Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Having shoes in school was definitely a game of one-upping people. This was the best school year too because it was 95-96 when the Bulls were going thru their 72 win season and the Magic won 64 games.

A few of my friends started school with the Air Max CW that year, I started with the Shadow 10s.

Then I hit them with the Concord 11s.

They then struck back with the Pennys 1s.

I countered with the Uptempo 95 in the beginning of 1996 and later on black-red 11s around April-ish.

Was nice being RICH ehh!?

Who else had to “settle” for the Air Way Up back in 95, because the Penny’s were sold out everywhere?

Personally, I preferred the Penny 1 Orlando over the Concords when they dropped. Missed out on the 1’s, but the subsequent releases became my Christmas shoe in my adolescence.

Never owned the Orlando colorway of the 1’s, but I copped these in like 2000. Been using them for yard work, but they’re definitely starting to crumble.

Hopefully I can get these at retail.

FE47D158-4EB6-4EC5-8B08-8EA10DAB23B7.jpeg
FA999889-FD91-42F4-A694-ECC99C7AFEB2.jpeg

I had both but looking back I regret the Air Way Up purchase. Didn't get the retro.
I hope Nike sneaks the All-star release this holiday.

That cw is actually pretty nice. Would prefer the soles not be that yellow tint, but I guess it could be looked at as a "feature" since they'd turn that color in a few years anyways.

Who else had to “settle” for the Air Way Up back in 95, because the Penny’s were sold out everywhere?

My parents weren't coppin pennys for me in 95, so I had to settle for some reeboks.
But my first pair of Penny's were the one in the pic. I got them for high school and DESTROYED them the same way lol

Personally, I preferred the Penny 1 Orlando over the Concords when they dropped. Missed out on the 1’s, but the subsequent releases became my Christmas shoe in my adolescence.

Never owned the Orlando colorway of the 1’s, but I copped these in like 2000. Been using them for yard work, but they’re definitely starting to crumble.

I remember getting the all black Air Up Highs with the strap because the black/white/blue mid pair was sold out. I tried so hard to tell myself the pair I had was just as nice! I even ended up cutting the strap off.

Makes me think of the days I used to see dudes wearin the Air Much Uptempo vs Air More Uptempo. Hopefully we can all cop at retail!

1657223757254.jpeg

1657223870997.png

so i bought the GS size for my wife from footlocker and it was shipped FedEx (I actually had to contact footlocker for tracking info SMH). Turns out the tracking says it was delivered this morning at 9:35AM, but guess what.... no package. I've had no deliveries of any sort today.

I opened a case with Footlocker and FedEx and see what happens.

edit: i've never had a problem with FedEx before, hopefully the driver just marked it delivered and will actually drop it off later.....?

Last edited:
so i bought the GS size for my wife from footlocker and it was shipped FedEx (I actually had to contact footlocker for tracking info SMH). Turns out the tracking says it was delivered this morning at 9:35AM, but guess what.... no package. I've had no deliveries of any sort today.

edit: i've never had a problem with FedEx before, hopefully the driver just marked it delivered and will actually drop it off later.....?
I’ve had this happen and the company said they’d been having issues with the shipping company saying it was delivered much quicker than expected and it actually came a couple of days later. I was worried the whole time until they came.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had this happen to me with other items I've had shipped with FedEx. Sometimes, they'll mark it delivered, but it won't actually come until the next day. Hopefully, it will be there tomorrow.

Happened to me with the SVD ASICS I ordered. It was UPS though. I had it shipped to my parents which is an address of 4th avenue and it said it was delivered at like 1030am to the same address but it was a 4th street (which would be in the city about 20 miles outside my parents.). Filed case with UPS and it got delivered to my parents the next day. Weird .

UPDATE: Sooooo..... what had happened was... LOL

Okay, turns out that it WAS delivered. My wife gave it to my son who put it in his sister's room but didn't say nothin to nobody. We were having lunch when I randomly vented about what happened and my wife was like... package? Son, what did you do with the package I gave you? He explained and now all is well.... :emoji_grimacing:

It's weird that my Ring didn't go off when FedEx delivered though....

oh man talk about a blast from the past!

the all black leather penny 1 retro plus!

one of my best outlet pick ups back in the day. phoenix suns penny 4 is up there too.

Back
Top Bottom