OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

looks good brah!!!

Loving the avi bro! Colts fan for sure. Anyone whose absolutely NOT interested in the WTK's as it sounds like a lot of you aren't, do any of you live in a spot that you might be able to get them? I live in NY but upstate where we prolly won't get them, and idk if they'll release online. It would be a HUGE help if someone wanted to help me out with a size 9. I would definitely be down to pay extra for your troubles, but not looking to pay $600+ for these. Either way tho I think they're a dope concept and would love to add them to my collection to rock next summer.

Hooped in my Beaches probably over a hundred times.

Zero yellowing.

They are dirtier, yes, but not yellow like my Space Jams. 
I assume you're playing indoors and not wearing them anywhere else then. I've met up with a couple different dudes that supposedly had VNDS pairs of VBs and both times they've clearly been worn outdoors, as the soles had started to get a brown tint. Not nearly as bad as an OG or heavily worn retro Concord, Cool Grey, or Space Jam XI, but the VBs will definitely change colors if worn outdoors/in non-ideal weather.

I assume you're playing indoors and not wearing them anywhere else then. I've met up with a couple different dudes that supposedly had VNDS pairs of VBs and both times they've clearly been worn outdoors, as the soles had started to get a brown tint. Not nearly as bad as an OG or heavily worn retro Concord, Cool Grey, or Space Jam XI, but the VBs will definitely change colors if worn outdoors/in non-ideal weather.
My bad, didn't realize you were talking about outdoors. I'm fairly certain anyone would realize that clear soles won't hold up outside.

My 8s only see the hardwood, and haven't even slightly yellowed despite playing on some very dusty floors.

My Space Jams have only seen the hardwood and have yellowed horrifically.

Both bought brand new from Nike.

My bad, didn't realize you were talking about outdoors. I'm fairly certain anyone would realize that clear soles won't hold up outside.

My 8s only see the hardwood, and haven't even slightly yellowed despite playing on some very dusty floors.

My Space Jams have only seen the hardwood and have yellowed horrifically.

Both bought brand new from Nike.
No worries, bruh. Don't want you to think I was attacking you. I was just speaking in general to dude that asked if the colored translucent soles would age poorly and compared them to the VBs since those have the potential to do so.

I know the struggle with the clear soled XIs, my retro Cool Greys have gotten pretty bad and they've only seen hardwood, too. Oh well.

if i am up for the wtk i might try, not sure id ever wear em. more of a sentimental value with my wtk 7s. BRING ON THE 9's already!!!!

Has anyone had a problem with heel bruising? I've balled in mine since February for a full season and lately the next day after a game my heel is bruised. I know lunarlon doesn't have an unlimited lifespan and after alot of mileage it will just go flat. But just wondering if anyone has had same experience?

if i am up for the wtk i might try, not sure id ever wear em. more of a sentimental value with my wtk 7s. BRING ON THE 9's already!!!!

I'm in the same boat lol. I want them but just to look at. Maybe ball in them. Maybe they'll make me dunk like dude in the Bron thread

Last edited:

No worries, bruh. Don't want you to think I was attacking you. I was just speaking in general to dude that asked if the colored translucent soles would age poorly and compared them to the VBs since those have the potential to do so.

I know the struggle with the clear soled XIs, my retro Cool Greys have gotten pretty bad and they've only seen hardwood, too. Oh well.
I definitely agree the Kobe 8 translucent soles don't look like the Jordan Icy soles. The Jordan's yellow like nobody's business. The Kobe from pics and in-store viewing seem to hold up a little better. I'm guessing because they aren't a 100% see through soles thats why the yellowing or discoloring is not so bad. Thanks for all the info on the icy soles. Definitely helping me out on my decision on getting the Superhero Elites.

My kobe feature releases at 3pm today on sneakernews.com hopefully you guys enjoy it.

you're the Sammi dude everyone was talking about in the Yeezy thread? :rofl:

i didnt think you knew Ye :lol: wow man.

i remember you won some auction to play ball with Kobe :lol:

Back
Top Bottom