Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want these so badly that I'm afraid I'm gonna go way over my limit.

I just can't justify jumping through ridiculous amounts of hoops and/or paying close to a month's rent for shoes.

The hype has already done the damage - people are gonna put these on eBay starting at $1000+. Whether it falls or not remains to be seen, but whoever gets their hands on these will be highballing like crazy.

Please Nike, surprise me and make it at least a LITTLE easier.

Originally Posted by somethings fishy

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Originally Posted by mfghilario

Good info. I wonder what the guys who argued these would be more available are thinking now 
eyes.gif

Trust..these will be more widely available...don't let some sneaker store in Aussie suck you into the Matrix....

1st ask your self..how is it possible that one store knows another stores stock allotment?? Nike reps generally don't give out that info...

2nd the store is doing a "purchase" raffle meaning you have to purchase an item to "qualify" for a ticket...it's not like ALL who show up get a ticket..The point is there is incentive to drive people into the store to be one of 60 or 30 or whatever they said was the allotment..

3rd Boutiques are DYING for this release...it's money time...there is always gonna be hype that comes from Boutiques...Again they gotta keep the lights on ALL year not just when hot shoes release...dudes don't but *$+% all year round...but let a Yeezy or Galaxy drop and they are in the spot everyday trying to make friends....Talking about hook me up...or yo can you hold a pair...*$%!$ please..where were you when we could give them Nike Air Jr's AWAY...When JB was shoving Fusions down our throat..or Nike Sportswear was forcing us to carry 15 different colors of Dunks that they just released two years ago and then did some wack *$+% like send them to there factory stores for $29.99 just to really cut our throats...want a pair..buy a $100 dollar raffle and if you win you can buy a pair for $400....

4th Nike is not going to allow the madness that happened with the AllStars happen again...from ANY STOCKISTA...not even FTL Corp gets a pass this time...

Just be patient until US release info drops...I'm not saying this will be an automatic walk into the store at 11am and there is still a FSR available...I mean damn these kids went ham on sum wack %%+ clown colorway of Jordan 4's so they pretty much proved that they will cop ANYTHING these days to try and flip....

The only saving grace that we all have is the Lebron Elites are actually proving that $250 is a make or break price point...the Taxi are still very much sitting still in my area...at $250 and also FTL non return policy...it's not worth the risk unless you either have someone lined up for them or they are for you to rock....Yeezy's might be an exception just cause we all know resale will be high...but $250 or $315 (I can't remember what retail will be on these) just might weed out some of the people...raffles might slow down the rest...if you only let people cop there size in the raffle should make them at least obtainable....

Plus...no way in hell NIKE is only sending 60 pairs to entire continent...that would be crazy...if I had boutique and a FSR them @!#@!## would be on eBay Australia with the quickness at a price of no less then $2000 a pair...that's a quick $24g come up...how you gonna fight that???

Good luck kids...should be interesting...
There is three stores getting these, Laced in Brisbane, Espionage in Sydney and Sure Store in Melbourne, I'm from Australia, and i have contacted each store, one said 18 pairs and the other 2 said under 20 pairs, where does it say that it is a purchase raffle??? There is a limit of 70 tickets, they are being HANDED out on the day, final point...If you were a boutique, and threw your allotment up on eBay for $2000, I am pretty sure that your Nike account would be finished....and most likely your boutique 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And you believe them????

Let's ask a stupid question...if you called a shop...what's the incentive to to give you the correct stock amount??? %#%%...I know DM's MGR's etc and generally without looking at the manifest..they don't even know exact stock orders...

Besides that read the post again...it states that even raffle tickets will be limited to a total of 70...so another stupid question...how do you limit a raffle ticket but not want lineups?????? Simple...you have to purchase something or do something to obtain a raffle ticket...makes sense to me...

In terms of what VENDORS do with there stock...once they purchase it...they can burn that %#%% in front of the store if they want...Your telling me Nike got sooooo pissed at Leaders for charging $500 plus for Yeezy 1's (along with 100's of other vendors that charged WELL in excess of retail) that they did what....sent Ty MORE samples????

Again...my experience with Aussie stock runs is limited...I find it hard to believe that an entire COUNTRY only gets 30 pairs...if I can get my hands on some Yeezys them %$*$$+! are going straight to EBay Australia and EBay Craigslist (if there is such a thing).....

anyone watching 106&park, terrence is rocking them yeezys 2, i believe.

i want a pair so badly

Originally Posted by Franky 9

the fact that people are even offering $1000 pre orders to reduce the hassle is super concerning
i would def do a preorder for $1000.  My size is hard to come by...If i am able to cop for retail..i know i can always sell and make the money back.
 If foams did +$1000 out the gat the yeezys def gonna be a higher mark up.   The hype for these are crazy.
I already got 2 stack set a aside..for the solar reds hope i can copp both for that..

Originally Posted by somethings fishy

And you believe them????

Let's ask a stupid question...if you called a shop...what's the incentive to to give you the correct stock amount??? %#%%...I know DM's MGR's etc and generally without looking at the manifest..they don't even know exact stock orders...

Besides that read the post again...it states that even raffle tickets will be limited to a total of 70...so another stupid question...how do you limit a raffle ticket but not want lineups?????? Simple...you have to purchase something or do something to obtain a raffle ticket...makes sense to me...

In terms of what VENDORS do with there stock...once they purchase it...they can burn that %#%% in front of the store if they want...Your telling me Nike got sooooo pissed at Leaders for charging $500 plus for Yeezy 1's (along with 100's of other vendors that charged WELL in excess of retail) that they did what....sent Ty MORE samples????

Again...my experience with Aussie stock runs is limited...I find it hard to believe that an entire COUNTRY only gets 30 pairs...if I can get my hands on some Yeezys them %$*$$+! are going straight to EBay Australia and EBay Craigslist (if there is such a thing).....
MAJOR in DC auctioned off their stock of the Yeezy 1's... I believe that they went from $500-$900 but not sure if I'm remembering correctly since I didn't purchase from them... 
I went through a WHOLE BUNCH of BS with Shop Gentei (Baltimore) with the 1'st Yeezy's and I used to spend A LOT of money there. 

I'll stick to purchasing sneakers from retailers charging MSRP and doing good business. 

If you're a retailer and want to use the whole; "We need to take advantage of these releases to keep our lights on" argument, to me that is BS. But if true then maybe you ventured into the wrong business. I stopped taking my money to MAJOR and Gentei. PERIOD. 

I know they didn't depend on my money to stay open but every little bit helps.  You have to cater to your customers ALL year around and practice good business. It all comes back full circle...

GENTEI went out of business 
grin.gif

MAJOR's Building collapsed, still using a "Pop-up" shop.... 
grin.gif

I like to think of this as Karma, if its just coincidence, so be it...

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Its crazy that this shoe is worth $1000+ to people..

No not really but thats the game if you want a shoe...i had to pay over $1000 just for my first yeezy. and $800 for my second pair so...it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Its crazy that this shoe is worth $1000+ to people..

I hear you. Especially considering the type of premium leather/material shoes you could buy with that lol. But, on the other side I guess I understand how people just want to be a part of the experience. I guess.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by Franky 9

the fact that people are even offering $1000 pre orders to reduce the hassle is super concerning
i would def do a preorder for $1000.  My size is hard to come by...If i am able to cop for retail..i know i can always sell and make the money back.
 If foams did +$1000 out the gat the yeezys def gonna be a higher mark up.   The hype for these are crazy.
I already got 2 stack set a aside..for the solar reds hope i can copp both for that..
5a3.jpg

I would buy much better things with that much money. Can't believe people are will to drop that kind of coin on a Nike.

cant put air mags in the same class as just another nike. not only was it for charity, but it's an iconic piece of hollywood memorabilia.

Originally Posted by higuy

cant put air mags in the same class as just another nike. not only was it for charity, but it's an iconic piece of hollywood memorabilia.

i never meant to put it in the same class but your saying how nike can make money off shoes.  The air mag is probably nike's most wanted shoe....they went for real money.
The yeezy follow suit right after ...so spend $1000 on these is nothing compared to the air mag.

besides the pigeons....the yeezy are the only shoe that really broke the mold for resale prices and campouts.  The resale may not have been craze at first but look how much they go for NOW...

you cant tell me the yeezy aren't 1 of the most coveted shoe....these would have surpassed a galaxy release, and nike knows that.  That's why they're going through extreme lengths to make sure this doesn't turn out like orlando.

Everyone that is saying 1k for a pair of shoes
sick.gif
, there are plenty of people that will spend that 1k with quickness if that means getting a pair of yeezy 2s without any hassle or camping out

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Military IVs would be a consolation to people who miss out on Yeezys. If anybody really wants Military IVs & they do drop the same day they'll probably be pretty easy to get.

Far from consolation prize man its like going to get Grade A buffalo meat and they sell out and all your left with is grade C taco bell meat 
Military IVs aren't my cup of tea but I was under the impression that a lot of people liked them. Besides I'm talking about people copping to resell mainly not to wear. If you're not a reseller & actually wanted to keep your Yeezys then no it definitely wouldn't be a consolation, lol.

well, don't forget paris dunks... they fetch between $3k - $4k regularly apparently...

i want them, i think they're fly, but i can't see myself ever paying that much (plus i never see a size 13 or 12 for sale)...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

well, don't forget paris dunks... they fetch between $3k - $4k regularly apparently...

i want them, i think they're fly, but i can't see myself ever paying that much (plus i never see a size 13 or 12 for sale)...

the thing with dunks, they dont appeal to the masses so i really don't count them.  Of course nike has a few pairs that go for high prices...but as far as memorable shoe yeezy holds a trump card.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom