OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week VII Vol: REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD

They know the Chiefs' 12th man would have intervened had they touched Patty.

nRk4PLp.jpeg

He gets to the sideline and 2 defenders let up because it’s been a flag, especially with Mahomes, to hit a QB while going out of bounds. Not really hard to see.
Why couldn’t they just push him out. blowing him up or even just hitting him near the sideline isn’t the only option. We see players on the sidelines and the defender just pushes to guide them outta bounds all the time.

Why couldn’t they just push him out. blowing him up or even just hitting him near the sideline isn’t the only option. We see players on the sidelines and the defender just pushes to guide them outta bounds all the time.
Because there's a chance they'd still throw a flag. The refs being so inconsistent with how they call it adds to defenders' hesitance to hit players on the sideline.

Because there's a chance they'd still throw a flag. The refs being so inconsistent with how they call it adds to defenders' hesitance to hit players on the sideline.
Even still taking the flag in that situation better than letting him run for 30+ he got more yardage than he would’ve if they took the chance at getting flagged where he could’ve been pushed out.

I know the refs are inconsistent but if it’s a player on my team I’m not trying to hear that what if the ref throws a flag as a reason you didn’t try to make a play.

They've thrown flags for Patty on similar plays without even blowing him up. It's silly.
Is it silly sure but that don’t change that it’s bad play to let what the refs might do prevent you from making a play as a defender. Worst case scenario you get flagged, best case scenario you make the play don’t get flagged. It’s worth the chance versus not making a play and letting him run on you which is a lose lose.

Is it silly sure but that don’t change that it’s bad play to let what the refs might do prevent you from making a play as a defender. Worst case scenario you get flagged, best case scenario you make the play don’t get flagged. It’s worth the chance versus not making a play and letting him run on you which is a lose lose.
Well, until Patty stops getting that benefit, I don't know what to tell you. Players still getting fined and flagged for silliness.

Well, until Patty stops getting that benefit, I don't know what to tell you. Players still getting fined and flagged for silliness.

I get that all I’m saying is even if that don’t happen don’t let what the refs might do dictate what you should do as a player.

I get that all I’m saying is even if that don’t happen don’t let what the refs might do dictate what you should do as a player.
Again, I get that. But as long as this silliness continues, it is what it is. The Mahomes/ref jersey swap meme is a thing for a reason.

Tua’s decision not to wear a guardian cap is wild to me. If that cap will decrease the likelihood of another concussion just a little bit and keep you on the field to help your team win, I don’t get why he wouldn’t try.

This is why one of our safeties got they *** trucked. :rofl:

Mahomes is MJ. He’s gonna get every call and all the players know it, so know they’re playing scared.

Players that good have a gravitational pull. He earned it.

Back
Top Bottom