Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1725404826390.png

Anybody have both 990v3 raw amethyst and olive leaf? I’m torn between which one to get (can only get one with resale prices).

I like the raw amethyst more but I think I’ll wear the olive leaf a lot more. Olive leaf is about $50 less too.

Which one would you get?

Anybody have both 990v3 raw amethyst and olive leaf? I’m torn between which one to get (can only get one with resale prices).

I like the raw amethyst more but I think I’ll wear the olive leaf a lot more. Olive leaf is about $50 less too.

Which one would you get?
The olive leaf is definitely easier to wear but the raw amethyst look better imo. It's really about which is more fun to wear and more easier to wear. Neither are a bad option. For me I knew I'd always run into an olive colored sneaker, especially by new balance, that I'd like and get some use out of. Not a ton of sneakers like the raw amethyst so it's just a more fun wear to me.

Also "more wearable" doesn't always equate to "more wear", for me at least. I had a period where I was only going for the most wearable colors but still ended up gravitating to the same few pairs and wishing I had pairs with a bit more pop.

The olive leaf is definitely easier to wear but the raw amethyst look better imo. It's really about which is more fun to wear and more easier to wear. Neither are a bad option. For me I knew I'd always run into an olive colored sneaker, especially by new balance, that I'd like and get some use out of. Not a ton of sneakers like the raw amethyst so it's just a more fun wear to me.

Also "more wearable" doesn't always equate to "more wear", for me at least. I had a period where I was only going for the most wearable colors but still ended up gravitating to the same few pairs and wishing I had pairs with a bit more pop.

I think if you a NB head, odds are you already own 5-10 'wearable' neutral CW's anyway in the collection.

Eventually you get to that point where you want to fill out the collection with the more unique CW's.

Then again you also can never have enough Grey shoes.

These or the 990v6 castlerock moonrock are gonna be my next purchase. Got bids on both right now on Stockx and Goat. Just waiting to see which one gets picked up first.
Depending on your size (and your bids), just keep an eye on this thread, both have been available for decent discounts.

Depending on your size (and your bids), just keep an eye on this thread, both have been available for decent discounts.
I've seen a few deals pop up in here but nothing for EU sites yet. Plus that sz 13 is already hard to find :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom