Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by jhobson5

HOH's will get them. Great now I only have to make a 3 hour drive in hopes of being lucky enough to win a raffle. Living in SC FTL. Still dont understand why Nike completely leaves out certain states from a lot of releases. We have sneaker heads down here

i am close to 3 hours from the nearest store that will sell them as well which is why sometimes you just have to take a step back and look at the big picture.  i cant speak for others but for myself it looks like this:
yeezys-            $270(after tax)

gas-                 $200(roughly)

sustenance-      $25-50 (over what i would spend if at home)

work loss-        $3-400 (estimating 1-2days of work lost)

loss of dignity-  $priceless

raise stress-      $priceless

loss of comfort  $priceless

so adding the first four would bring my minimum COGS to attain one pair(in person) to the $795-920 range roughly.  now factor in the last three and you can see how i will GLADLY wait until after they release and buy a pair from the comfort of my home, same way i did with the first release(which i got all three for under $500 each).  so please stop stressin people, especially if you are a fair distance from the closest store.  if you REALLY LIKE them, then just save a little extra and buy them afterwards, let someone else do all the leg work (for WAY below minimum wage i might add)

Thats all true, except i dont think youll get these for 500 each this time. 
that may be true, but like i said i would be spending close to 1000 regardless so im perfectly fine spending around that amount from the comfort of my home.  plus im only planning on getting one CW to see how much i like the fit, quality, textures, etc., then ill decide if i want the others...

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

i am close to 3 hours from the nearest store that will sell them as well which is why sometimes you just have to take a step back and look at the big picture.  i cant speak for others but for myself it looks like this:
yeezys-            $270(after tax)

gas-                 $200(roughly)

sustenance-      $25-50 (over what i would spend if at home)

work loss-        $3-400 (estimating 1-2days of work lost)

loss of dignity-  $priceless

raise stress-      $priceless

loss of comfort  $priceless

so adding the first four would bring my minimum COGS to attain one pair(in person) to the $795-920 range roughly.  now factor in the last three and you can see how i will GLADLY wait until after they release and buy a pair from the comfort of my home, same way i did with the first release(which i got all three for under $500 each).  so please stop stressin people, especially if you are a fair distance from the closest store.  if you REALLY LIKE them, then just save a little extra and buy them afterwards, let someone else do all the leg work (for WAY below minimum wage i might add)

Thats all true, except i dont think youll get these for 500 each this time. 
that may be true, but like i said i would be spending close to 1000 regardless so im perfectly fine spending around that amount from the comfort of my home.  plus im only planning on getting one CW to see how much i like the fit, quality, textures, etc., then ill decide if i want the others...

Yea your logic is on point though. Personally, its retail to maybe a 100 above retail or nothing. I don't need them, but I def would love to have a pair. Either color too. Id prefer the black cause I mainly wear black, but the gray are just as nice. Unlike the 1s where is of only taken the black if I had the chance.

^^ If thats true
laugh.gif

So I'm guessing its safe to say that all of the HoH will be doing a raffle.. just want some more clarification before I make an update

glad they're implementing the lottery system cause i really do not want to camp for a pair of shoes. I hope ill be able to get these for retail, if not ill probably just sale my royal foams to help pay for the resale price

Glad to hear this. All I want is a fair chance! Being reduced to a raffle doesn't make it all that much better but at least I can stop worrying about what I (PERSONALLY) can do to better my chances. #leavingittochanceforachange!

Every time I hear a shoe store talking about raffling off ticket for a shoe I really can't help but laugh
laugh.gif
. Now don't get me wrong I understand that this is a very limited release but to raffle off a shoe or anything "AND THE WINNER GETS TO PAY FULL PRICE"
roll.gif
roll.gif
sounds hilarious to me. So basically your winning a chance to give Nike $250 plus tax.
indifferent.gif
for a shoe they marked up $35
30t6p3b.gif
That's like me telling you hey I'm having a raffle drawing for a brand new 2012 Lamborghini Aventador
eek.gif
!!! And the winners gets to pay the full price of $376,000!!! 
sick.gif

If they do the raffle idea hopefully they do it like the Penny x Sole collector event.

Helps eliminate the people that will just go after any size.

You get a raffle ticket for the size that you want, put it in the case for that size and they randomly pick out of that case. If you dont get your size you are arsed out.

Originally Posted by Joulze

Every time I hear a shoe store talking about raffling off ticket for a shoe I really can't help but laugh
laugh.gif
. Now don't get me wrong I understand that this is a very limited release but to raffle off a shoe or anything "AND THE WINNER GETS TO PAY FULL PRICE"
roll.gif
roll.gif
sounds hilarious to me. So basically your winning a chance to give Nike $250 plus tax.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That's like me telling you hey I'm having a raffle drawing for a brand new 2012 Lamborghini Aventador
eek.gif
sick.gif
If you win you can probably sell the shoes for a grand sooooooo ya it's more like winning a chance to make 750 bucks.

Originally Posted by Heshua

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
If you win you can probably sell the shoes for a grand sooooooo ya it's more like winning a chance to make 750 bucks.

You probably could get more than that easy considering how the Galaxy Foamposites turned out, but I'm a collector so I don't buy shoes to resell so that holds no merit with me, but to each is his own..

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

How is it so funny?Does this mean you're not going to participate in the raffle (I hope so, better chances for others)Or are you going to still participate and let Nike have its way regardless?

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

How many of you in this thread WILL ACTUALLY WANT A PAIR TO WEAR NOT FLUBBIN RESELL!!!

BE MOTHER LOVIN HONEST PEOPLE!!!
Me but... like it even matters haha

I'm feelin like Nike is gonna do some trickery to try to make this release better and not slanted towards resellers, but in their efforts its gonna end up totally f'ed up and most of us are gonna get hosed

I want a pair of solar reds an I'm not a reseller. I'm willing to spend 750-1000 max.

Hopefully they pick a number and will call the people who get selected. I'm sure some ppl won't be comfortable identifying theirs self as a lucky winner in certain cities, lol.

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

These will go for $2500 easy.

The price will be what we set it at, so saying things like this doesnt help at all, just gives resellers ideas.

Originally Posted by reidwms

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

These will go for $2500 easy.

The price will be what we set it at, so saying things like this doesnt help at all, just gives resellers ideas.
It's no secret. Nothing will stop the insane prices. I personally think $2500 is a low estimation, More like 3k minimum. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom