Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by hozer

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

I support the game as much as I can, but I draw the line at %1000 markups.  The only difference between my $62 pair and the $1500 pairs is one is 'real'...

so draw the line then, but don't stoop to buying fakes...

and there's more difference, those aren't even air randy type fakes, they'll prolly fall apart and all kinds of stuff. 
roll.gif

Very true.  And they probably will, such is the nature of a $60 shoe.  And these are absolutley not in my 'collection', merley something for my feet to admire.   
YOU DO KNOW THAT PROFITS FROM FAKES SUPPORTS ORGANIZED CRIME RIGHT?

NOT SAYING THAT THERE AREN'T SOME LEGITIMATE PRODUCTS OUT THERE THAT MAY DO THE SAME BUT IT'S PRETTY WELL DOCUMENTED AND KNOWN WITH FAKES.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

and there's more difference, those aren't even air randy type fakes, they'll prolly fall apart and all kinds of stuff. 
roll.gif

Very true.  And they probably will, such is the nature of a $60 shoe.  And these are absolutley not in my 'collection', merley something for my feet to admire.   

NOT SAYING THAT THERE AREN'T SOME LEGITIMATE PRODUCTS OUT THERE THAT MAY DO THE SAME BUT IT'S PRETTY WELL DOCUMENTED AND KNOWN WITH FAKES.

No I was not aware of this.  I'll PM you for some details... Would not knowingly support this.

I don't have any replicas in my collection.

With that said, I do what I can to get the authentic sneakers in my hands. I don't let the dollar amount keep me from getting it, especially if I've attempted every other way possible, without resorting to eBay/Reseller prices. If you have a replica of a sneaker and wear it, that's on you. It doesn't take away from the quality of the real sneaker, or it's value, so it doesn't bother me.

I think people care too much about what others have on their feet. And that goes both ways. I see a guy with fakes on? I don't even blink. Just how the consumer market is.

No I was not aware of this.  I'll PM you for some details... Would not knowingly support this.

HERE IS A LINK TO A PROGRAM I WATCHED BY CNBC. I BELIEVE THEY ALSO HAVE A STORY YOU CAN READ ON THE PROGRAM IF YOU WOULD RATHER SKIP THE WATCH.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37824347/
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1569041504&play=1

FOOTWEAR IS ALSO THE NUMBER #1 COUNTERFEITED GOOD IN THE WORLD:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43269491

I JUST CAN'T SUPPORT MY MONEY BEING USED TO KILL, EXPLOIT OR ENSLAVE PEOPLE. NIKE THEMSELVES ARE ALREADY BODERLINE WITH THEIR FACTORY PRACTICES.

HERE IS A LINK TO A PROGRAM I WATCHED BY CNBC. I BELIEVE THEY ALSO HAVE A STORY YOU CAN READ ON THE PROGRAM IF YOU WOULD RATHER SKIP THE WATCH.

I JUST CAN'T SUPPORT MY MONEY BEING USED TO KILL, EXPLOIT OR ENSLAVE PEOPLE. NIKE THEMSELVES ARE ALREADY BODERLINE WITH THEIR FACTORY PRACTICES.

Wow, crazy I had no idea.  I eat all my previous words I said before.  Can't be doing this, some pretty serious stuff in here.  Thanks Memphis

/ReturnToDiscussionsAboutYeezys

I dont get why ppl pretend to care about the factory conditions.  No American would work in one of those factories, yet they will buy anything that is produced there, as long as its cheap.  The world is all about exploiting the less fortunate.  Ppl pretending like they care, but when the shoe prices go up, everyone starts crying about prices hikes, even though the price hikes prolly was due to the increase in labor cost all across China.

Anyway, I am no saint,  I just dont pretend i am doing something holy just because i am buying real shoes at $1000 over retail.....god knows that $1000 prolly couldve put food on the table for some Chinese worker for 3 months, where as some reseller would just use the $1000 to buy more shoes to make more money.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eddo1005

I dont get why ppl pretend to care about the factory conditions.  No American would work in one of those factories, yet they will buy anything that is produced there, as long as its cheap.  The world is all about exploiting the less fortunate.  Ppl pretending like they care, but when the shoe prices go up, everyone starts crying about prices hikes, even though the price hikes prolly was due to the increase in labor cost all across China.

Anyway, I am no saint,  I just dont pretend i am doing something holy just because i am buying real shoes at $1000 over retail.....god knows that $1000 prolly couldve put food on the table for some Chinese worker for 3 months, where as some reseller would just use the $1000 to buy more shoes to make more money.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FAKES SUPPORTING ORGANIZED CRIME OR FACTORY WORKING CONDITIONS? I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED. THE FORMER IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

I ADMIT THAT I AM NOT A SAINT. WILL FACTORY CONDITIONS CAUSE ME NOT BUY A PAIR OF SHOES? PROBABLY NOT. BUT MY MONEY SUPPORTING CRIME WILL STOP ME DEAD IN MY TRACKS FROM MAKING A PURCHASE.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FAKES SUPPORTING ORGANIZED CRIME OR FACTORY WORKING CONDITIONS? I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED. THE FORMER IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

I ADMIT THAT I AM NOT A SAINT. WILL FACTORY CONDITIONS CAUSE ME NOT BUY A PAIR OF SHOES? PROBABLY NOT. BUT MY MONEY SUPPORTING CRIME WILL STOP ME DEAD IN MY TRACKS FROM MAKING A PURCHASE.

I wasnt trying to single anyone out.  I just think in a way buying real shoes is just legalized crime vs buying fakes is "maybe" supporting crime.  Maybe CNN is right, maybe not.

DON'T SEE WHAT THEY BIG DEAL IS ABOUT PAYING THE RESELLER PRICE WHEN NIKE THEMSELVES ARE RESELLERS.

YEEZY'S PROBABLY COST THEM LESS THAN $20 TO MAKE BUT THEY MSRP AT $245. NOBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT MARKUP. GUESS IT'S WITHIN THEIR BUDGET.

PEOPLE ONLY COMPLAIN WHEN IT'S OUTSIDE OF THEIR BUDGET....

quote of the day
laugh.gif

can u provide proof for ur statement above? how in the hell nike produce a shoe less than $20 budget
sick.gif
if u can produce pair of shoes less than $20 then start a company then make it and use your name for the brand and hopefully u can compete with nike
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ all these so-called "shoe elitist" in here, who are really nerds who have no power in real life other than their "sacred" shoe collection that nobody outside of the people on NT care about....Trying to pass judgement on a person who doesn't want to spend $1000+ on some kicks...You think kats really care about your opinion just because you were dumb enough to buy into the hype and pay an outrageous amount for some kicks just so you can brag about them on NT?  You kats are hilarious.  I own the solar red Yeezy 2s, that i got got retail, and to me, it's just another shoe in my stash, I actually like my HOH Pippen Draft Days better, I can't believe, just based off our culture of celebrity worship that kats would break their neck and spend so much money on shoe that is "ok" to me, I'm glad I got them, but I wasn't sweating it like that, and if I didn't get them for retail, no dice.  But I will not down another person who really liked the design of the shoe or whatever for buying replica/fake if that's what affordable...

Who cares?  I've worn mine a number of times and no one has ever stopped me and worshipped my shoes except for the creepy employee in Footlocker HOH...it's just a shoe, that in no way shape or form is worth more than the box price...it's not a piece of art, it's not historic, it's a shoe...get over yourselves weirdos and worry about your self instead of trying to admonish others....

DON'T SEE WHAT THEY BIG DEAL IS ABOUT PAYING THE RESELLER PRICE WHEN NIKE THEMSELVES ARE RESELLERS.

YEEZY'S PROBABLY COST THEM LESS THAN $20 TO MAKE BUT THEY MSRP AT $245. NOBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT MARKUP. GUESS IT'S WITHIN THEIR BUDGET.

^^^
That's got to be the dumbest thing i've read in this thread, and that's saying alot...

roll.gif

^^^This guy needs to go to bed...no matter what time of day it is where you are, take a nap and try again..you sound ridiculous...

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I wasnt trying to single anyone out.  I just think in a way buying real shoes is just legalized crime vs buying fakes is "maybe" supporting crime.  Maybe CNN is right, maybe not.

His argument makes no sense when you look at the "haves and have nots" in our society...I can easily debunk that and make a counterargument about supporting "big business" and where that money flows...and I can show you proof that Nike sells some of the same materials that they use to make your precious Yeezys to other manufacturing locations that produce these fakes that you hate so much....

Originally Posted by gtg305h

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ all these so-called "shoe elitist" in here, who are really nerds who have no power in real life other than their "sacred" shoe collection that nobody outside of the people on NT care about....Trying to pass judgement on a person who doesn't want to spend $1000+ on some kicks...You think kats really care about your opinion just because you were dumb enough to buy into the hype and pay an outrageous amount for some kicks just so you can brag about them on NT?  You kats are hilarious.  I own the solar red Yeezy 2s, that i got got retail, and to me, it's just another shoe in my stash, I actually like my HOH Pippen Draft Days better, I can't believe, just based off our culture of celebrity worship that kats would break their neck and spend so much money on shoe that is "ok" to me, I'm glad I got them, but I wasn't sweating it like that, and if I didn't get them for retail, no dice.  But I will not down another person who really liked the design of the shoe or whatever for buying replica/fake if that's what affordable...

Who cares?  I've worn mine a number of times and no one has ever stopped me and worshipped my shoes except for the creepy employee in Footlocker HOH...it's just a shoe, that in no way shape or form is worth more than the box price...it's not a piece of art, it's not historic, it's a shoe...get over yourselves weirdos and worry about your self instead of trying to admonish others....
Low post, might be a Newb, but this is REAL TALK.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SINCE YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM MUCH, SELL THEM FOR RETAIL TO ANOTHER CAT WHO WOULD APPRECIATE THEM A LOT MORE AND MISSED OUT.

NO? DIDN'T THINK SO.

MANY LOLZ PROVIDED IN THIS THREAD BY MANY MEMBERS IN HERE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I ENJOY THE ATTENTION.

His argument makes no sense when you look at the "haves and have nots" in our society...I can easily debunk that and make a counterargument about supporting "big business" and where that money flows...and I can show you proof that Nike sells some of the same materials that they use to make your precious Yeezys to other manufacturing locations that produce these fakes that you hate so much....
PLEASE DO.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tumblr_ltycxves8x1qdka7e.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SINCE YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM MUCH, SELL THEM FOR RETAIL TO ANOTHER CAT WHO WOULD APPRECIATE THEM A LOT MORE AND MISSED OUT. 

NO? DIDN'T THINK SO. 

MANY LOLZ PROVIDED IN THIS THREAD BY MANY MEMBERS IN HERE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I ENJOY THE ATTENTION. 

I see what you are saying, there. No one in this thread would sell their sneakers to another person for suggested retail. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bro, no one here is passing judgement on anyone that DOESN'T want to spend whatever amount the market has set for Yeezys. The fact is that this thread has really started to spiral downward, just as the original one. You have posters coming in and doing the exact opposite of what you just said: "y'all dumb for spending $1k+...y'all hype beasts for spending $1k+...y'all buying into the hype...yada yada yada". If I choose to buy a shoe for whatever price, then it's worth it to me. If I had a viable alternative, trust me, I'd pay the box price. Unfortunately, that's not an option. Sucks when you have to pay an arm and a leg to get what you want, but the hunt is still fun. I can admit that still trying to find something that I want that happens to be 'limited' is STILL FUN. That's almost a forbidden sentiment around here. None of us want to play the unnecessary games with resellers or people who really aren't into the sneaker culture, but I love kicks for ME and ME ONLY. And if once in a blue moon I have to bite the bullet to get what I want, I'll make the decision accordingly. It's a no win situation: buy what you want? Hypebeast. Strike out and pay resell? Hypebeast. As long as something is popular, and you buy that item, people ASSUME you're following the herd, sneering at 'lesser' people. Folks need to chill with the assumptions and name calling.

Originally Posted by winzz

quote of the day
laugh.gif

can u provide proof for ur statement above? how in the hell nike produce a shoe less than $20 budget
sick.gif
if u can produce pair of shoes less than $20 then start a company then make it and use your name for the brand and hopefully u can compete with nike
roll.gif

and thats the whole point. what do you think happens when people are complaining about rent, property taxes, taxes in general, prices of subscription services ALL GO UP? yea of course they complain and this is a forum right? 245 is one thing, 1500 is totally another. we are paying a hell of a lot of money compared to the older days just for MSRP. NOW we have to put up with bogus resell prices if we really want the shoe

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ty

Originally Posted by sdiori

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bro, no one here is passing judgement on anyone that DOESN'T want to spend whatever amount the market has set for Yeezys. The fact is that this thread has really started to spiral downward, just as the original one. You have posters coming in and doing the exact opposite of what you just said: "y'all dumb for spending $1k+...y'all hype beasts for spending $1k+...y'all buying into the hype...yada yada yada". If I choose to buy a shoe for whatever price, then it's worth it to me. If I had a viable alternative, trust me, I'd pay the box price. Unfortunately, that's not an option. Sucks when you have to pay an arm and a leg to get what you want, but the hunt is still fun. I can admit that still trying to find something that I want that happens to be 'limited' is STILL FUN. That's almost a forbidden sentiment around here. None of us want to play the unnecessary games with resellers or people who really aren't into the sneaker culture, but I love kicks for ME and ME ONLY. And if once in a blue moon I have to bite the bullet to get what I want, I'll make the decision accordingly. It's a no win situation: buy what you want? Hypebeast. Strike out and pay resell? Hypebeast. As long as something is popular, and you buy that item, people ASSUME you're following the herd, sneering at 'lesser' people. Folks need to chill with the assumptions and name calling.

yes, yes and yes...

who know what nike really does with their money. for all we know they probably doing something illegal and shady as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom