Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Anyone know where I can get promotional discounts for Rangers tickets? The Knicks seem to always have them, but I can't find them for the Rangers.

^ Haven't seen them since the Rangers started making the playoffs to be honest with you. Federov and Huet at the Rock tonight against NJD. Gonna be a goodgame.

NBC Game Of The Week........Flyers vs. Rangers....this sunday....cant wait
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well washington beat the crap out of the Devils. There was no way around it, they played a lot better. It was horrible. The Devils were so flat and theirpowerpay is pitiful right now. They should have tried to get a scorer. The defensemen tonight were White-Mottau, Martin-Salvador, and Greene-Oduya. They had 2shots on goal in the 3rd period it was bad. Luckily for me, Mike Green, had the game winner on the power play so that helped my fantasy team.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

NBC Game Of The Week........Flyers vs. Rangers....this sunday....cant wait
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's always exciting to watch a hockey game on NBC, the announcers are great.

Damn, I can't believe I didn't see this thread over the past few months being the hockey enthusiast I am
nerd.gif

Sharks season has been pretty good so far.. I'm actually hoping in the playoffs we DON'T get home ice advantage because we're beasts on the road
pimp.gif
(best road record in the NHL)

You didnt see this thread because it was dead until I revived it. Nobody posted from February 6th until I searched for it like Feb 24th lol. Im happy it isactually surviving albeit on life support.

SMH @ this thread dying while I was away at banned camp lmao......Anyways, pretty interesting trade deadline day, that Pens trade will only be worth it ifHossa re-signs and I can't see that happening since as stated they need to sign Malkin & Staal to deals. Washington went out and got that #1 goalie inHuet which was an EXCELLENT deal for them IMO. Sharks will be a much better team with Campbell I think because they get his puck moving skills as well as hisoffensive side. I was SMH @ Montreal for not doing anything at the deadline, but then I took a second to think about their roster and really they're justfine how they are but obviously are taking a big risk with Price as their starter (hasn't been too bad so far though)

Big game tonight in Montreal with 1st place in the East on the line! Phoenix has been playing well as of late as well, I think they're only a point out of8th in the West now, I'd love to see them take that last spot.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Phoenix has been playing well as of late as well, I think they're only a point out of 8th in the West now, I'd love to see them take that last spot.
me too....they are a young hard-working team that surprised everybody this year.....I watched a couple of their games and they are just great to watchthis year...hopefully they can be a contender in a few years

Well washington beat the crap out of the Devils. There was no way around it, they played a lot better. It was horrible. The Devils were so flat and their powerpay is pitiful right now. They should have tried to get a scorer. The defensemen tonight were White-Mottau, Martin-Salvador, and Greene-Oduya. They had 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period it was bad. Luckily for me, Mike Green, had the game winner on the power play so that helped my fantasy team.
Maybe Greene should sit tonight then and go with Vishnevski lol. Who was out there though that we could have gotten esp with our salary capsituation? I think we are right at the cap. They probably would have had to give someone up to get an elite scorer like a Hossa and risk ruining the successthey're already having. Are they at Montreal tonight?

They are in Montreal all tonight. I dont think we are near the cap because Elias is the highest guy at $7.5 mill. Brodeur isn't even the highest paidgoalie in the league. Someone like Fedorov who I'm assuming would be cheap could have helped I think, even if they went and got someone like Marcel Hossa(not Marian) I think would have helped. You look at the roster and Elias, Parise, Gionta, and Zubrus (sort of) are the only guys you can consider (goalscorers). Hopefully everything works out and I think it will as it usually does.

edit: I can't tell yet but I know Rachunek and Brookbank are playing so I'm assuming Greene and Vishnevski aren't.

This is for the homie DoubleJ's......Mike Green's crib......Didn't know he had a clothing line!

Hossa goes down in the first game with the Pens.............great Hopefully only out a week. If the Pens can get everyone resigned somehow, they would be thenext dynasty, no doubt. We shall see. Gotta definitely get Malkin signed, he is an incredible player. I love the NHL on NBC as well, with hockey rarely beingon, I get so excited to see it played in HD. Looks so good and is always entertaining. Pens need to rebound and make a good run into the playoffs.

VS has hockey in HD and I must say that HD Hockey is
pimp.gif
. Unfortunately Idont see hockey being broadcasted on NBC much in the future either. I used to love when it was on Fox. The good old days, but hockey is a sport where youeither love it or hate it. I love it though

Ribeiro has been one of my best players on my fantasy team all year and he was undrafted. I picked him up after dropping Nylander. What a great move thatproved to be.

Sharks are actually playing like the team they were thought to be, and Campbell can keep doin' those spin-o-ramas all day......

any Washington Capitals Fans on here?

u guys think Ovechkin will finally make the playoffs. I'm not too sure about their defense, it looks a bit too fragile.
if they can make the push, i think its gonna be Huet bringing them in.
any thoughts?

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

any Washington Capitals Fans on here?

u guys think Ovechkin will finally make the playoffs. I'm not too sure about their defense, it looks a bit too fragile.
if they can make the push, i think its gonna be Huet bringing them in.
any thoughts?

DoubleJ's is a Caps fan.....haven't seen him since I got back on here though. As for the Caps making the playoffs, if they do it'll be becauseof Huet as you said and I do not see them getting past the 1st round. They will likely have to play Montreal or Jersey and those 2 teams are tops in the Eastfor a reason especially with the streaks they've been on. Who knows though, playoffs are a whole new season and anything can happen!(Oilers)
Tonight's 3 games are all solid ones in which I'll be watching. I say B's will beat the Caps, Anaheim will beat Ottawa, and Canadiensmight pull off the W in San Jose, although I want SJ to win.

Back
Top Bottom