OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

God DAMN, did anyone notice its raining hard as Hell outside?
eek.gif
my satellite just went out and I had no idea it was because of the rain
laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ me....

Yeah, it started raining over here right after the Yankee game ended.

Mother nature let us live tonight.
pimp.gif

Aint that the truth...one min I'm eating my steak and potatoes, and then out of no where you get a huge down pour.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

God DAMN, did anyone notice its raining hard as Hell outside?
eek.gif
my satellite just went out and I had no idea it was because of the rain
laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ me....

Gus & Clyde pondering whether Z Bo is injured or not, and why he isn't in the game right now.
laugh.gif
Come on fellas, yall know what it is...

Aint that the truth i feel like my roof is about to fall down. And gus and clyde have been maing me
roll.gif
all game those 2 are straight comedy together. we were winning and Clyde startedsinging the Rolling Stones and was like "We're actually winning."

any way
pimp.gif
lets get this L yo
EDIT: there we go
pimp.gif

If Minny loses dnt let them get any breathing room on us, they are playing better ball and we will fall back on them. we got memphis tommorow which is huge andwe need to fall behind them as well so we need a Big L tomorrow.

Iight im out
pimp.gif

So happy to see the knicks lose...The only thing that bothered me was when they showed Malik Rose for a few seconds. He is probably our only real veteranleader, and he deserves better than us.

The losing really isn't hurting anyone else on the team, but it is hurting Malik. He deserves to go to another team where he can actually help with hisveteran leadership/experience. The sad part is, he is the only player that knows how to win.
smh.gif

I agree, I kinda feel sorry for Malik. Then again I dont, because he was apart of that team that smashed our hopes of winning a title back in 99
frown.gif

^^You and I both know, the Knicks had no chance that year to win. Tim Duncan was phenomenal, and Robinson was himself. Without Ewing, we had no chance.

jamals shot selection
laugh.gif

anyones page count messed up? says theres only 118 pages in thread display but once in thread theres 121

Francis

so, theres a rumor going around that one of the candidates for the head coach position for the Knicks is Walt Cycle Frazier.

What do you guys think about this?

According to ESPNEWS Donnie's going to be introduced as Knicks President of Basketball Operations.

I can't wait to see what he has to say. I hope he mentions rebuilding.

And hopefully Isiah is out after this season.

[h1]Knicks set to announce hiring of Walsh as president[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: April 2, 2008, 1:23 AM ET

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks will turn their basketball operations over to Donnie Walsh on Wednesday.

nba_a_walsh_65.jpg

Walsh

The Knicks will announce the hiring of Walsh as their new president at a news conference, a person with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the move has not been made official yet. The press conference is at 1 p.m. at Madison Square Garden.

Walsh, the longtime Indiana Pacers executive, will replace Isiah Thomas as president. Thomas is also the Knicks' coach.

Thomas' future remains unclear. He has repeatedly said he expects to be with the Knicks next season, but that likely will be up to Walsh -- who hired Thomas to coach the Pacers in 2000.

The Knicks fell to 20-54 with a 119-115 overtime loss at Milwaukee on Tuesday. They continue their five-game road trip Wednesday at Memphis.

Word of Walsh's hiring came long after the loss to the Bucks, but Thomas was asked following the game if he would have any regrets if his tenure as coach was ending.

"No, I look back and I look at what we started with and where we're going and I think we have a very bright future," Thomas said.

Walsh recently announced he was leaving the Pacers after 24 years with the organization. He joined the Pacers' front office as general manager in 1986, became team president in 1988 and CEO in 2003. He helped the franchise rise from NBA laughingstock to title contender.

Indiana reached the Eastern Conference finals six times and won the Central Division four times during Walsh's stay as an executive. The Pacers reached the NBA Finals in 2000, when they lost to the Los Angeles Lakers, and had the league's best record in 2004.

"I've often, when I needed some basketball advice, he's on a short list of people that I pick up the phone and call around the league for just basketball matters," NBA commissioner David Stern said last week. "And he works and works and works."

Walsh has had a lesser role in recent years since the Pacers hired Larry Bird as their president in 2003. Walsh had previously said he wouldn't reveal any plans about his future until after the season.

The Knicks haven't won a playoff game since Thomas arrived as president in December 2003 and could be headed for the first 60-loss season in franchise history. Still, Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan has remained loyal to Thomas, though he has not spoken to the media since rewarding him with a multiyear contract extension last March.

Reports surfaced late last month that Dolan had preliminary talks with Walsh. Negotiations moved quickly, with the Knicks apparently not even interviewing anyone else for the job.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Thomas BETTER be out. if you're gonna do something, do it right. i wouldnt even retain him as a scout

wow, really..not even for the draft? ...I wouldn't to be mad if he stayed as scout...but that's all I would want to happen if Thomas does stay withthe knicks
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

so, theres a rumor going around that one of the candidates for the head coach position for the Knicks is Walt Cycle Frazier.

What do you guys think about this?

i've heard he's asked to be some sort of defensive coach...but nothing about being head coach...he's been pretty adamant about not wanting toget involved in coaching

Back
Top Bottom