OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

just outta curiosity?

how many people id the amnestys and got em?

im holding out hope they still will drop...

Random post...

I wish they made these with a 10 and three quarters size, shoe would fit perfect!
lol I feel this way about the 11.5.  An 11.75 would be perfect for me.  

I like a snug fit for ball so I go with 11.5s.  Did not want to go up to 12 though.

No prob.  Your pain could in fact just be coming from the tight fit around the heel.  I suppose the socks could help with this?  Hope you're able to fix the problem.

Depending on how tight you tie your shoes they can strangle your Achilles. I tore my Achilles over a year ago and that particular side has the most pain. I have narrow feet and skinny ankles so I have to tie mine tight to really feel as though I'm locked down. The back portion does dig into the Achilles. I compared them to my IVs and the actual heel part in the 8s sits farther back. I'm assuming they did this to lock in the foot. When I have them tied a bit more loose to do plyos I have no problem.

I can't hoop in a brand new pair without knee pain. I'm 6'4 215 fwiw.
My question is aren't 2012 Hyperdunks also lunarlon cushioning? I know its not a removable insole, but if they're both lunarlon I wonder why the hyperdunks don't give me knee pain?

Still love my kobes for working out/casual wear..

The hyperdunks are made with a bigger, thicker cushion. I hoop in the hyperdunk 12 and 13's but not my kobe 8's

My question is aren't 2012 Hyperdunks also lunarlon cushioning? I know its not a removable insole, but if they're both lunarlon I wonder why the hyperdunks don't give me knee pain?

yep maybe the 2012 hyperdunks are targeted lunarlon like the 2013.. it does appear to be a thicker lunarlon compared to the kobe 8

Know this isn't the iD thread, but those Kobes @Nelson999 made ...
smokin.gif
thanks man! guess the pic got deleted, lol.  can't believe people really up in arms about ID's being posted in here.considering that afterall they are still Kobe 8s......  not like theres anything going on in here lately anyway besides a million pics of the "What The Pukes"

Last edited:
Know this isn't the iD thread, but those Kobes @Nelson999 made ... :smokin
thanks man! guess the pic got deleted, lol.  can't believe people really up in arms about ID's being posted in here.considering that afterall they are still Kobe 8s......  not like theres anything going on in here lately anyway besides a million pics of the "What The Pukes"

We have the id thread for a reason. No need to be difficult about things.
We know guys get excited and all. Just move the excitement where it should be.

i know, not being difficult its just funny.

i just think its easier having it all shared in one thread.  i for one would prefer to see other peoples ID's posted in here to spice things up

It's a ton of people that don't care for Ids or care for the clutter involved with all of the renderings being posted.

Besides, you act like you aren't talking to the same usual suspects in there. You'd be right at home :smile:

Yea like others have mentioned, the HD 2012s have targeted lunarlon.  The rest of the midsole is denser phylon I believe, so you've got more under you to take the impact.

Got in contact with the kb24 store and they said the release date of the WTK's won't be until December 7th, not for sure they said but almost definite.

Has anyone tried fitting the lebron 11 insert into their Kobe's?
Someone on youtube bought full length air units from ebay for $10-15 and modified the Kobe Insert to fit the unit.

Has anyone tried use plastidip to protect the front toe box rubber when playing sports? I might try it after scuffing my superheroes. You can get it in clear. Also I noticed that the kobes with clear coating toe area are much more resistant to scufs as it feels like hard plastic vs soft rubber (volts, milksnakes, etc). 

Last edited:
I think one of the lakers is wearing a white version of the elites... I wasn't able to take a pick but I paused and saw all white with gold shozoku.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom