Official Nike Breast Cancer Thread - Volume It deserves its own Thread

mad.gif
Missed it.

eastbay only has small size left...i just checked and these were the sizes that i was able to add to cart...6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, & 8

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Originally Posted by shaqrules

Originally Posted by marley

I cant believe that kids tryin to get 1200. That is rotten. He could prolly have gotten 400 just listing them regular auctions style. What a greedy ***.
lemme tell you about this kid. he wasn't even aware that they were releasing until his homie told him. he looked to be a sz 9 or 10 and he also was aware that my dude behind me in line wore a 12. i'm thinkin he picked them up so that he could make some cash...duh. but the kid hung out in front of the store to see what everyone else came out with. straight scrub.

What the hell was he there for in the first place then?

he and his other friends were hovering around hoh the whole day. the saw the display of the hd and the blue chip. here's a ******ed part that proved heand his homie's were hypebeast. they thought the blue chips were some kind of air max running shoe; when we were outside waiting, they kept asking meabout the "think blue" air max. i looked at them and then laughed to their faces. but anyway, to make a long story short, i'm sure they werejust hypebeasts tryin to hold another pair of limited kicks for ransom.

and for those who think these aren't limited, get off your high horse cause they are. just because they showed up on eastbay, doesn't mean jack. eastbay was only way that these were possible to get out internationally...besides ebay. think about it, 4 nt's and 3 hoh's. done deal. not tomention that the biggest size list and found was a 12. for the one who came out w/ the information about the sizes up to 16? where did you get that from?

Hey guys, surprisingly, eastbay just let me add 9, 10, and 10.5 to my cart...

no 9.5 though....

Guys should check it out if its your size...

It may let you add them but when you try to checkout I bet it cancels them. Thats how it was on the Jordan xi/xii packs.

I just called Eastbay to see if by chance they had a 12 and it wasnt on the site. When i gave the guy the product number he said the shoe was no longeravailable in any size.

There is one guy on ebay with two pairs right now, and i suggest checking out his auctions for the pure purpose of being amused.

He has two promo pairs (likely from NDC. See how he lists the sizes size 10 mens, size 8.5 womens and size 10.5 mens, size 9 womens.
For being a shoe person, its clear that he did not just make a mistake there. He got it wrong for both auctions and subtracted 1.5 sizes instead of adding. Sohe has already proved that he knows and cares little about shoes.

Then at the bottom of his auction he was asked a very kind question. His listings start at 189.99 and 184.99 respectivly with BIN at 284.99 and 249.99. He isall over the place. Here is the question:

Q: can u consider if i buy both pairs 10 and 10.5 from u at the price 400? please consider and i can pay by paypal asap thx Feb-12-09
A: I'd rather let the auctions run the course. Thanks and good luck.

In addition to the 1200 auction, these auctions are absoutly bothering me to the furthest depths of my soul.

I wept on Jan 24th when I saw that Kay had passed on. Anyone who loved the game and her cause would have been close to tears. If any of you resllers arereading this(and I know some are, because your auctions include indepth NikeTalk analysis about the distribution and # of these sneakers made) Then I hope yougive every penny of profit and your own money spent on these to the breast cancer initiative.

http://www.wbca.org/kayyowwbcacancerfund.asp

If not then as far as I am concerned, anyone who profits on this shoe should be ashamed to ever post a thing on NikeTalk period. I will not say that I speakfor others or for all, but can you only imagine Kay's struggle and the strength of her character, which far surpasess mine.

Then question yourself about the strength of your own character and tell me that you don't feel pathetic and empty inside.

Shaq... thanks bro.. Wheew...

FUpand Coming.. I mentioned earlier some Promos were probably extra they had on Campus OR extra they had done up and sent in, because PROMO's are done upin a different factory than GRs although they were ALL probably done up out of the same place for these, but extras were ordered up or something for additionalsend out.

So what are we guessin, maybe about 80 pairs of these released roughly. There have been 15 auctions end already and their are currently 31 pairs on ebay. Thats 46 pairs. So over half the pairs released ended up in the hads of resellers. That is sad and that is ruining this game for me. A lot of people wantedthis shoe for its meaning and to show support for the cause. More than half the people who got them only bought them to make profit off of them and that ismessed up.

I Called Eastbay and totaaly out for those who wanted to know, operator said she had real limted sizes and were gone really quick.
Ne body s got an extra 7 or 8 they are selling, pm me.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Shaq... thanks bro.. Wheew...

FUpand Coming.. I mentioned earlier some Promos were probably extra they had on Campus OR extra they had done up and sent in, because PROMO's are done up in a different factory than GRs although they were ALL probably done up out of the same place for these, but extras were ordered up or something for additional send out.
thanks for clearing it up Rock. Just wanted some insight cause I never seen anyone post about receiving Promos in any shoe straight from NDC

Thanks to the Nter who dropped the info bout eastbay and franky good looking for placing my order while i was in class
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

now hopefully eastbay doesn't cancel my order like they did with Chaos'
mad.gif

You are welcome^^^^I posted them being on eastbay!!! I hope none of these went to resellers.

^^ yeah no problem you know how we do!

^ and sorry bro im a hard core Reseller/Trader for '09! That makes 3 for me besides what i copped for others. Get that paper
roll.gif

And to all you guys saying you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to profit off of a sneaker that was made to support a good cause $%*# YOU!!! Nikedonates a MINIMUM of $2 for every product for breast cancer awareness and your worried about a profit another guy makes?! Let me see you rock this shoeoffcourt
laugh.gif

Trading FTW!

^
Then donate a bigger portion off of your profit then sir...

doesn't sound too hard for a hard core reseller, you should be pullin in guap then...

help support the cause and your pockets at the same time.

^only MJs speaks the TRUTH
Nike releases say 100 pairs of HDs to the public, 100 x 2 is $200
roll.gif
and even if they donated all profits, thats 100 x $120 which is $12,000..a BILLIONDOLLAR corporation donating a few thousand dollars to a Foundation is just
smh.gif

if these shoes are for a good cause why not just auction off pairs or make these extremely GR and donate say 20% or more of sales? Nike COULD HAVE handled thisrelease alot better but they screwed up BIG TIME. They release 80-100 pairs to the public KNOWING re-sellers will feast on these ESPECIALLY at the biggesthypebeast/re-seller home which we call HOUSE OF HOOPS
Why do you think people are re-selling the HDs for ridiculous amounts and not the blue chips, because HDs are EXTREMELY LIMITED (to the public atleast). Ifpeople are concerned about supporting Nike's cause, then buy up all the Blue Chips sitting on shelves and on NDC. Lurkers, you guys too, heres the linkhttp://store.nike.com/ind...r-inline/cid-1/pid-243196
laugh.gif

Everyone in this thread will agree this was a great idea on paper, but execution sucked.. Nike basically gave the Yow/Breast Cancer Foundation a slap in theface with this release
smh.gif

Nike made their money off these shoes and so are re-sellers, thats life people, move on...I for myself will NOT be re-selling these and will KEEP them... andfor everyone who were able to purchase these at NTowns, HOHs, NDC or eastbay congrats...

don't blame the re-sellers BLAME NIKE.

^
yeah we know,
the 2$ thing is horrible.
if nike was bout it bout it,
they'd just send all portions for the shoes/shirts to the foundation...

all I'm sayin is since he wants to profit from it, why not send more then the $2 amount to the foundation out of his profit...

hell, 3, 4, 5.... key word is more...

I see what you're saying Vince, but let that be up to Nike since it was their idea to release these and destroy the whole purpose of this release...

a little OT, but can we get a shoe to that will go to support the V Foundation? I believe they did help start the Yow Foundation, correct? Lets see shoecreated in honor of Jimmy V and his Foundation and see Men's College Basketball teams wear em

I know the folks who DID pay big bucks for their BCs on ebay feel sick right now......

And yeah.. while I respect the hustle of Resellers and you will see me say that often. They are a shoe collectors yang...

However when it comes to this, I will be a hypocrite and say, causes like this while handled by Nike very poorly should really be kept aside from resellingunless to donate to the Foundation or A foundation.

I really can only blame the people who buy them for the absurd prices, cause no one is holdin a gun to their heads, but this was sort of different to me.

What can ya do. Other than complain to Nike.

I try not to get my feelings involved with resellers/sneakers.

There are certain evils in life, resellers are one of them (from my point of view), obviously they will see it differently.

No one makes anyone buy their shoes, I have paid what some would call a rediculous amount for shoes, I felt it was a fair price though. I buy what I like, ifthat puts a couple dollars in someones pocket, so be it.

At the end of the day it's just sneakers.

Buy what you like, and if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom