:::[Official NFC Championship] San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Giants @ Candlestick:::

Originally Posted by glasses

Throughout this week i've heard several analysts say the same thing "that wasn't the packers". Think what you want, throw 16 different smilies and gif's at me. It wasn't the packers, just because NT doesn't agree, doesn't make it fact.

I clearly said AS FAR AS PRESSURE. THE GIANTS CANT AND WON'T BRING PRESSURE LIKE THE SAINTS DID.

I swear you guys nit pick my posts searching for something to throw in my face, in the end making yourselves look dumb

Giants without question have a more talented D-line. Saints bring more pressure

reading.....is......fundamental

Who is nit picking? we are disagreeing with you. Giants ability to apply pressure > Saints

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

This thread is ridiculous, how can you say the Saint's d line is better than the Giants d line? Either way, we're healthy and our team is full of confidence. Week 10 was the first time they let Alex Smith throw on first down and he threw a lot that game, caught us off guard. We didn't have Michael Boley in that who is no pro bowler but he's huge for us. Blackburn is playing well and I don't think that Niners secondary will hold up. Our secondary will hold up because of our pass rush applying so much pressure and Gore isn't running the ball effectively, UNDER 100 yards in the last 8 games. Also, let's not forget that Mario Manningham dropped a game tying TD in the end zone a few plays before Justin Smith batted the ball down on the last play.

-Boley can't guard every part of the field, let alone Vernon Davis.-Your coaches never adjusted to our play-calling offensively, but, that's irrelevant now.-Our secondaries are solid but, they are known to give up some yards, let's see if Eli can even make good decisions under pressure. Brees is a better quarterback and he had a better Oline so I doubt Eli will have his way. You guys will have to have a successful running game and Eli will have to stay poised under pressure, which is something he is known to cave in to.-Gore has been hurt, so we rested him a little more and had Hunter take the load for the most part. This is why Alex Smith has been throwing more which in turn made him a more confident quarterback. So he is a different player than he was in week 10. The defense won us the week 10 game, but, Alex Smith finished off the Saints in the 4th quarter last week.
Boley isn't a star but he's the best LB we got and he calls the plays out there for us, so him missing our last meeting was huge for us. Our coaches were shocked to see Alex throw, all season they were running and that's what we predicted. I don't understand why you're questioning Eli when he played a great game last time. Three bad throws were made. I respect Alex Smith because he hasn't turned the ball over that much this year and I've seen him make some nice throws this season but Alex Smith finished off an AWFUL defense in the 4th quarter, that defense is horrendous. Should be a good match up but with both of these teams at their peak, I'd pick the Giants over them. We're gonna get our sacks and get in Smith's head. I don't think Gore will be a factor, he's looking slow and his knees are cooked.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I contend that Henzo should also be suspended for attempting to tarnish a cultural artifact by selling it for the mere price of $1200. I believe $1200 would be a fair price for the use of his twitter handle for 14 minutes.
Trying to make that ipad money back plus more?
nerd.gif
Send that suspension to the thief.

Yeah it is absolutely pouring here ladies and gentlemen. But I can guarantee you my Gold pass will not go to waste, we will be tailgating the niners game! Go niners!

real talk...no one is passing in this weather lmao..good luck to the giants offense..ya'll didn't have a chance in the sun.

wow its getting closer to game time.

come sunday night its gonna be a feelsbad day or a feelsgood day...

its been so long since my team has had a shot to go to the superbowl.

niners vs giants in the rain..... alex smith.... good lord...

Can't seem to find the percentages for Eli Maning inside the hashes vs outside. The numbers are off the chart.
I really don't think Giants fans understand how hard it's going to be to run the ball.
I look for the 49ers to run a lot of HB draws do keep the Giants D line honest. Frank Gore done? 
laugh.gif
 I think not.

Yes we don't blitz a lot but that doesn't mean Eli will have all day to throw the ball. I do see the 49ers bringing a little bit more pressure than in the saints game for the simple fact that the Giants don't have as many weapons as the Saints do.

If the 49er's can protect Smith that will improve our chance of winning quite a bit. I wouldn't be shocked to see Smith take off and run if there is nothing available down field (a la Aaron Rodgers)

Think its fare to say what the Giants haven't faced a defense this good all year. (Well besides week 10 of course) 

Despite this evidence suggesting otherwise, New York needs to run the ball Sunday. When the Giants drop back to pass on 60 percent of their snaps, they’re just 3-7 this season including their Week 10 loss to the 49ers (61.4 percent). But they’re 8-0 when calling more than 40 percent run plays, including all four games in their current win streak.  

GMen have not really run the ball much the entire season regardless, they pick their spots and try to keep it balanced (usually 60:40) but games are won by Eli.

If the 49ers bring a lot more pressure then that does nothing but help the GMen because he picks aparts blitzes and always has, you're better off rushing 3-4 at most and staying in coverage.

...and please, stop feeding into this weather crap, the GMen are not a dome team they play through all types of weather and colder temps than the 49ers.

Packers 35-Saints 31.....oh wait...feels bad man

But seriously should be a good game. but I think the giants will pull this out. Just hoping for a good one and the winner to beat the Pats if they play them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

...and please, stop feeding into this weather crap, the GMen are not a dome team they play through all types of weather and colder temps than the 49ers.
I'm saying the same thing, these guys play in snow and %+!!
laugh.gif

Out here in NYC - 49er Faithfuls still show up and pack a place

Last week hour and a half before the saints game

dfewrk.jpg

Playing in the rain with Candlestick swirling 15mph winds is totally different from the snow in the Meadowlands.
This will be a muddy game, will be tough sledding. See the Niners on top though

^ ANOTHER Niner fan in the City??? Good god, I need a sig change soon.
laugh.gif

Where's that bar at you posted a pic of?

Eli > Alex
Giants WRs > Niners WRs
rest of Niners offense > rest of NYG offense
NYG front 4 = 49ers front 4 (including Aldon Smith)
rest of 49ers defense > rest of NYG defense
49ers special teams > NYG special teams
49ers coaching staff > NYG staff

Giants are hot right now...but the 9ers have been hot all season. Beating the "hot teams" all year yet never considered to be the hot team.

27-13 Niners....LEEEEEEGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

In Jim We Trust!

It's NYC There are hundreds of different bars that cater to specific fans. Packing a bar with miners fans isn't anything spectacular

Brees > Eli

Saints WRs > Giants WRs

Saints Ground game > Giants Ground game

Yeah that turned ou really well for NO

So I take it Giants fans are relying on their defense to score against an offense that's only turned the ball over what? 10 or 11 times all year? Niners win.

Back
Top Bottom