OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will make a big deal over a 32 year old retiring

The sports dying; it won't be here in 10 years, etc

Dude should send Trestman a fraction of his future earnings for helping him extend his relevancy around the league :lol:

roll.gif
laugh.gif

I legit busted out laughing fam... Good one..

Underrated album too on the low.. Shyne got busy
Yup! My boy Sam put me on to Shyne Po's CD back in the day.

G-Dep's album was lowkey straight too. I went on a trip to Miami around the time it came out and had it in the rotation...listening on a Walkman.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
If I'm Kaep I'm taking the paycut and getting the hell out of SF
I seriously doubt you would.

The Broncos want him restructured on a 2 year / $14M deal. Possibly no guarantee for 2017 year.

That's Chase Daniel money.

Kaep is already owed $11.9M this upcoming season AND could reach $14.3M just by hitting achievable workout + roster bonuses.

Kaep and his agent already ****** up taking such a team friendly deal in the first place. He ain't about to make the same mistake twice and lose out on $7M in the process.

I seriously doubt you would.

The Broncos want him restructured on a 2 year / $14M deal. Possibly no guarantee for 2017 year.

That's Chase Daniel money.

Kaep is already owed $11.9M this upcoming season AND could reach $14.3M just by hitting achievable workout + roster bonuses.

Kaep and his agent already ****** up taking such a team friendly deal in the first place. He ain't about to make the same mistake twice and lose out on $7M in the process.

Yes I would because I'm thinking long term, nothing will change in SF for him, teammates seem to hate him

Screw that, I'm going to Denver with a great D where all he has to do is be the Kaep that QB'ed a SF team with a great D

Short term losses to bet on myself for a future deal

I can't knock Kaep either way. Yeah, going to Denver is a better football decision but 7mil is 7mil. Ain't no guarantees in the future.

True but another bad season on a team that looks headed for a top 5 pick will have him trying to win a job in someone's camp next year for chump change

Go to Denver and ball out with those weapons and you are back in business

He's already rich, if he's smart with his money he's fine

They offered bum *** 5-2 Brock more money than Kaep's deal. I got no problem with Kaep not budging. Average QBs making what Kaep is making.

They offered bum *** 5-2 Brock more money than Kaep's deal. I got no problem with Kaep not budging. Average QBs making what Kaep is making.

What's Kaep been the last couple years?

that's fine if you want to stay in a terrible situation for the money, but I sure as hell wouldn't

No way Kaep should give up 14 million for basically a 1 year $7 million deal. I'm all for betting on yourself, but there's being smart and being stupid. I'd bet on myself at 14 million on a bad team than for 7 million on a decent team.

If you were in that situation and truly thinking long term, you would find it hard pressed to give up $7,000,000 just for a better chance at success. Not guaranteed, because all we all know almost NOTHING is in that league. Just a better chance. Since we all know the next hit to your ribs could be your last.

I could see your point if it was only a couple hundred grand, maybe $1M, or you might even talk me into $2M. But $7M is way too much of a cut for a 28 year old in his physical prime playing the premium position in the sport.

He's not Peyton making racks off the field from endorsements or Tom with a wife making more than he is. Those dudes could take a hit of $7M for one year and not phase them at all. And mind you, for Kaep, we're talking about a 50% pay cut spread out over the next 2 seasons.

AND THE BRONCOS HAVE LITTLE TO NO LEVERAGE!
laugh.gif
Let's not forget they put themselves in this spot. Options are limited for them at this point, and a legitimately competitive team won't dare trot out Mark Sanchez as their starter in 2016. So if you really want me that bad, you're not gonna get me on a ridiculous discount.
He's already rich, if he's smart with his money he's fine
Bruh, I was waiting for this. You hit us with the go to quote for idealistic fans when speaking on athletes and their earnings.

That's how I know you're strictly viewing it from a fan perspective and not really putting yourself in his current situation.

If you were in that situation and truly thinking long term, you would find it hard pressed to give up $7,000,000 just for a better chance at success. Not guaranteed, because all we all know almost NOTHING is in that league. Just a better chance. Since we all know the next hit to your ribs could be your last.

I could see your point if it was only a couple hundred grand, maybe $1M, or you might even talk me into $2M. But $7M is way too much of a cut for a 28 year old in his physical prime playing the premium position in the sport.

He's not Peyton making racks off the field from endorsements or Tom with a wife making more than he is. Those dudes could take a hit of $7M for one year and not phase them at all. And mind you, for Kaep, we're talking about a 50% pay cut spread out over the next 2 seasons.

AND THE BRONCOS HAVE LITTLE TO NO LEVERAGE! :lol: Let's not forget they put themselves in this spot. Options are limited for them at this point, and a legitimately competitive team won't dare trot out Mark Sanchez as their starter in 2016. So if you really want me that bad, you're not gonna get me on a ridiculous discount.

Bruh, I was waiting for this. You hit us with the go to quote for idealistic fans when speaking on athletes and their earnings.

That's how I know you're strictly viewing it from a fan perspective and not really putting yourself in his current situation.

You can try to force your opinion but it doesn't change how I feel or what I would do in his situation

I left a job I hated to go to another job I loved for less money, I'm no pro athlete but I'd rather be happy at the end of the day then be miserable

He wanted to be traded to the Jets, they won't pay Fitz so he would have surely taken a pay cut to go there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom