OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR MAX LEBRON VII THREAD**FIRST PIC*****

They may have seen comments on all the others and taken the safe route and left well enough alone.

Originally Posted by retroabe

o nice either way i heard it was hectic at hoh
HOHNY?no it wasn't.there was a line and everything was cool.some folks double dipped.all pairs was sold by 10:30 am or so.

yeah, but.......

I see this as like a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd take it as go hard or go home. Even though I didnt really like any of the previous USA editions, Ifeel like the artist went for it. I feel like they did them and I cant ever knock that.

I guess my gripe isnt with the artists themselves, but moreso the person/group that selected these artists. What kinda credentials did these people have forNike to say "lets get ___________ do these shoes up"?
cause I mean of all places, I expected somethin outta NY, and these are just smh the numbers 0-4 in rhinestones? really?!?! I know everything isnt foreveryone, but come. on.
and Im not sayin I shoulda been one to do somethin, but I know there are ALOT of customizers out there grindin like myself, that woulda LOVED a shot at this,that Im confident, woulda came harder than what we saw here.

Hey EL... sometimes I think the wrong folks are left to make the right decisions. Not meaning they are bad folks.. but like you said.. not really up on whoswho in certain circles.

The PLMs I think should have picked the artists as I know they are competent in whats relevant and actually research and know some of the true Sneaker Artistand Custom folks.

I believe this was left up to Marketing. You never know what you are going to get there... even if they are givin the info.. some folks in Marketing hate whensomething good isn't their idea.. so they force it in another direction..

ya know?

bedazzler.jpg

smh.gif

NYC, officially the worst of the Artist Series...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I believe this was left up to Marketing. You never know what you are going to get there... even if they are givin the info.. some folks in Marketing hate when something good isn't their idea.. so they force it in another direction..

ya know?
Jesus @+$*@#@ Christ! That is nauseatingly sad!

^^ Not saying this is always the situation... but in the World of Marketing.. the folks who create the concept or the Product dont always get to convey thestory behind it.

This happens as well in the Footwear world.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

^^ Not saying this is always the situation... but in the World of Marketing.. the folks who create the concept or the Product dont always get to convey the story behind it.

This happens as well in the Footwear world.
I understand. It's just sad when the greater good isn't seen as more important than lone egos.

thats crazy.

Im all for givin people shots, but I alomost think they may have been better off lettin the guys that make the special shoes/PE's(is that the PLM's?)or the people in the Innovation Kitchen do these.

ah well, its one to grown on. I hope the people that got the opportunity use this as a stepping stone and build from it

Hey EL...

The PLMs (Product Line Managers) who do PE's (energy or SMU's) are different than the PLM's who do GR's (in-line)

Sometimes I think (in the past) the in - line stuff was too safe and status quo.. because its what was always done or colors that were always used.. but I haveto admit they are stepping out of the box on the latest releases over the past few seasons..

Because again.. Nike Basketball is competing against itself everyday. Nike SPortswear aka Retro and Jordan as well as Coverse on a lesser extent.

I still think some other stuff could be done to put NIke BB where it wants to be but you will never see me putting that stuff up here again.. lol.. ..forobviousl reasons..

I do think Nike Football lost a good one in E. Scott but got a good one in Kenzo but just know there is another dude in Nike Football that is on the rise.. Iwish they let him do a _____Cleat.. cause that line would take off.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

yeah, but.......

I see this as like a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd take it as go hard or go home. Even though I didnt really like any of the previous USA editions, I feel like the artist went for it. I feel like they did them and I cant ever knock that.

I guess my gripe isnt with the artists themselves, but moreso the person/group that selected these artists. What kinda credentials did these people have for Nike to say "lets get ___________ do these shoes up"?
cause I mean of all places, I expected somethin outta NY, and these are just smh the numbers 0-4 in rhinestones? really?!?! I know everything isnt for everyone, but come. on.
and Im not sayin I shoulda been one to do somethin, but I know there are ALOT of customizers out there grindin like myself, that woulda LOVED a shot at this, that Im confident, woulda came harder than what we saw here.
yeah!

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

thats crazy.

Im all for givin people shots, but I alomost think they may have been better off lettin the guys that make the special shoes/PE's(is that the PLM's?) or the people in the Innovation Kitchen do these.

ah well, its one to grown on. I hope the people that got the opportunity use this as a stepping stone and build from it
sounds like a certain customizer is unhappy
roll.gif
(i kid i kid)
shoot i'm unhappy, i bet me and you....(or just you), could brainstorm something better ...wayyy better then this

also EL, i have some extra kicks laying around if you want em, or want to do something with em, PM me, just some random forces and what not...

China VII releases October 3rd. No word on US release, so it remains an Asia Exclusive only for now..

Thanks to lrj23.com.

Wow the White/Navy are dropping over there kind of earlier than usual, that cw drops late Dec most of the time.

well, rmkstore.....here i come for the chinas.....one of the few im gonna cop.....

Back
Top Bottom