OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

hrm, so whats throwing off the look exactally? is it the color or the contrast between the prisitne new and the older uppers? or something else?

granted, the materials I used are like 20 years old now and had yellowed alot, so I tried to whiten and repair em as best I could. the original uppers yellow more than the rest of the shoe cause the material isint the same, its more of a softer, synthetic type of leather. also there are some small differences in how the retros are cut compared to the originals.

I did the best I could anyhow. I think they would pass from a distance, seeing as how you wouldnt get to look at them at ground level for an extented period of time like the pics I took. Even with a straight sole swap tho there would still be spots that wouldnt line up right. I may do one down the road tho still.

as a sidebar, the laces on the retros and the og laces are exactally the same length. still too short imo, but I thought id mention it.

I think what potentially throws them off is the fact that the ankle piece does look pasted on, but not in any way you can fix. It's a combination of the yellowing and the fact that you can't lift the leather panel that wraps around the heel (part of the retro 180's upper) and put the Pump's leather beneath it (part of your OG pair).

I think it looks fine to me though :smokin :smokin :smokin

What did you do with the tongue? Did you just remove the 180 retro tongue and somehow stitch the OG one all the way in?

Also, what part of the OG actually inflated?

Last edited:
I thought about trying to tuck that bit under, but its not shaped quite the same and I figured it would look worse if I tried it or trimed it instead.

I used an xacto to take off the retro tounge but left the leather bit of it at the bottom then used E6000 to glue the matching og part underneath. If you apply some pressure and lef it sit overnight you really dont have to stich anything. I removed most of the retros uppers and all of the inner padding also, just left enough to tie into the og uppers with more glue.

the pump system on the 180s was kind of complicated. theres an air bladder that wraps around the ankle, the part I swapped, and an extension that goes down into the arch just underneath the insole. the pumps on em dont work tho, the material the air bladders are made of is aging and getting brittle and wont hold the pressure anymore; fix one bit and another part will break and leak.

hrm, so whats throwing off the look exactally? is it the color or the contrast between the prisitne new and the older uppers? or something else?
granted, the materials I used are like 20 years old now and had yellowed alot, so I tried to whiten and repair em as best I could. the original uppers yellow more than the rest of the shoe cause the material isint the same, its more of a softer, synthetic type of leather. also there are some small differences in how the retros are cut compared to the originals.
I did the best I could anyhow. I think they would pass from a distance, seeing as how you wouldnt get to look at them at ground level for an extented period of time like the pics I took. Even with a straight sole swap tho there would still be spots that wouldnt line up right. I may do one down the road tho still.
as a sidebar, the laces on the retros and the og laces are exactally the same length. still too short imo, but I thought id mention it.

Yea its no knock on you you really did the best job possible with what you attempted its like Senorroboto said it looks pasted on, really not much you can do about that. The leathers color and actual material looks different not to mention the creases. I remember Nike used a very soft synthetic leather when these released very different than what their using now. If anyone has a pair of OG Jordan V's the tag attached to the shoe references the synthetic leather they used back then. Anyhow you did a good job, and maybe if someone sees that we are willing to go to these lengths to get the shoe in OG form maybe they will make a change.

What if you repainted the uppers???

So adding the top portion was easier than attempting the sole swap? (I know nothing about either process fyi)

Great work nonetheless, that def took some balls, I'd actually like to ask you some questions about some older wearable retros Trydan, got my eye on a few things.

What if you repainted the uppers???
So adding the top portion was easier than attempting the sole swap? (I know nothing about either process fyi)
Great work nonetheless, that def took some balls, I'd actually like to ask you some questions about some older wearable retros Trydan, got my eye on a few things.

I already did repaint them to cover the scuffs and yellowed material. Id say swapping the uppers was faster at least, took 2 days. sole swaps take like a week to do properly. while it will take a day to glue the sole and the uppers, it takes much longer to get all the edges tight and looking decent.

id have never bothrered tho if nike had made them like they should have been in the first place. when I saw the pics of what we were getting out of these, thats when I decided it was time to do my own sole swaps and modifications on pairs I wanted to wear, cause nike was never going to retro the classic hightops in thier original form and do a halfway decent job. :smh:

pm me your queries, ill help if I can.

pulled the trigger on some glow in the darks from ebay (these aren't coming here to aus). decided to save on emeralds until they finally bring back the pump. i know i'll probably end up waiting forever. :frown:

Last edited:
For some reason Nike decided to put the Suns colorway on clearance already. Strange. I managed to scoop a pair up before they sold out.

seriously insane glow

Last edited:
Pretty sure my gfs getting me the emeralds for christmas. I got the glow, phoenix, wold grey and pretty soon the emeralds!!!!!!!! Love these shoes

Back
Top Bottom