Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the biggest Nike fan can insist that competition would be good for the brand. I don't think the Adidas Yeezi will be as well accepted but if the quality is top-notch hopefully Nike/JB QC takes note. (I mean we was like we'll take the glue stains anyway for a $250 shoe!)

NB, Asics & the Y-3 line have been running circles around Nike's QC for years.

And if Nike decides to step up in the "materials/quality" department thats at least a WIN for us all. If anything great came out of this (if anything could during this whole fiasco) it was that Ye' wanted these kicks to more of a GR and hopefully more people will get Nike to MAKE MORE SHOES.

^^^ Might just have to start a new forum until the fate of these shoes are known and it becomes locked...

But what is so wrong with reaching out to the CEO? I think he has every right. No celebrity or athlete brought anything close to the yeezy 2 to nike. 
#1 The CEO does not get involve in those type of negotiations to sign Rappers or Athletes.  CEO's make top level strategic decision that directly affect the financial status of the company.  

#2 How much money do you believe Nike made of the Yeezy's?   Kanye does not bring the same cash MJ, Lebron nor Kobe generate in sales.   I'm pretty sure there are other decision makers interacting with those athletes and not necessarily the CEO.
I would Kanye brought a CRAZY $$$ amount in. All of the "Yeezy" inspired colorways on everything from Air Maxes, Roshe, etc ... They are all take down colorways so technically Kanye gets credit. I can go into WAY more detail, But i dont have the time.

-Fresh 

NOT SELLING MY PLATS EVER NOW.
I have 1 solar left. Bought to hold on to it till FC puts them at 10k 
laugh.gif

I would Kanye brought a CRAZY $$$ amount in. All of the "Yeezy" inspired colorways on everything from Air Maxes, Roshe, etc ... They are all take down colorways so technically Kanye gets credit. I can go into WAY more detail, But i dont have the time.

-Fresh 
You really need to get connected with the industry.... 

MJ = $2.2B   

LeBron = $300M

Kobe = $48M

I really wonder where Kanye's Yeezys and Yeezy inspired shoes sales numbers fit within the numbers above.   

-Fresh 

Wait............... WHAT? Now Kanye gets credit for shoe's with SIMILAR colors on them that people on the internet deemed as "Yeezy inspired". WOW............................

-Fresh 

You really need to get connected with the industry.... 

MJ = $2.2B   

LeBron = $300M

Kobe = $48M

I really wonder where Kanye's Yeezys and Yeezy inspired shoes sales numbers fit within the numbers above.   

We don't even need to mention the athletes.. Let's keep it strictly Nike and their ideas...

Elite Socks = $100M...... Where does anything Yeezy related ( colorway or actual shoe) factor into that???? R rodrigofresh

While I respect his decision to get out of what he considered a bad relationship with Nike it would have been great if he truly embraced "new slave" mentality and said eff all y'all and did his own thing. At some point not being completely in charge will create another problem.

People seem to forget that there is an entire world outside of Niketalk and their respective sneaker communities... To say Nike lost money because of Kanye is a foolish thing to believe or say. Outside of NT and sneaker blogs, the world could care less about a Yeezy.

People seem to forget that there is an entire world outside of Niketalk and their respective sneaker communities... To say Nike lost money because of Kanye is a foolish thing to believe or say. Outside of NT and sneaker blogs, the world could care less about a Yeezy.
From a Kanye West Fan....... "AMEN!!!"   Kanye is not essential to Nike's success.  Love the guy but he should have gone about this fiasco a totally different way. He needs to stop burning bridges (Nike, Louis Vuitton, H&M, etc) 

i remember when I was at the concert Sunday night and he was talking about Adidas and didnt even don on me about these. I hope they do realize but we will see. If so they will be even more sought after.

Kanye also did not lose anything either... Nike as a company may be worth more than him, but individually he's worth way more than many nike exec's... Including the CEO. Both nike and Kanye will be fine... Not sure why that keeps being brought up...

How many ppl in here believe a Yeezy Adidas shoe will hit $2K value?? Let's be realistic, the shoe will sell but those hoping for the astronomical hype the "Air Yeezy" brought is not happening.

Kanye also did not lose anything either... Nike as a company may be worth more than him, but individually he's worth way more than many nike exec's... Including the CEO. Both nike and Kanye will be fine... Not sure why that keeps being brought up...
I fail to see you point here... 

Nike pay to CEO Parker totaled $35.2 million last year, boosted by $20 million stock award

It was a vintage fiscal 2012 for Mark Parker, Nike's chief executive.
His compensation totaled $35.2 million for the year ending May 31 and was more than 200 percent higher than his $11 million compensation in fiscal year 2011, according to a regulatory filing made public Friday.

The compensation includes salary, stock awards and other payments. For Parker, it's the stock award that gave his compensation some extra oomph.

On May 18, the Nike board granted Parker a $20 million "restricted stock unit retention award," intended to keep him at the company for at least another five years when he can get hold of that $20 million.

Parker, 56, has been president and chief executive as well as a board director since 2006. He has been employed at Nike since 1979. He still designs shoes.

The regulatory filing included total compensation for other Nike executives: Charlie Denson, Nike Brand president, $10.8 million, 40 percent over previous year; Donald W. Blair, vice president and chief financial officer, $4.34 million, 33 percent increase; Gary DeStefano, president, global operations, $4.7 million, 30 percent increase; Eric Sprunk, vice president of merchandising and product, $4.44 million, 37 percent increase.

Nike also announced Friday that its annual shareholder meeting would be held Sept. 20 in the Tiger Woods Center on the World Headquarters Campus.

:D

if kanye had so much money he could get his OWN line off the ground without needing a company

Last edited:

How many ppl in here believe a Yeezy Adidas shoe will hit $2K value?? Let's be realistic, the shoe will sell but those hoping for the astronomical hype the "Air Yeezy" brought is not happening.
I don't think anyone here wants a Yeezy shoe let alone any shoe to hit 2k except for a reseller.

What I don't understand is, Kanye wants his own clothing line and such, and if bumass rappers can do it, why can't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom