OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Is it just me or are the kobe 8 elites what should have been released from the get go...considering the carbon fiber isn't real on the non elites and the price increase will be what another hundred for fly wire?

Everybody is jumping the gun IMHO, remember how we felt about the kobe 8 initially?? Let more colors/pics surface..

Last edited:
Everybody is jumping the gun IMHO, remember how we felt about the kobe 8 initially?? Let more colors/pics surface..
What do you mean we? I liked the Kobe 8 from jump. I liked the Christmas from jump. Those Elites are uninspired no matter how much you want to wait. They look exactly like the non-elites.

People have been complaining that they want a solid upper for months now. We get a solid upper and they complain about that too. :smh:

Is it just me or are the kobe 8 elites what should have been released from the get go...considering the carbon fiber isn't real on the non elites and the price increase will be what another hundred for fly wire?
That's how Nike does the elites. Initially release something that doesn't have CF. Then put some CF on them and raise the price $80.

Elites are nice IMO. Will cop greens at deep discount since I already have the supernatural and am planning on Easter. Too many green shoes. If they drop another color way I could be interested more, just too much green. I like what they've done an the speckled heel clip and shank look dope. Like the look of the wire too although most hate it. Want to cop but just can't drop that stack on another green shoe. So patiently waiting for another color way. Although knowing nike since this is the "hero pack" it will be über limited and beasts will beast. No worries for me tho either way. Please make a laker elite cw

I actually like how the elite version looks. CW looks great to me.
Just know ill most likely will not be coppin until they go on sale bcuz the price tag for elites are just ridiculous

What do you mean we? I liked the Kobe 8 from jump. I liked the Christmas from jump. Those Elites are uninspired no matter how much you want to wait. They look exactly like the non-elites.

Meant the majority of people disliked them based on that fake sulfur pic. Seeing them in person or different colorways may change how you feel about the shoe. Just my .02 cents

Kobes would've been better if the colors were flipped around. All blue with poison green sole. I'll wait for another colorway.

KDs colorway Elite is much better executed imo. Lebron's fuggitaboutit

The mesh on the solid upper still looks like a nice snakish pattern. Beating a dead horse but more solid colored uppers going forward be nice.

Meant the majority of people disliked them based on that fake sulfur pic. Seeing them in person or different colorways may change how you feel about the shoe. Just my .02 cents
Not even that fake sulfur was ugly AF!!! i still dont like it, once they officially released pics then i was feelin em... these arent fake pics of the elites, 2 different situations your bringing up

Last edited:
One thing positive to say about the new elites, there is no way that they can possibly be more uncomfortable than the VII elites. Those things were impossible to break in.

Nike trolling us by giving us the solid upper on the Elites :lol: I didn't get any last year even when they went on sale. I'm going HAM this year. :evil:

Kobe_EliteX-Ray_Mamba_3D_18604.jpg

Nike should have thrown this on the upper someone photoshop this

Last edited:
Thinking of getting another Kobe 8.... I need help between Red Suede YOTS or Easter ?
Depends on the use, if its strictly for casual wear either will work, though multi color shoes like the Easter can be harder to rock due to the different colors if your trying to match, but if its for basketball or any other athletic activity the Easters would have to be the choice since they are designed for it. Red Suede's are strictly for casual wear. Not saying you couldn't ball in them but they don't have the same support system and breath ability.

Back
Top Bottom