and stuff like that used to bother me, but getting older and making and having more of my own money I don't care what I buy if it's what I want and I certainly don't care about what anybody else buys at whatever price they want.

fruitless debate

carry on
But prefacing it with "do what you want" is about as useful as starting a sentence with "no offense" and finishing it with "but your mother's a who*e" lol doesn't really do it much good now does it?

Bottom line is, I paid over retail for my What the Kobe's and they won't see an ounce of athleticism in them all casual use.  Does that make me an idiot or ridiclous? I don't think so.  Like it was said before me, that'll only prolong the life of the shoe which to me makes it even more worth it!

But who are you to put value on how other people perceive the shoes and find the value that they pay worth it? If they want to pay $100 over retail to "style on em", why is it dumb? Some would say it's dumb to spend $225 on a pair of shoes only to beat them to the ground on the court in 3 months.
This^^

quoting me and yet still putting words in my mouth (text on the screen)

never called anyone idiotic
nor said it was dumb.
I said "I don't see the point."

which means it was my opinion just the same as you're saying your opinion right now....

well I'm sorry it rattled you and you took it as a personal slight which is why you're defending yourself against someone else's opinion.

Last edited:
quoting me and yet still putting words in my mouth (text on the screen)

never called anyone idiotic
nor said it was dumb.
I said "I don't see the point."

which means it was my opinion just the same as you're saying your opinion right now....

Tell me this. What's the "point" of spending $140 on a pair of shoes then? What's the "point" of paying retail when you can get discounted shoes from last year for around half off retail?

I just don't see what your angle is...?

Last edited:
Tell me this. What's the "point" of spending $140 on a pair of shoes then? What's the "point" of paying retail when you can get discounted shoes from last year for around half off retail?

I just don't see what your angle is...?
I would think you're paying for the latest and greatest in sneaker technology for the intended use of what they were created for.
that's me. I mean I can go to ross and pick up some drose crazy lights or lebron 10s or Kobe 7s for $40-60 (all of which have been seen personally)
and ball or work out in those.
but its nice to have new technology on your feet during your athletic endeavours.

If you were a runner are you running in air max 95s. or are you running in air max 2014s (whatever they're called)

Nike still makes shoes with the next great tech and new innovations for performance.

Last edited:
Personally I always like getting a blackout or GR colorway on discount or at outlets that I can just beat up on the court carefree, especially if I really like a particular model. I buy bball shoes both to play in them and for "collecting" purposes I guess, so I get both sides of the argument.

I would think you're paying for the latest and greatest in sneaker technology for the intended use of what they were created for.
that's me.I mean I can go to ross and pick up some drose crazy lights or lebron 10s or Kobe 7s for $40-60 (all of which have been seen personally) and ball or work out in those.
but its nice to have new technology on your feet during your athletic endeavours.

If you were a runner are you running in air max 95s. or are you running in air max 2014s (whatever they're called)

Nike still makes shoes with the next great tech and new innovations for performance.

Personally I always like getting a blackout or GR colorway on discount or at outlets that I can just beat up on the court carefree, especially if I really like a particular model. I buy bball shoes both to play in them and for "collecting" purposes I guess, so I get both sides of the argument.
Right. If I know I'm gonna hoop in them I find a cheaper pair so that when they get stepped on or scuffed it doesn't bother me.  Rather than having to use team time outs to clean off my sneakers haha.

Repped I do the same

Back
Top Bottom