Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we want info so bad? I'd rather keep it quiet and head down to one of my mom and pop stores on Friday and at least have a chance at a pair. If they release a list of all the stores that got em, you got no chance. Imagine how fast the info would spread, pandemonium.

PPL NEED TO STOP ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS AND START DOING THEIR OWN RESEARCH.........

Man fu*k this shoe no sneaker is worth all this hassle this is a celeb shoe the get everyone all pissed off. you got celebs that not even where nikes wearing these just to show off what other ppl cant have. Watch nike then release a ugly sample cw that they scrapped and in a month or two release it in big numbers and prob. raise the price too and everyone that couldnt get a pair will snatch these up. It would be mad funny come rd if no one shows up to any stores for these I would love to see all the store owner jaw drop like damn but that would never happen.

Originally Posted by Reignman40

Why do we want info so bad? I'd rather keep it quiet and head down to one of my mom and pop stores on Friday and at least have a chance at a pair. If they release a list of all the stores that got em, you got no chance. Imagine how fast the info would spread, pandemonium.
Or you can just tell everyone they art getting them. Paris Dunks part II.

...So, where online will these be available?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i wasnt familar with the FTC law, i'll read about it later. thanks for the knowledge.

it would vary by state, since state's have their own laws (the FTC would apply across the US since it's federal law) any raffle that requires a purchase could be interpreted as a form of gambling. that's why randoms cant hold lotteries, and are strictly governed (so they can collect taxes lol). the reason people assume it's legal to hold purchase raffles is because there's no real policing going on. now if you had snitches then there could be some trouble ahead for the organizers of the purchase raffle.
one way around purchase raffles is to give anyone that wants, one free entry, and then bonus entries to people that pay to play. so ultimately no purchase necessary. for example this is how mcdonalds can run their monopoly promotion. since anyone can request a free game piece...

Originally Posted by Shoeman2004

GOT SOME "LIKELY" INFO FROM A NIKE REP, EDITING THE CONVO RIGHT NOW SO HE DOESNT GET IN TROUBLE SINCE HE WAS HELPFUL COMPARED TO ALL THE "I DON'T KNOWS" IVE GOTTEN RECENTLY.

Thanks for posting up the info in advance man

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by reidwms

So all these places making you buy things in order to be entered into a raffle are violating the law.

What exactly is the law though?

Selling raffle tickets to win a free pair is perfectly legal, people do it all the time for other things.
Giving away raffle tickets for free, to buy a pair of shoes is legal.

Selling raffle tickets for the opportunity to buy a pair, i don't know if that is illegal or legal, thats probably why that ny store switched it up.
After a quick google search it seems though only "private tax exempt or non profit organizations" are allowed to raise money through raffles and it must go to a charitable cause. I skimmed it but that was the jist of it.  I'm sure there is someone more qualified to chime in on here though. 
From what I have found raffles can only be sold by non-profit organizations and must be for charity reasons only

ME: Is nike going to announce what stores are getting yeezys like they did with first ones?
NT REP: Yes they will but it probably won't be until about 2 maybe 3 days before the launch.
ME: ok so they just don't want week long camp outs?
ME: basically
NT REP: That is what I am thinking. IF the store info is announced to early it would cause a lot of issues at the stores. I know they don't want a repeat of the Galaxy launch.
ME: and can you say if they'll be online or if HOH will get them?
NT REP: I hope we do get them online but that won't be announced either until 2 days before the launch.
NT REP: I wish they would release like a 1/2 million pairs or something it would solve a lot of craziness during this launch. HOH should get them but no word on how many
ME: i know right, def need to meet the demand but i'm sure they are worried that half the people won't want anymore if they aren't "limited"
NT REP: True. IF that many were sold they wouldn't be considered a limited edition
iME: have a good day, and goodluck to you on getting your pair as well!
NT REP: I won't get them. I have to wait 24 hours after they launch to order them. I know for sure that will be too late. Bad deal for me
ME: always could be restocks right?
NT REP: They better on this one. We were getting death threats last year over this Yeezy launch lol
ME: jesus really? on the live assistance?
NT REP: I was on the phone last year when they launched. It was really really bad

Originally Posted by balkiny03

Man fu*k this shoe no sneaker is worth all this hassle this is a celeb shoe the get everyone all pissed off. you got celebs that not even where nikes wearing these just to show off what other ppl cant have. Watch nike then release a ugly sample cw that they scrapped and in a month or two release it in big numbers and prob. raise the price too and everyone that couldnt get a pair will snatch these up. It would be mad funny come rd if no one shows up to any stores for these I would love to see all the store owner jaw drop like damn but that would never happen.

from the guy with galaxy foams in his avatar...

so you guys think the HOH is lying that they will not get them just to stop maddness???

here in Chicago at north riverside i was their when the manager walked by from the back room saying to his workers that he got the email that they will not have them

idk they could be tricking us

ME: Is nike going to announce what stores are getting yeezys like they did with first ones?
NT REP: Yes they will but it probably won't be until about 2 maybe 3 days before the launch.
NT REP: That is what I am thinking. IF the store info is announced to early it would cause a lot of issues at the stores. I know they don't want a repeat of the Galaxy launch.
NT REP: I hope we do get them online but that won't be announced either until 2 days before the launch.
NT REP: I wish they would release like a 1/2 million pairs or something it would solve a lot of craziness during this launch. HOH should get them but no word on how many
ME: i know right, def need to meet the demand but i'm sure they are worried that half the people won't want anymore if they aren't "limited"
NT REP: True. IF that many were sold they wouldn't be considered a limited edition
NT REP: I won't get them. I have to wait 24 hours after they launch to order them. I know for sure that will be too late. Bad deal for me
NT REP: They better on this one. We were getting death threats last year over this Yeezy launch lol
NT REP: I was on the phone last year when they launched. It was really really bad
Talking about the yeezy 1 or 2 here?

thanks.
pimp.gif

hopefully there is an online release.

ubiq just announced that no one is allowed to line up and info will be provided wednesday.

looks like most store arent letting these dopes sit outside their stores for a week.

^talking about the 1st with death threats meant to type "Last time" he corrected it later i just didnt post full convo, feel bad for this dude come sat, at least he's online now

^talking about the 1st with death threats meant to type "Last time" he corrected it later i just didnt post full convo, feel bad for this dude come sat, at least he's online now
The 1st yeezy came out in 2009 and it is now 2012 so if he's talking about "death threats" last year then this convo is complete bs and was made up. Plus nike reps don't talk the way the convo was posted.

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by rjucks

Originally Posted by shump

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Atlanta NTers whats good?????

Apparently wish inst letting people line up and Lenox said they wont be getting them which i think is a lie.
my guess is some combination of wish, walters, and the hoh in southlake will get them. would be surprised if any store in lenox gets them since they're all big chain stores and the nike store is simply a running store. i miss our old niketown 
ohwell.gif
called walters they said they aint getting them which i believe is a lie, and called wish, they said they dont know yet and no lines can be formed...

I called the spot Atlanta got sole civets they said they don't know.

Not trying to discredit you but why would you need to edit the information he gave you? Why not just edit his name? I hope this conversation really took place.

lol yea ok "yanky" i just took the time to write out that whole thing and it's fake, SMDH, we all on the same side here how would that benefit me?
Dharv, where did i edit the info he gave me? I just cut out the shooting the @%+$ part with him first so i was instantly YO TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT YEEZYS EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE BEING ASKED 1000 TIMES A DAY PROBABLY AND ARENT SUPPOSED TO SAY ANYTHING! Ya'll can believe what you want but i don't gain anything by wasting my time to make up that convo. Trying to help folk out and i get put on blast
tired.gif
. I never edited any of his senteces, i said "he made a typo and corrected it later" not me, that was an exact copy and paste minus shooting the !$%+ and the name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom