Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

image.jpg

Sneaker Politics order came today. My cat makes wearing black so damn hard.
Try living with a 100lb lab lol, great cop!

My GYs are seconds. They originally had a tiny red mark on the suede. Got rid of it with a suede eraser. Honestly some of the shoes that have that stamp on the box have very minor imperfections if at all.

Only imperfection I saw was a bit of scratched leather in the leather liner. Other than that I don't see anything wrong with them. But now I'm over here wondering if that scratch was the reason :angry:

m997gy-jpg.2570864

You're ****ting me. No wonder I got mine for under retail on GOAT... WTF :angry:. The box is stamped SECOND - I was wondering wtf that meant.

The NB Factory Store near me sells NEW 990v5 and 993s. The boxes are stamped 'second' I asked about it , and they said it doesn't mean that they are flawed, but rather they are overstock from the factory. They also sell them for maybe $5 under MSRP, which makes me believe them.

However, when you see 'second' from Joe's outlet, they clearly state that the shoes may have factory flaws, so no idea.

I need these...did they even release stateside??
been eyeing those 👀👀

Not gonna lie, these look even more fire mirrored lol. For a second I actually thought they were actually made with the lettering flipped and that's what made them seconds lmao. If NB actually dropped a pair like that I'd be in for one for sure haha.

In for sure 💯
997 ‘reflections of the grey days’

Last edited:
Only imperfection I saw was a bit of scratched leather in the leather liner. Other than that I don't see anything wrong with them. But now I'm over here wondering if that scratch was the reason :angry:
Man I wouldn’t even be bothered. I’d gladly buy another pair of seconds from an outlet. I’ve worn these over the past 5 years more than any of my other NB’s, and the quality is still there.

I think one of the stitched letters on the heel is slightly crooked or something light :lol:

id really like a pair of navy us 991’s
not so much the uk ones for some reason.
i think if i order of nb.eu they be uk right?

even if you copped them from the US new balance site, they would be made in the UK. all new 991’s are made in england. the older ones were made in the US.

Back
Top Bottom