Official Next-Gen Gaming Thread: Xbox 720 DEVELOPMENT KITS LEAKED !

PS4 Concept Render Features:

• PS4 will be part of the PlayEco line which uses 0 watts in standby.
  • ECO Restart function allows the player to save their game and turn off the console, turn it on and resume the game without loading where they left off.
  • PS4 will automatically shut off primary power after each 30 minute period of playtime and draw energy from a rechargeable battery for 5 minutes.
  • Playr (PlayReserve) rechargeable battery also assists in preventing data loss during a power outage.
  • PS4 offers retro appeal - looks like a mix between a PlayStation 2 Slim and a Memory Card.
  • PlayStation 4 will be made of 60% recycled material, a magnesium alloy and carbon (25%).
  • PS4 is light and efficient, weighs only 2.1 KG, and consumes only 90 watts.
  • PS4 will be compatible with PS Vita, allowing players to use it as a remote control for browsing the Internet or play some games using the touch capabilities.
  • PlayStation 4 will also be compatible with Sony tabs and all Sony devices with multitasking capability allowing users to pause a game, go to PlayStation Community Gaming, watch videos on the YouTube application and resume the game.
  • PlayStation Community Gaming will be a portal dedicated to gamers, where you can chat (text or video) with other players, share your games, walkthroughs, or connect with players having the same game with the search function.
PS4 Concept Render Hardware and Software Specs:

• PS4 will include a 1.5TB HDD
  • Full 3D 4K2K compatible, DLNA, DPhdmi (HDMI Connect)
  • 3D Blu-ray (Blu Ray DEUCE Compatible: 3 times more data than the classic Blu ray disc)
  • USB 3.0
  • DPConnect Bravia Sync
  • Qriocity
  • Sony Ericsson Sync
  • Cloud Saving
  • Live TV and applications
  • DPHDMI (or HDMI Connect) - If users do not have a compatible DPConnect TV's, the DPHDMI allows to connect the console to your TV wirelessly.
  • All audio systems are detected automatically.
  • Open Reality support on some games, meaning they will reproduce the weather and time in real time.
  • DPConnect Advanced allows PS4 to connect wirelessly to compatible DPConnect TVs - no HDMI or other A/V cables required.
  • TVs will be automatically detected and selected according to the resolution of the screen by default - all in less than 4ms.
  • DPConnect Advanced allows for two (or six) players on two (or six) different TVs with the same console, so everyone can see his game without splitscreen. The distance between the console and the TV should be 7.5m maximum.
  • PS4 controller has a light sensor (for screen luminosity), an option screen to adjust settings such as the rigidity of the analog sticks (the stick will be difficult to maneuver in some parts of certain games for total immersion), and the battery level.
  • PS4 screen allows players to access options including battery management and some option adjustments of the PS4 console without pausing.
  • PS4 Controls charge via USB or inductive charging.
  • PS4 includes a one-touch power button, and all options appear.
Feel free to share your feedback on whether this PS4 concept design would float or sink, or if you have any other ideas for PlayStation 4 features!

Obvious fake but could you imagine specs like this
eek.gif

a little too soon, PS3 especially needs room to breathe just me tho
id wait just because we know how quickly tech advances and Wii competitor really isnt innovative 

coming from a causal gamer tho 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MistahCookie

Originally Posted by brdly

maaaaaannnnnnnn

i aint trying to hear nothing from sony until they give me kingdom hearts 3

sounds like you guys are asking the wrong company
ohwell.gif
, sony doesnt make kingdom hearts

Originally Posted by mp3911

PS4 will run Google TV or some customized version of Android, calling it.

you realize that consoles are supposed to be as "secure" as possible and that there's absolutely nothing secure about android right?
laugh.gif
  not to mention a bloated OS is exactly what a console doesnt need

never thought of it, but you might be right...
does that mean microsoft will run iOS? 
laugh.gif

anyways..

i'd like to see cross platform online gaming... meaning, xbox users and ps3 users on the same network for online. 

would love to play people who have an xbox using my ps3, and vice versa. i'm pretty sure this would be highly appreciated amongst gamers. all you need is a damn system, and you can play your friends.

this would only work on games that aren't exclusive to that one console (of course)

Originally Posted by al3x89

laugh.gif

anyways..

i'd like to see cross platform online gaming... meaning, xbox users and ps3 users on the same network for online. 

would love to play people who have an xbox using my ps3, and vice versa. i'm pretty sure this would be highly appreciated amongst gamers. all you need is a damn system, and you can play your friends.

this would only work on games that aren't exclusive to that one console (of course)

Same here. If me and my people got the same game but different systems we can't play!? If my computer is hp and my homeboy has a dell we can still play PC online. IJS.

Originally Posted by al3x89

laugh.gif

anyways..

Nah, Microsoft got its own ecosystem with Windows. It'll probably have tight integration with Windows 8 and WP7/8. I don't see cross-platform happening with PS4 and Xbox, though. However, with Windows 8 and Xbox Live, possibly.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

you realize that consoles are supposed to be as "secure" as possible and that there's absolutely nothing secure about android right?
laugh.gif

Android's open source. Sony can take it and lock it up as tightly as they want and encrypt the whole damn thing. They can also customize the hell out of it.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Sony promised a 10 year life cycle, if they announce at E3 (which I doubt), I'm gonna be extremely pissed, there is still life in the PS3 left

ps2 had a 10 year life cycle while the ps3 came out in 2006

sony never said that they wouldnt wait 10 years to release a new console, just that they would still support it

you realize sony was still releasing games for ps2 even in 2008 right?
they're still making ps2 games NOW... i had to double take when i saw 2k12 on the ps2

I honestly feel these existing consoles could last another 2-3 years, if not more. Unless the in game graphics are going to look like those cgi cut scenes during gameplay, it ain't worth it.

Originally Posted by presequel

I honestly feel these existing consoles could last another 2-3 years, if not more. Unless the in game graphics are going to look like those cgi cut scenes during gameplay, it ain't worth it.

Regardless of what the article says I doubt the next Sony and Microsoft consoles get unveiled this year, probably in 2013 with the consoles actually dropping the following year.

Either way I'm good with my PS3 for now.

cmoneymontana wrote:
ps4-game-console-design.jpg

nerd.gif

sick.gif

Whoever did this mock..
30t6p3b.gif

Why would they go back to the PS2 font and colors? I mean.. It's not completely far fetched, but it's not exactly next gen either. And that controller looks like hell to hold. Where the hell are you going to put a big !** desk clock like that in an entertainment center?

That's a big fail on the thirty two o' fiver.

I just wonder when/if Apple is gonna get into the console market. I probably won't buy it, but I am quite curious as to what they can do against Sony and Microsoft.

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

^ That's ABA Taker walking out right hombre?

Yeah, it is.
laugh.gif

Damn, PlayStation got me feeling like a fool. Eff it, though. I'll pony up for the PS4, I guess.
tired.gif

Until Sony or MS confirms it themselves, I'll take this "report" with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I hope they changed those damn names

PS4 AND 720

WE AIN'T TRYNNA DO NO GEOMETRY, WE TRYNNA PLAY SUM GAMES

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dill Doe.

I will wait until they work out the new system glitches and the majority of my friends get it.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I hope they changed those damn names

PS4 AND 720

WE AIN'T TRYNNA DO NO GEOMETRY, WE TRYNNA PLAY SUM GAMES

eyes.gif
I don't think you know who Chad Warden is.

laugh.gif

Android's open source. Sony can take it and lock it up as tightly as they want and encrypt the whole damn thing. They can also customize the hell out of it.

then what exactly is the point of having it if theyre going to lock it up?  so that they can have the same "certified" apps as the ones on their own operating system?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I just wonder when/if Apple is gonna get into the console market. I probably won't buy it, but I am quite curious as to what they can do against Sony and Microsoft.

the pippin sucked 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom