OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter what you prefer, it's about what's allowed. This is nothing new to these guys, happens every year.

Just dumb.

These dudes are idiots. They know exactly when these tests are coming and still can't pass them :lol:

I believe it's random day for tests. If they were given the date, they would find a way to keep it clean. :lol:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 2m2 minutes ago
Rolando McClain apologized, says he will not break rules in the future. Looks forward to W5, “when I hope to help my team beat the Patriots”

:lol:

Last edited:

These dudes are idiots. They know exactly when these tests are coming and still can't pass them
laugh.gif
I believe it's random day for tests. If they were given the date, they would find a way to keep it clean.
laugh.gif
Yeah I think if you've havent been caught, you know the time period for when they test..(its usually most of the off-season) and they only test you once after that you're good.

but if you got caught once, you dont know when they're coming I think 
laugh.gif

I believe it's random day for tests. If they were given the date, they would find a way to keep it clean.
laugh.gif
The question that the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin set out to answer: if every NFL player is regularly tested for marijuana, how was Hernandez able to pass every drug test he took? The probable answer, from talking to agents and former league medical personnel, is mundane: the test is so, so easy to beat, and Hernandez wasn’t a moron about it.

NFL players are tested for recreational drugs once a year, during a window mandated by the collectively bargained substance-abuse policy. That window opens in the spring (this year, coincidentally, it’s on 4/20) and ends early in the preseason. But largely because of the cost of dispatching drug testers, the vast majority of players are tested during training camp, when they’re all in one place. All a player usually needs to do is make sure he pisses clean by the time he reports to camp, and once he’s tested, he can smoke as much as he wants for the next year.
If a player passes his one test, he won’t be tested again until the next April-August. One former medical personnel called it an “intelligence test, because it’s once a year, and you know it’s coming.” One agent quipped that players sometimes will throw “smoking parties” as soon as their testing is complete.
http://deadspin.com/its-remarkably-easy-to-beat-nfl-drug-testing-1695935246

Texans cut Brandon Ivory

View media item 1610552

Posted by Josh Alper on July 2, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT

Rookie defensive tackle Brandon Ivory’s agent said that his client will be cleared of all charges related to his arrest on Wednesday.

Ivory and another man allegedly took cash and two iPads after breaking into a home in Alabama while one held an assault rifle and the other carried a knife, which resulted in first degree burglary charges for Ivory. The Texans either disagree or aren’t interested in waiting around to find out.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans have cut Ivory a day after the arrest and their statement that they were gathering facts about what happened.

Ivory was signed as an undrafted free agent after completing his career at Alabama and will likely now need to have those charges cleared in order to get a second chance at finding a job in the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/texans-cut-brandon-ivory/

Last edited:
I believe it's random day for tests. If they were given the date, they would find a way to keep it clean. :lol:

A random day that always falls within the same six week period. And youre giving these dudes too much credit :lol:

Hopefully Blount been laying off :nerd:

A random day that always falls within the same six week period. And youre giving these dudes too much credit :lol:

Hopefully Blount been laying off :nerd:

:lol:

I won't be lying. I am pretty heated about Sheldon Richardson getting suspended. :[

Jets' Richardson suspended four games for violating drug policy
By Mike Cole

sheldon.jpg

Sheldon Richardson became the latest AFC East star to be hit with a suspension Thursday.

The New York Jets defensive lineman was suspended four games for a violation of the NFL’s substance abuse program, the NFL announced. It’s unclear what Richardson specifically did, but as ProFootballTalk.com pointed out, it’s unlikely this is Richardson’s first violation.

“I apologize for letting down my family, teammates, this organization and the fans,” Richardson said in a statement released by the team. “However, words aren’t enough. This is something that can only be addressed by how I handle myself from this point on. I don’t want this to take away from what the team is trying to accomplish. While I won’t be there at the start of the regular season, I will do whatever I can to support my teammates until I’m able to return to the field.”

New Jets coach Todd Bowles also released a statement.

“This is disappointing for Sheldon and the team,” Bowles said. “We’re going to support Sheldon and welcome him back upon his return. We will keep moving forward with our preparations for the upcoming season.”

Richardson figures to be an integral part of the Jets’ rebuilding moving forward. The 24-year-old had a big season in 2014, recording eight sacks and earning a Pro Bowl selection.

Luckily for the Jets, they’ll be without Richardson for just one divisional game, as he’ll be able to return Oct. 5 following New York’s Week 4 game with the Miami Dolphins.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk · 48m48 minutes ago
You don't get a four-game suspension under the substance-abuse policy without violating it more than a few times..

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL · 3m3 minutes ago
Words can't express how stupid/careless/unprofessional you have to be to get suspended for street drugs in NFL

ouch

@AlbertBreer: Chargers TE Antonio Gates suspended for four games for violating the PED policy.

so many suspensions :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom