Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm contemplating buying my guys 9.5, but he's asking $1300...Known this kid since 3rd grade.. and he won't hook it up with a love price... 
mean.gif

I expected that tho.

Offered him $800 plus a swoosh account. He said no 
tired.gif

People who say the prices won't fall are those who've paid the stupid re-seller price for them or are trying to sell them extremely high. In case you don't know, Yeezys are pre-dominantly a "hyped" product so the few who genuinely want these for the "right reasons" more or less have them already. As the hype fade and as people who will be content with a replica lower the demand, the product will naturally fall in price. It probably won't be low (like $1.5k) but they'll slowly plateau out over time. Almost any product in the world works that way and a pair of shoes are not different.

Tweeted by ModNot as 3rd colorway... Knowing ModNot and their thirst for exposure, this might be a custom or something unofficial...

People who say the prices won't fall are those who've paid the stupid re-seller price for them or are trying to sell them extremely high. In case you don't know, Yeezys are pre-dominantly a "hyped" product so the few who genuinely want these for the "right reasons" more or less have them already. As the hype fade and as people who will be content with a replica lower the demand, the product will naturally fall in price. It probably won't be low (like $1.5k) but they'll slowly plateau out over time. Almost any product in the world works that way and a pair of shoes are not different.

I see what you're saying but I'll give you a Relevant example so you can see how your theory might be flawed in regards to these...

Just look at the price fluctuations of the Air Yeezy 1...

Just look at when they peaked and then look at where they are now...

I see what you're saying but I'll give you a Relevant example so you can see how your theory might be flawed in regards to these...
Just look at the price fluctuations of the Air Yeezy 1...
Just look at when they peaked and then look at where they are now...
Yea def but that is in line with the new "sneakerboom" since Dec 2011 (when the Concords are out) coninciding with the Yeezy 2 release in June or whenever. Their price hasn't peaked, sellers just smartened up and decided to sell them at a higher price.

I DON'T BELIEVE THE PRICES OF THE YEEZY 2'S WILL COME DOWN BECAUSE OF FAKES BUT NINJA IS RIGHT IN REGARDS TO THE RAY 13'S. THE FAKES/EARLY B-GRADE PAIRS THAT AIR RANDY, MARQUEE, SDS, VMV, PROMO WERE SELLING DESTROYED THE RESALE VALUE ON THAT SHOE. IN FACT, I WOULD NEVER ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE THE RAY 13'S JUST FOR THE SIMPLE FACT OF ALL THE A+ FAKES. ESSENTIALLY, THAT SHOE IS WORTH $0 TO ME.

This is what separates someone who buys for the love of the shoe and those who do it for status/investment/bragging rights, fam if you like the shoe it shouldn't matter how saturated the market is or it's resell value.....I got my hands on a pair of legit Solars day after release, but I'm actually considering getting a pair of those A+ fake plats a few pages back....as long as I'm not paying over 150$ :lol:

Not taking shots at you or anything like that bruh.

YOU ARE MIS-INTERPRETTING MY POST. EVERYONE KNOWS I LOVE SNEAKERS AND I PASS ON TONS OF HYPED SHOES BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM. THE SHOE IS WORTH $0 TO ME BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL THE REAL FROM THE FAKES AND I'M NOT GAMBLING ON BUYING A FAKE PAIR OF RAY 13'S SO THAT WHOLE SHOE IS JUST DEAD TO ME. I WAS JUST MAKING A POINT. I DON'T EVEN LIKE THE RAY 13'S :lol:

I HAVE A LEGIT PAIR OF PLATS AND WAS CONTEMPLATING BUYING SOLARS BUT NOW I'LL PROBABLY JUST PASS AND BE GOOD WITH WHAT I HAVE. IT ISN'T WORTH IT TO PAY THAT MUCH AND END UP WITH FAKES.

IF YOU WANT TO COP THOSE A+ FAKE PLATS, THEN BE MY GUEST. I'M NOT JUDGING BUT IT ISN'T SOMETHING I WOULD PARTAKE IN. IN ONLY IRKS ME WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO PASS FAKE STUFF OFF AS LEGIT.

I paid essentially nothing for my 1st pair of Solars and then retail for my 2nd. Traded the 2nd pair for Platinums along with a substantial amount of cash. Now in the process of getting another pair of Solars to keep DS so I wish prices would drop. However, getting them at the expense of 2 GMPs seems currently favorable for me...

In case you didn't know, the hyped-up shoe is now less and less frequently seen in listings because supply is even more limited. As I already mentioned in another one of these tiffs where people argue of who has them and who doesn't, the majority of people who bought them to resell have most likely already sold them. I'd venture into the realm that these are now more or less in the hands of people who don't need quick cash or funds so don't expect a liquidation sale of Yeezys anytime soon if ever. No matter how you cut it, supply still doesn't meet the demand. Will it decline with these 1:1s? Yes, but that's more so at the hands of the average consumer. You ever been to a collector's auction? One man's trash is another's treasure. Regardless, will these replicas be enough to drive down prices? No and if so, very minimally. As long as Kanye is still active(and possibly inactive), there will be a market for these shoes. People came out of the woodwork for these shoes and a sizable amount just wanted them for his association. Yes, it's just a pair of shoes, but it's also considered memorabilia...

Your last sentence already tells me you don't know much about business or just have a generalized view of it. Either that or you're confusing the word "product" with "gimmick"...

Last edited:
The theory holds no weight regardless what it's compared to retail or resale. Even if Nike sold those Yeezy 2's for $2000 on NDC they would have sold just as fast as they did on Ebay.
If anything it's the exact opposite. Rolex watches don't appear to be losing any of their luster with all of the fakes floating around the internet. You can't apply the supply and demand theory by adding fakes into the pot of authentics and think that will drive the prices down. It just doesn't work that way my dude.

Once again, you're comparing two things that cannot be compared..

You're going to compare two retail luxury items to a pair of nike sneakers?
You're really going to compare a $25k rolex to a $250 pair of shoes?

And the Yeezy 2 would not have sold out that fast at that retail price. The ******g Air Mags didn't even sell out that fast at that price. C'mon son...

And Rolexes don't lose luster because they are JEWELRY fam... Solid gold watches aren't going to take a hit from fakes made of gold plated stainless steel.
You know how much GOLD is worth? You know how much more of a luxury brand ROLEX is than Nike? People sell Rolexes at a high price because they pay a high price.

The comparison doesn't add up.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over the matter because I also don't believe the shoes will go that LOW in price.
But to sit here and compare retail value vs resale value and a pair of Nike shoes vs a ROLEX is crazy.

If the shoes were worth that much, they would have retailed for that much.
Rolexes and LV products are sold for that price because they are luxury brands and rolexes especially are worth that price. So they are resold at prices in that range, also they don't lose any "luster" because of the genuine materials used (ie. gold, diamonds, platinum, etc.)

Last edited:
if the replicas drive down the price at all, it won't be by much. again, ninja trying to imply $400 is nothing but a pipe dream. there's still plenty of a market of people who want the real thing.

stuff does fall in price, but it also climbs back up usually as there becomes less and less available (which is already starting to become the case for these, and certainly for yeezy 1's)...

I might be looking into this too much, but I think we will see that Yeezy 2 cw that 731balla posted debuted at the VMA Awards this Thursday.

It hasn't been confirmed if Ye will perform or not, but with the promo he's done for the show, and Cruel Summer right around the corner, I'm almost positive he will perform.

Also, the AirMag Twitter page tweeted today saying "2 more days..." (which is when the VMA's is going down) If my memory serves me correct, the AirMag Twitter page was pretty involved with revealing things related to the initial launch of the AY2.

Again, this is just pure speculation and I'm probably wrong, but I guess time will tell.

I might be looking into this too much, but I think we will see that Yeezy 2 cw that 731balla posted debuted at the VMA Awards this Thursday.
It hasn't been confirmed if Ye will perform or not, but with the promo he's done for the show, and Cruel Summer right around the corner, I'm almost positive he will perform.
Also, the AirMag Twitter page tweeted today saying "2 more days..." (which is when the VMA's is going down) If my memory serves me correct, the AirMag Twitter page was pretty involved with revealing things related to the initial launch of the AY2.
Again, this is just pure speculation and I'm probably wrong, but I guess time will tell.
What CW is that? I dunno, maybe, but the G.O.O.D. Music performance at Made in America over the weekend was a pretty big deal and would have been a good showcase for a new CW but they all just wore Y2's... But, you may be right. That Air Mag Twitter does seem to be on the ball...

Idk, I don't remember Air mag ever bring in new info that wasn't already know.

Once again, you're comparing two things that cannot be compared..
You're going to compare two retail luxury items to a pair of nike sneakers?
You're really going to compare a $25k rolex to a $250 pair of shoes?
And the Yeezy 2 would not have sold out that fast at that retail price. The ******g Air Mags didn't even sell out that fast at that price. C'mon son...
And Rolexes don't lose luster because they are JEWELRY fam... Solid gold watches aren't going to take a hit from fakes made of gold plated stainless steel.
You know how much GOLD is worth? You know how much more of a luxury brand ROLEX is than Nike? People sell Rolexes at a high price because they pay a high price.
The comparison doesn't add up.
I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over the matter because I also don't believe the shoes will go that LOW in price.
But to sit here and compare retail value vs resale value and a pair of Nike shoes vs a ROLEX is crazy.
If the shoes were worth that much, they would have retailed for that much.
Rolexes and LV products are sold for that price because they are luxury brands and rolexes especially are worth that price. So they are resold at prices in that range, also they don't lose any "luster" because of the genuine materials used (ie. gold, diamonds, platinum, etc.)

i think you took my examples to the highest extreme buy attaching gold, diamonds and platinum to them. Those types of Rolex's are precisely the ones that are NOT going to be counterfeited or sell well because there are viable ways to test and see if they're real and fake. Your average Rolex is made of stainless steel and runs on an average of 6-8K.

In any case I can totally agree with fakes affecting consumer confidence, but I am sure Nike as a brand is probably one of the most counterfeited brands in the world. As long as the consumer has a trust worthy establishment to purchase their goods where they can prove they are getting the real deal, then I don't see any of this as an issue.

I don't agree with your statement as to why they don't lose any luster. IMO they don't lose any luster because people want the REAL deal and there's more than enough ways to prove which one is real and which one is fake. Brands remain strong because people want to own something from that brand whether its leather, canvas, suede, gold, diamonds, paper, plastic or platinum. As long as it has the brand name on it and it's REAL.

It's all good you made some very good points..that can't be denied as well.
The worth and value of an item is determined by the buyer.
I'm pretty sure most people don't think that spending 5K on any watch is worth it or even 1.5K on a pair of kicks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom