OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MontanaInc

Anybody know if the battery is removable/replaceable? 
This was posted earlier in the thread.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Battery replacement for Nike Mag

Discussion Thread
From Nike: Via Email(Sean) - 09/14/2011 09:41 AM

Thank you for your interest in the 2011 Nike MAG shoes!

As for your question, the battery is not replaceable. The shoe lasts approximately 5 hours per charge and should last approximately 3000 hours in total life if unworn.

Thanks and hopefully, with your help, we can erase Parkinson’s disease from the space time continuum!

Best regards,

Sean
Nike

Originally Posted by MontanaInc

Anybody know if the battery is removable/replaceable? 
This was posted earlier in the thread.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Battery replacement for Nike Mag

Discussion Thread
From Nike: Via Email(Sean) - 09/14/2011 09:41 AM

Thank you for your interest in the 2011 Nike MAG shoes!

As for your question, the battery is not replaceable. The shoe lasts approximately 5 hours per charge and should last approximately 3000 hours in total life if unworn.

Thanks and hopefully, with your help, we can erase Parkinson’s disease from the space time continuum!

Best regards,

Sean
Nike

Originally Posted by BigBZzang

I got them for $3,300.00.

i won a 9 too!  we were probably bidding against each other.  some dude kept betting with a number ending in 88.  i lost like 4 auctions today, but did end up snagging 1 pair lol.  Congrats to you though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BigBZzang

I got them for $3,300.00.

i won a 9 too!  we were probably bidding against each other.  some dude kept betting with a number ending in 88.  i lost like 4 auctions today, but did end up snagging 1 pair lol.  Congrats to you though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by zapatito007

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Pookdogg

IMO if they just released these in the stores, for around 300. they would have made a ton of money. Nike created this hype so ppl can go wild to get a pair. @ 300. many of us would prob. buy 2 pair.... im a little disappointed with Nike, but hey who am i ? just one of millions who wears nikes.
its for the parkinson's research foundation, bro.

But I do agree that they should have released this to the masses

yea its for parkinsons but they could of released it n sold them 400 n gave there end of the money lets say 200 a pair to parkinsons, and could of made more money,,,, sucks
the way they did it is way more efficient when you think about it in terms of just raising money.  the shoes go for 20 times their value.  they use less materials, less distributors no riots and they probably end up raising just the same amount of money if not more.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Pookdogg

IMO if they just released these in the stores, for around 300. they would have made a ton of money. Nike created this hype so ppl can go wild to get a pair. @ 300. many of us would prob. buy 2 pair.... im a little disappointed with Nike, but hey who am i ? just one of millions who wears nikes.
its for the parkinson's research foundation, bro.

But I do agree that they should have released this to the masses

yea its for parkinsons but they could of released it n sold them 400 n gave there end of the money lets say 200 a pair to parkinsons, and could of made more money,,,, sucks
the way they did it is way more efficient when you think about it in terms of just raising money.  the shoes go for 20 times their value.  they use less materials, less distributors no riots and they probably end up raising just the same amount of money if not more.

Originally Posted by riddla713

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If I were to own these, I would know exactly how to wear them.

They're really not that hard to pull off. The only thing that's going to look funny on this shoe when you wear them is the lace system.

I agree, the fact that they're permanently stuck laced that tight is another reason I'd rather wait for another version with power lacing. Right now they look stiff and tight (and steve over at iss held these in his hands and confirmed this, said i would prolly have to modify this version if i wanted to rock them looser) and I would rather rock them unlaced with the strap loose like in my avatar.

i feel you on rocking them loose but if they were really exactly like the mags in bttf you might not be able to rock them loose because dont they automatically power lace when the shoe senses a foot inside it. i guess you would have to wait until the charge runs out but then the lights wouldnt work
laugh.gif
 no but really i also hope they drop in 2015 with power lace, they are not worth the money they are going for without the power lace imo.

i'm sure there will be a button to push for auto lacing. to activate upon sensing a foot would be a lot crazier and prolly a lot more expensive.

Originally Posted by riddla713

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If I were to own these, I would know exactly how to wear them.

They're really not that hard to pull off. The only thing that's going to look funny on this shoe when you wear them is the lace system.

I agree, the fact that they're permanently stuck laced that tight is another reason I'd rather wait for another version with power lacing. Right now they look stiff and tight (and steve over at iss held these in his hands and confirmed this, said i would prolly have to modify this version if i wanted to rock them looser) and I would rather rock them unlaced with the strap loose like in my avatar.

i feel you on rocking them loose but if they were really exactly like the mags in bttf you might not be able to rock them loose because dont they automatically power lace when the shoe senses a foot inside it. i guess you would have to wait until the charge runs out but then the lights wouldnt work
laugh.gif
 no but really i also hope they drop in 2015 with power lace, they are not worth the money they are going for without the power lace imo.

i'm sure there will be a button to push for auto lacing. to activate upon sensing a foot would be a lot crazier and prolly a lot more expensive.

I was going to post today and ask whoever's going to bid today to let me know. I hope these run big. I wear a 9.5 in most shoes. I lost 2 auctions today. How much did you have to pay for them?

I was going to post today and ask whoever's going to bid today to let me know. I hope these run big. I wear a 9.5 in most shoes. I lost 2 auctions today. How much did you have to pay for them?

a little less than you, i wear a 9.5 too.  it was quite the struggle for me, had to find a way around the no international bidding.  Cuz i'm in Canada EH!

a little less than you, i wear a 9.5 too.  it was quite the struggle for me, had to find a way around the no international bidding.  Cuz i'm in Canada EH!

The other 2 auctions I lost went for around $3,600.00. I was suprised no one out bid me on mine. I can't quote post for some reason. I am posting from my phone. Sorry if my post seemed chopped up. Congratulations to all who one a pair.

The other 2 auctions I lost went for around $3,600.00. I was suprised no one out bid me on mine. I can't quote post for some reason. I am posting from my phone. Sorry if my post seemed chopped up. Congratulations to all who one a pair.

Day 7:
Highest winning bid $6,100.00 for a size 9. Lowest winning bid $2,550.00 for a size 7. 

Total amount raised per day:
Day 1 = $911,927.34
Day 2 = $647,539.91
Day 3 = $501,910.05
Day 4 = $459,392.55
Day 5 = $459,770.99
Day 6 = $445,401.65
Day 7 = $443,263.43
Total = $3,869,205.92

Here you can see the Day to Day variance: (Smaller sizes beginning to increase once again. Size 13 saw the largest decrease but was the only size to increase yesterday)

Here is the Data graphed out:

Sizing released per day:

Day 1 & 2                                Day 3, 4, 5, & 6                   Day 7
Size 7 - Qty 13                         Size 7 - Qty 6                       Size 7 - Qty 5
Size 8 - Qty 13                         Size 8 - Qty 26                     Size 8 - Qty 26
Size 9 - Qty 30                         Size 9 - Qty 32                     Size 9 - Qty 33
Size 10 - Qty 40                       Size 10 - Qty 35                   Size 10 - Qty 36
Size 11 - Qty 30                       Size 11 - Qty 25                   Size 11 - Qty 25
Size 12 - Qty 15                       Size 12 - Qty 14                   Size 12 - Qty 14
Size 13 - Qty 9                         Size 13 - Qty 12                   Size 13 - Qty 11

Total number of bids per day:

Day 1 - 5389
Day 2 - 3558
Day 3 - 3713
Day 4 - 3352
Day 5 - 3881
Day 6 - 3117
Day 7 - 3582

Hope this info is helping you guys out.

Happy Bidding!

Day 7:
Highest winning bid $6,100.00 for a size 9. Lowest winning bid $2,550.00 for a size 7. 

Total amount raised per day:
Day 1 = $911,927.34
Day 2 = $647,539.91
Day 3 = $501,910.05
Day 4 = $459,392.55
Day 5 = $459,770.99
Day 6 = $445,401.65
Day 7 = $443,263.43
Total = $3,869,205.92

Here you can see the Day to Day variance: (Smaller sizes beginning to increase once again. Size 13 saw the largest decrease but was the only size to increase yesterday)

Here is the Data graphed out:

Sizing released per day:

Day 1 & 2                                Day 3, 4, 5, & 6                   Day 7
Size 7 - Qty 13                         Size 7 - Qty 6                       Size 7 - Qty 5
Size 8 - Qty 13                         Size 8 - Qty 26                     Size 8 - Qty 26
Size 9 - Qty 30                         Size 9 - Qty 32                     Size 9 - Qty 33
Size 10 - Qty 40                       Size 10 - Qty 35                   Size 10 - Qty 36
Size 11 - Qty 30                       Size 11 - Qty 25                   Size 11 - Qty 25
Size 12 - Qty 15                       Size 12 - Qty 14                   Size 12 - Qty 14
Size 13 - Qty 9                         Size 13 - Qty 12                   Size 13 - Qty 11

Total number of bids per day:

Day 1 - 5389
Day 2 - 3558
Day 3 - 3713
Day 4 - 3352
Day 5 - 3881
Day 6 - 3117
Day 7 - 3582

Hope this info is helping you guys out.

Happy Bidding!

And again, just because you think these would look funny for anyone to actually wear, and you don't think you can pull it off, doesn't mean others can't.

Cudi got 4 pairs, I'm sure 'Ye copped, and others. Watch, when they wear 'em and they look mad fly and futuristic, all the sudden some people's opinions are gonna change.

I too think theyre not that hard to pull them off. Slim fit jeans are the way to go for these. anything loose will look stupid. And to bounce off my previous statement, I still say
kano.jpg

plus

nike-air-mag-shoe-ebay-0.jpg

equals winning 
laugh.gif

And again, just because you think these would look funny for anyone to actually wear, and you don't think you can pull it off, doesn't mean others can't.

Cudi got 4 pairs, I'm sure 'Ye copped, and others. Watch, when they wear 'em and they look mad fly and futuristic, all the sudden some people's opinions are gonna change.

I too think theyre not that hard to pull them off. Slim fit jeans are the way to go for these. anything loose will look stupid. And to bounce off my previous statement, I still say
kano.jpg

plus

nike-air-mag-shoe-ebay-0.jpg

equals winning 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom