Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Aside from CW and theme, that's really how a Penny 1 is supposed to be built.

Last edited:
I am a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan and a huge Penny Hardaway fan so the 49ers logo is bittersweet for me. But I really respect and appreciate the creativity on the shoe from someone so young and these are a must for me for the model and the cause.

I agree that it's not cool to hate on a design by a terminally ill child. With that being said I think it's everyone's responsibility not to hate on any other sneaker because they wereade in a sweat shop in China under ridiculous conditions that are sick as well.

Last edited:
I really like the design of the Penny Is the kid did a great job!

I can understand that not everybody is a 49ers fan and that it leads to a lot of dicsussions, but just for the cause and respecting the kid, it should not be a big discussion!

The main focus on that shoe should be that very nice main color anyways!

As for the labor conditions in China, the employees are the kings over there, they have all kinds of rights, the owners of factories do not, overtime must be paid 200% and if it is on a sunday it is 300%, in comparison to the 90s they make about 1000% more salary in comparison to today, with a guaranteed raise by the federal government of 20% per year. They get living and 3 meals a day for free, plus social activities such as Basketball, excursions etc.

So for companies with labor intensive goods, prices are rising and rising and rising. Why do you all think the foams have risen from 180 to 230-250 in just 4 years, an increase up to 39%? Because this shoe has heavy labor amounts involved.

I can understand that many people here have different opinions about that matter, but I guess it makes most sense to acutally go and visit the country that you are talking about and not just pinpointing an opinion, because TV or the Internet is your source. This is not the real World, believe me, I travel the real China economic production world 2-3 months annually and every time things happen, which I would never think were possible!

But other shoes see minimal price increases......

Foams were 190-200 in 2007 not 180. Pros were 190 and ones were 200.
Nike moved production from Taiwan to China which was cheaper labor.

Last edited:
I really like the design of the Penny Is the kid did a great job!

I can understand that not everybody is a 49ers fan and that it leads to a lot of dicsussions, but just for the cause and respecting the kid, it should not be a big discussion!

The main focus on that shoe should be that very nice main color anyways!

As for the labor conditions in China, the employees are the kings over there, they have all kinds of rights, the owners of factories do not, overtime must be paid 200% and if it is on a sunday it is 300%, in comparison to the 90s they make about 1000% more salary in comparison to today, with a guaranteed raise by the federal government of 20% per year. They get living and 3 meals a day for free, plus social activities such as Basketball, excursions etc.

So for companies with labor intensive goods, prices are rising and rising and rising. Why do you all think the foams have risen from 180 to 230-250 in just 4 years, an increase up to 39%? Because this shoe has heavy labor amounts involved.

I can understand that many people here have different opinions about that matter, but I guess it makes most sense to acutally go and visit the country that you are talking about and not just pinpointing an opinion, because TV or the Internet is your source. This is not the real World, believe me, I travel the real China economic production world 2-3 months annually and every time things happen, which I would never think were possible!

Good info, im glad to see the strike the factory's staged last year had a positive effect on working conditions and wages

Wait one of the DBs are going to be Pennys?! :pimp:

Im not gonna lie, Im struggling to not feel some type of way about the Niners theme.

Makes me wonder if the kids really pick the shoes of their liking or does Nike give them a pool of shoes to pick from.

Im not gonna lie, Im struggling to not feel some type of way about the Niners theme.

Makes me wonder if the kids really pick the shoes of their liking or does Nike give them a pool of shoes to pick from.

I dont understand your reasoning with that statement. What significance would it be to Nike that the shoe has a 49ERS logo on it? Hes a fan of the team and even the clothing that comes with them has the 49ers logo with his initials in them instead of SF.

I dont understand your reasoning with that statement. What significance would it be to Nike that the shoe has a 49ERS logo on it? Hes a fan of the team and even the clothing that comes with them has the 49ers logo with his initials in them instead of SF.

Not saying that its impossible that the kid was just browsing the internet, randomly came across the Penny 1s and said, "Oh I like these", but why would he pick Pennys of all shoes if he was such a big Niners fan? Why not pick something 49ers actually wear? Again, Im not saying its IMPOSSIBLE, I just find it highly unlikely that a kid his age, with all they hype surrounding other shoes, was just eying the Penny 1s like that.

Also having a pool of shoes vs letting the kids just pick at random would explain why the DBs havent just been a bunch of 11s and foamposites.

Not saying that its impossible that the kid was just browsing the internet, randomly came across the Penny 1s and said, "Oh I like these", but why would he pick Pennys of all shoes if he was such a big Niners fan? Why not pick something 49ers actually wear? Again, Im not saying its IMPOSSIBLE, I just find it highly unlikely that a kid his age, with all they hype surrounding other shoes, was just eying the Penny 1s like that.

Also having a pool of shoes vs letting the kids just pick at random would explain why the DBs havent just been a bunch of 11s and foamposites.
I see what you mean.

Because they are kids, i doubt they have much knowledge about the shoes themselves.

They're given models to choose from definitely. Whether they pick from a small pool or Nike literally comes to them with a model already selected for them or not, I'm not sure.

Finally saw these in person at my local mall, they're all over the place. Kinda underwhelming in person IMO, I'll take my chances with an outlet pickup.

Finally saw these in person at my local mall, they're all over the place. Kinda underwhelming in person IMO, I'll take my chances with an outlet pickup.

Yep going to go ahead and beat my current pair. Put them in my new hoop shoe rotation, heel slippage and all. Looking like I'll be able to pick up a couple of pairs sometime next year for the low. Will probably be like the black/royal 180's. Last time I went to the outlet they were practically giving those away. Another classic that got slept on...

Last edited:
Yep going to go ahead and beat my current pair. Put them in my new hoop shoe rotation, heel slippage and all. Looking like I'll be able to pick up a couple of pairs sometime next year for the low. Will probably be like the black/royal 180's. Last time I went to the outlet they were practically giving those away. Another classic that got slept on...
Tell me about it! I got the 180's for $47 a sweet lick... figured the Penny's would sit! Had the ASG in 6th grade and I will be getting two maybe three pair when the price is right!

Don't get me wrong, it's a classic shoe, just not for retail. Got the Orlando's a couple years back at the outlets don't see why these will be any different.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I laugh because the comment about shoes hitting outlets is as dated as expired milk.
Outlet prices are like $10-15 off of retail these days and they don't like doing phone orders. Your better bet is getting them from a retail chain for the low. A lot of us got ours for $100 on release date.

Back
Top Bottom