Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

I don't know the jersey rule either, but if a team does a home and away back to back, then a lot of times they swap it so white is home.

Originally Posted by cquan05

DoubleJs you really pushin' for the Caps huh? lol..........
I think it'll be:
e856d4fc22fc72d2132fa9845b55f63f-getty-76073568sd006_chicago_black.jpg

It probably will
mad.gif

But Backstom has been on a roll ever since Boudreau took over....hopefully he can catch up to Kane

Going to the Devils Leafs game in a little bit. I can't wait. Jersey needs a win, they lost two in a row and havent been playing all that well. Mike Greenon the Caps has been such a great thing for my fantasy team. Ever since they got Boudreau he has been unstoppable. Leads all defensemen in goals with 14. He isreal good. Glad the NHL is on NBC today to.

^^^ we need to get rid of Renney pretty soon if we don't get back on track soon....Maybe we could bring in Scotty Bowman to coach.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
........but i doubt that will happen

^Nah Scotty will come to Toronto before he does NYR.........had Peddie followed up this summer with Bowman he'd be here right now as an assistant GM Ibelieve to help out Ferguson.

If Jagr wasn't such a vagina maybe you'd win more. He isn't producing and someone (a contender) would take him at a high price for a playoff push.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

If Jagr wasn't such a vagina maybe you'd win more. He isn't producing and someone (a contender) would take him at a high price for a playoff push.
laugh.gif
....he really is a lousy leader....complete opposite of our oldcaptain, Mark Messier.

Rumor in NY is that the Rangers will be trading Straka and Jagr at the deadline.
tired.gif

Yeah Jagr just doesn't look like he wants to play anymore to be honest......Even with those 2 big signings he still doesn't seem motivated, andspeaking of Gomez/Drury those were some pretty big flops IMHO
ohwell.gif
......Neither areplaying the way they were last year, and I'm just assuming it's because they're under the microscope and on a big stage.

Who needs Sid Crosby when you have Tim Brent?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.........My buddy justgot called up from WBS to Pittsburgh, gonna try and road trip out to Jersey or something to watch him play
smokin.gif

Even with those 2 big signings he still doesn't seem motivated, and speaking of Gomez/Drury those were some pretty big flops IMHO
ohwell.gif
......Neither are playing the way they were last year, and I'm just assuming it's because they're under the microscope and on a big stage.
Well Gomez isn't doing that bad....He has 45 points but thats not that great either....I'm also not so worried about Drury either...He hasscored some clutch goals this eyar and he should come around towards the end of the season and in the playoffs....thats the main reason why Sather got him.

But I agree a little bit....they should be playing better.

Psst....Nicklas Backstom with another 4 assists tonight...that makes 8 in the past 2 games
eek.gif

game ain't over yet....5-5....

*edit*

6-5 win for the Caps in the shootout....not to mention they killed a 5-3 powerplay in OT....we got a big home/home vs. Tornonto on Wed/Thursday.....let'skeep it going!!

Kolzig...14 shots/9 saves
sick.gif

^Backstrom has been on fire as of late, however I still think Kane will get ROY. Not to mention Backstrom is playing with Ovechkin and Kozlov so the majorityof his points aren't exactly the hard-working points
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ my boymaking his Pens debut tonight........I'm thinking Ovechkin/Malkin is better than a Ovechkin/Crosby match-up
tongue.gif

^Backstrom has been on fire as of late, however I still think Kane will get ROY. Not to mention Backstrom is playing with Ovechkin and Kozlov so the majority of his points aren't exactly the hard-working points
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ my boy making his Pens debut tonight........I'm thinking Ovechkin/Malkin is better than a Ovechkin/Crosby match-up
tongue.gif

U should have seen how Ovechkin went after Malkin tonight....dude tried to steamroll him, but bounced off HARD and went flying into theboards....didn't know Malkin was that strong on his skates...I thought he was real lanky. Also, Jordan Staal had a nice hit on Brashear towards the end ofthe 2nd....

You can't discredit what Backstrom is doing, even if he does have the benefit of playing with AO....is Malkin's ROY any less impressive because he getsto go on the PP w. Crosby? No....Backstrom was getting the primary assist (in most instances) and the goals that were being scored were due to his ridiculousability to see the ice and play develop before anyone else.

^Yeah I was watching the game and Ovechkin ended up having a bloody lip on that hit, and Malkin saw him just at the end and I think tried to brace himself asbest as possible. I was laughing quite hard when Staal leveled Brashear
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Backstrom is definitely going to develop into one of Washington's best players along with Semin, Green and Ovechkin they're going to be a sleeper inthe East IMO. However, as far as ROY I still think Kane will get it just because he'll end up with more points, and when Toews comes back that'll helpKane out A LOT. It'll be interesting to watch it all go down though because Mueller is on a 6 game point streak as well.

John Ferguson Jr has been fired by the Leafs! Cliff Fletcher will be the interim GM!!!

whoa !!! ......I dont know if any of you guys are watching the Rangers right now, but they look like a completely different team right now....they are reallyflying........there was a team meeting this morning and players finally decided that they'll step up.
wink.gif

and also listen to this.....MAREK MALIK CHECKED SOMEONE !!!.....probably the 1st time he's made physical contact with an opposing player.

RedWings stomped on the Kings last night.

It was a good game, I sat in the VIP section, but the losing still hurts.
ohwell.gif

I was blinded by the sea red jerseys in the crowd.....

Eventhough the Kings lost, they played their butts off, and attacked the net, Osgood was stopping everything and anything going to the net.

Come on Kings, when are we going to be contenders again? I hate seeing Staples Center filled with fans from the other team, it makes me sick.

We need to go back to the Black and Silver jerseys like the early 90's
pimp.gif

Gretzky.jpeg

As much as I love those old Kings jerseys, their current ones now are
pimp.gif
IMO..........It will be interesting to see what happens with the Leafs lineup nowthat Fletcher is in charge, and I'm going to hope that we come out hard (pause
laugh.gif
)against the Caps tonight

Leetch should have stayed with the Rangers his entire career. He was one of those guys IMO who should have been in the same jersey forever. It is what it isthough. The Devils beat the tar out of the Flyers last night though which was nice. Can't wait for tomorrow when they play the Canadiens.

Back
Top Bottom