Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

75FF3AC5-2A75-417B-824F-727B7C7228BF.jpeg

Have my second pair of Rain Cloud 2002r ready as trade bait for those Jound's, I'm hoping price isn't stupid off rip.

Sizes 9-10

What's the general sizing consensus on the 990v3? I've been looking to buy the navy pair and my true size is just impossible to find without having to pay the European price or resale price (~$240). I've heard mixed things about sizing. I normally go true to size in my Air Max 90s and most of my other shoes. I also like to have a bit of wiggle room, too.

What's the general sizing consensus on the 990v3? I've been looking to buy the navy pair and my true size is just impossible to find without having to pay the European price or resale price (~$240). I've heard mixed things about sizing. I normally go true to size in my Air Max 90s and most of my other shoes. I also like to have a bit of wiggle room, too.
If you like wiggle room and already have wiggle room in your Nikes, I think still going down half a size for the v3s would work for you. I'd say if the nikes were a one-to-one fit you could go with the same size for the v3s. The v3s, a long with mostly all the MiUSA models, fit a bit wider and longer. I like wiggle room also but I can size down in v3s from my infrared AM90s.

Last edited:
If you like wiggle room and already have wiggle room in your Nikes, I think still going down half a size for the v3s would work for you. I'd say if the nikes were a one-to-one fit you could go with the same size for the v3s. The v3s, a long with mostly all the MiUSA models, fit a bit wider and longer. I like wiggle room also but I can size down in v3s from my infrared AM90s.

Thank you! I may have some hope after all. I guess in reference, I feel like I can size down on my Jordan 1 since it has some extra toebox space for me there with my true size.

For me, all miUSA models fit a 1/2 size down from my usual Nike sizing. Since my feet are on the narrow end, I’m more concerned about the shoes’ length rather than the width. With that said, I’ve noticed, when comparing to my Nikes (pretty much across the board), all my miUSA models are still a bit longer even in a 1/2 size down from my Nikes.

For me, all miUSA models fit a 1/2 size down from my usual Nike sizing. Since my feet are on the narrow end, I’m more concerned about the shoes’ length rather than the width. With that said, I’ve noticed, when comparing to my Nikes (pretty much across the board), all my miUSA models are still a bit longer even in a 1/2 size down from my Nikes.
This is definitely true also. If I go another half size to shorten the shoe then I start seeing problems with the width. Obviously I'd rather have a shoe a little longer than tighter on the edges. It's not like it's causing heel slippage or anything like that.

Last edited:
Haven’t posted in a while but I figured this may be helpful. Hope this didn’t involve anyone here.
I bought what I thought were the NB 992GG off eBay, the navy. The listing had that model number and described the shoes as navy/grey. I thought they looked a bit black, but figured it was the lighting. The shoes go to the eBay authenticity service and then get shipped to me. The shoes are the 992EB, the black. It’s on the box and on the shoe tongue.

I liked them more than I thought I would but wanted seller to refund me $25 or so for the price difference. I couldn’t contact seller because eBay’s authenticity service does not allow it. I opened up an eBay cancel/return. Nope. eBay denied it because seller does not accept returns. They tell me I can appeal their decision. Good luck finding out how to appeal. I emailed customer service and they send me a link where I can upload photos and describe the problem. I do that, they agree with me and refund my money. So free shoes. Except my 14 year old who only wears Nike/Yeezy looks at them and tells me “ I might need to rock those”.
3E64DD52-8555-4200-A057-55E4D0B857C0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom