Official New Yawk Knicks vs the Cleveland Cavaliers thread - Nov. 6th 2009 Vol. LBJ 2010

knicks.gif
vs.
Cleveland-Cavaliers.jpg

Madison Square Garden - November 6th, 2009. 8:00 PM

Let the games begin...
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
cavaliers_logo_75.gif
Cleveland Cavaliers
Record: 3-3

Injury Report:
Leon Powe: Left Knee Surgery (O)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
knicks_logo_75.gif
New York Knicks
Record: 1-4

Injury Report:
Eddy Curry: Torn Right Plantaris Muscle (O)
Nate Robinson: Sprained Right Ankle (O)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]INJURY KEY: O: Out | D: Doubtful | Q: Questionable | P: Probable | DTD: Day-to-Day | GTD: Game-Time Decision | TBD: To Be Determined[/td] [/tr][/table] [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]CLEVELAND CAVALIERS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Forward
anderson_varejao.jpg

Varejao[/td] [td]Forward
lebron_james.jpg

James[/td] [td]Center
shaquille_oneal.jpg

O'Neal[/td] [td]Guard
anthony_parker.jpg

Parker[/td] [td]Guard
maurice_williams.jpg

Williams[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]NEW YORK KNICKS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Forward
danilo_gallinari.jpg

Gallinari[/td] [td]Forward
wilson_chandler.jpg

Chandler[/td] [td]Center
david_lee.jpg

Lee[/td] [td]Guard
larry_hughes.jpg

Hughes[/td] [td]Guard
chris_duhon.jpg

Duhon[/td] [/tr][/table]

indifferent.gif
@ me for not being able to attend.

Dantoni better be on his Ps and Qs tonight, along with the rest of this team.

I expect Lebron put on a show since this is the only time we go down to MSG this year (Thankfully)

Nov 06, 2009 12:03 AM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
LeBron James and the Cavaliers will travel to New York for their only appearance of the 2009-10 season, which has special significance due to the Knicks' blatant pursuit of him.

"I've thought about playing everywhere," James said prior to Thursday's loss against Chicago. "At one point in my life, I've thought about playing every team in the NBA."

When asked what he might tell the New York media before Friday's game, James said: "There will be a lot of intensity, the fact that we only play there once. July 1 is right around the corner, so it will be exciting. I'm looking forward to winning an NBA championship here. It is going to be a long season and I can't think about what is going to happen July 1 or after that or what I'm going to do. We'll see what happens, I've never given any indication I'll leave Cleveland or be somewhere else. It doesn't matter where I'll be, I'm good enough to help a team win basketball games."

James did admit that the league would be better off if the Knicks were a contending team.

"You look at history. It is like the Yankees. The big time franchises that have a lot of history, it is hard for the fans to look at what they've been looking at the last few years," he said. "Because they know the history of what has gone into the Garden. So I can understand that as a fan and I know because I know the history of the game. I think the league is doing just fine, but with the Knicks being good, the Celtics being good, the Lakers being good, it makes the league that much better. I'm talking as a fan now, please understand."

Nov 06, 2009 11:09 AM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
Dan Gilbert is reportedly terrified that if the Cavaliers are unable to return to the Finals, LeBron James will leave Cleveland for New York, says a source close to the owner that spoke with Peter Vecsey.

The Cavaliers have started the 2009-10 season with a 3-3 record.

laugh.gif

"You look at history. It is like the Yankees. The big time franchises that have a lot of history, it is hard for the fans to look at what they've been looking at the last few years," he said. "Because they know the history of what has gone into the Garden. So I can understand that as a fan and I know because I know the history of the game. I think the league is doing just fine, but with the Knicks being good, the Celtics being good, the Lakers being good, it makes the league that much better. I'm talking as a fan now, please understand."
Interesting quote.

Peter Vescey deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award. Dude just literally just makes stuff up, gets paid for it, and is still around.

Those quotes are very, hmmm, interesting.

LeBron wants the Knicks to be good, and he thinks he's good enough to help a team win games.

All bias aside, that would scare me as a Cavs fan.
laugh.gif

Who knows though, we'll see this summer.

LeBron's open letter to New York

LeBron James: Dear New York

06 November 2009

Dear New York,

Thank you for welcoming me back to New York City, one of my favorite places to play in the world. The Big Apple has always been good to me so I wanted to do something special to show my appreciation.

With this in mind, on November 7, 2009, I'm going to open seven gyms around NYC to host free open runs for high-school aged players. I remember being in high school and just wanting to play ball as the seasons changed from fall to winter. The Ohio winter made it tough to play outside so I always saw the opportunity to play in a nice gym as a gift.

It is in giving that I've found the most strength, whether it's on the court with my teammates or at home with my family. In giving this gift of the game to New York City, I was to share that strength with people who love the game as much as I do.

Peace,

LeBron James

Open Gym locations:

* Long Island University Schwartz Center, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY (3:00 PM to 6:00 PM)
* John Jay College 899 10th Avenue, New York, NY, (4:00 PM to 6:00 PM)
* Lost Battalion Hall 9329 Queens Boulevard, Flushing, NY (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
* Boys & Girls Republic 888 East 6th Street, New York, NY (1:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
* Ebbets Field Middle School 352 46 McKeever Place, Brooklyn, NY (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
* Hunter College 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
* Asphalt Green 555 East 90th Street, New York, NY (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)

All participants under the age of 18 will need a signed waiver by their parent or guardian. These can be downloaded at http://www.94by50.com/giftofthegame.

That's awesome of him.

Cavs fans gotta be a little bit salty. It's like dude is flirting with a super model right in front of his high school sweetheart.
laugh.gif

My dude givin the whole city gifts and @#$%.
laugh.gif

Naw, he don't got no interest in that place. None.
nerd.gif

Good gesture though. I loved open gyms as a kid.
pimp.gif

With all these little subliminals he throws out, If he doesnt go to NY he is going to get booed like no Other @ MSG. Got Knicks fans wetting the bed withanticipation. I guess it keeps him in the medias eye if he is going to keep giving half assed comments about the situation.

But you cant fault him. Leave your options open. Dont be like Boozer and say one thing then do another. Either way the man is going to get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.If the Knicks can pull him and Wade/Amare/Bosh I dont see why he doesnt go. At this point if you take Bron off the Cavs they are pretty much like the Knicks asfar as talent goes anyways. He alone at the very least gets them into the playoffs. Then you get FAs wanting to go there again.

Bottom line, it would be huge if Bron could bring the Knicks back to life and give them a chance @ a title. The Cavs on the other hand. Not that big of a deal.

I'm seriously almost hoping the Cavs lose tonight, only because I think it will be Mike Brown's ticket out of CLE.

Back
Top Bottom