OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Uggggh I used to have a pair of Adidas Kobe 1's mesh and Kobe 2's in white for grade school basketball team. I can't even remember what happened to those shoes. My mom probably donated them off
tired.gif

wait lmfao did I read this right... youd cop a pair of kobes if you got them for below retail and that would cause you to move on from crappy jordans??? do you listen to yourself?? retro jordans are garbage quality with crap comfort and that usually cost you more then the kobe 8s... what am I missing?? Kobe 8s better comfort, better quality, they look sick, and cheaper then jordans imo you should already be buying kobe 8s and leaving those crappy jordans, like you stated behind
Only have 1 pair of J's. Quality puts me off. Look at the 12's for example, they go up in price and down in quality 
mean.gif

Doesn't even look like leather anymore.

Will def be sticking with Kobes as my go to option. 

damn tuesday? Ordered from Richards right when someone posted a link and it says friday :frown: 

Yup.Im in Chicago and most big shoe stores get to me in 2 days or 3 at the max.Fnl gets to me in 1 shipping day.ndc and ftl both take 3 days.

If you are in the Midwest it's pretty fast shipping.

Last edited:
Only have 1 pair of J's. Quality puts me off. Look at the 12's for example, they go up in price and down in quality 
mean.gif

Doesn't even look like leather anymore.

Will def be sticking with Kobes as my go to option. 

the ones furthest to the right are nubuck i believe... they are called the flu games. notice the :frown: on the tongue

^^^ That's a steal, they will easily be worth double that once they sell out. This game is screwed 
mean.gif

for the homie who said he was on vacay here in Hawaii/or for anyone who cares: hoh ala moana will be getting their purps on Tuesday. they're getting 64 pairs. but all the 10.5s might be held already. best bet is to call first thing tues morning and ask to put a hold. I think they answer phones ~9a. maybe earlier since they're doing shipment. if you call earlier, maybe the sup on duty will assume it's an assoc calling out sick. either way, they open at 10.

If you miss out on the Venice Beach, you'll still be able to score them for less than $250 after RD. Don't know what that guy is thinking trying to flip them for $700
laugh.gif

Last edited:
So if still haven't received shipping confirmation from dsg, should I give up hope, or is there still a chance?

Good to see pair of sulfur size 13 in my local nike stadium, also the fades are sitting in the shelves. Makes me cop for double yebah!

BHM's are my favorite 8's, sick pic :pimp:

I remember someone saying they would pay $240 or $250 for them. Good luck with that now.

For anyone wondering about how to clean the EM:

- this has been done immediately after playing, so any dirt and stuff doesn't have much time to settle in, if you will

- I put one dry hand towel on the inside of the shoe almost to make it fill its dimensions and look like your foot is in it. The main purpose of this is to absorb any of the moisture from cleaning so it doesn't get all on the inside and sit (can cause shoes to smell, which would be awful)

- I take a hot wet towel with very little soap on it and basically dab the outside of the EM. Once it looks like it's moistened, take a semi-dry paper towel and rub the area, but not so hard that it causes the paper towel piece to fray and get caught in the EM.

This has worked for me so far. The upper that dirt is most easily seen on in pairs I own is with the superhero elites (sulfurs you can't really tell, blue lights are a little more noticeable, and I haven't had to clean the chaos iDs yet). I had lots of dark marks from people stepping on my shoes and the above process has gotten them out easily.

I know people say "well if you hoop in your shoes why care if they get dirty" but it's nice being able to ball in them and step on the court and have them still look new :D

Last edited:
For anyone wondering about how to clean the EM:

- this has been done immediately after playing, so any dirt and stuff doesn't have much time to settle in, if you will

- I put one dry hand towel on the inside of the shoe almost to make it fill its dimensions and look like your foot is in it. The main purpose of this is to absorb any of the moisture from cleaning so it doesn't get all on the inside and sit (can cause shoes to smell, which would be awful)

- I take a hot wet towel with very little soap on it and basically dab the outside of the EM. Once it looks like it's moistened, take a semi-dry paper towel and rub the area, but not so hard that it causes the paper towel piece to fray and get caught in the EM.

This has worked for me so far. The upper that dirt is most easily seen on in pairs I own is with the superhero elites (sulfurs you can't really tell, blue lights are a little more noticeable, and I haven't had to clean the chaos iDs yet). I had lots of dark marks from people stepping on my shoes and the above process has gotten them out easily.

I know people say "well if you hoop in your shoes why care if they get dirty" but it's nice being able to ball in them and step on the court and have them still look new :D
Thanks for the tips

Yeah but if I don't have to spend money on a cleaner when a DIY home remedy does the trick just as well why not post, you know? Do whatever you want to do, but having alternatives never hurt anyone :tongue:

My First post! Been following this forum since Feb! Thanks for all the web links. So hard to get them shoes in Australia! 

My 'Corby'. Very fast shipping!

My current Kobe 8 Family. BHM and Christmas are 'GC' ... Blue lights are my playing pair!

Back
Top Bottom