Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Man that implies that someone would spend on a NB 1700 at least 20% over the already hilarious retail and shipping cost. Thats Bold! I wish you good fortune in the Wars to come!

I mean if there is resale people will, which there is. What NB may have a problem with is GR's if they are trying to sell for $200. Which I know just about everyone in the thread would laugh at and will likley sit and hit huge sales. Why I think placing such a high markup on the first retro CW's can be detrimental to sales down the road.

Man that implies that someone would spend on a NB 1700 at least 20% over the already hilarious retail and shipping cost. Thats Bold! I wish you good fortune in the Wars to come!

I mean if there is resale people will, which there is. What NB may have a problem with is GR's if they are trying to sell for $200. Which I know just about everyone in the thread would laugh at and will likley sit and hit huge sales. Why I think placing such a high markup on the first retro CW's can be detrimental to sales down the road.

hypebeasts eat this kind of **** up. 1700 total pairs, Kith/RF, self important "colorist" bs. they'll sell probably at 5-6 at the highest which is still a good margin

hypebeasts eat this kind of **** up. 1700 total pairs, Kith/RF, self important "colorist" bs. they'll sell probably at 5-6 at the highest which is still a good margin

Unfortunately the hype train ends at the RF release for the 1700's. Highly doubt sales for GR will fly at the door for retail.

what's retail for these? surely nothing more than 200 right?

With the the 20% logic it would be but personally I don't see them worth more than $160, maybe $180 tops at retail price. Personally I would value a pair to actually cop and wear at $50-80. The model isn't the best or should I say not my cup of tea. Don't want to offend anyone....

With the the 20% logic it would be but personally I don't see them worth more than $160, maybe $180 tops at retail price. Personally I would value a pair to actually cop and wear at $50-80. The model isn't the best or should I say not my cup of tea. Don't want to offend anyone....

Eh it’s charmingly ugly like the 1500. With the right colorway it has potential

Eh it’s charmingly ugly like the 1500. With the right colorway it has potential

1500 is much more sleek and paneling offers much more to play around with. 1700 are just bulbous looking, in a bad way and is a simple azorb. Reason it has been in the vaults for so long. Funny how all of sudden it was Ronnies favorite NB. Wonder how much they paid him for that comment!

1500 is much more sleek and paneling offers much more to play around with. 1700 are just bulbous looking, in a bad way and is a simple azorb. Reason it has been in the vaults for so long. Funny how all of sudden it was Ronnies favorite NB. Wonder how much they paid him for that comment!

It’s better looking than the 1700 but it’s still ugly IMO

and the ronnie comment is 75% hypebeast douchery I’m sure

New model intro Screenshot_20200131-114922.jpg Screenshot_20200131-114919.jpg

dunno if anyone else was into NBs 20 years ago but some of you might remember that original 1700s were $200 retail back then (1600s were $180, 1300s were $130)
$60 more for a limited collab aint that bad from that perspective.

They have always set a high price tag on products and like today they move to sale pretty quickly.

They have always set a high price tag on products and like today they move to sale pretty quickly.
Every brand has their items that match the retail of comparable products form other brands, as well as those that push the price envelope. The 1700 sold fine as did models that followed soon after in the series (2000-2001). After that it changed and from what I could tell they struggled to sell them (2002 and up), but being a private owned company you cannot find any accurate sales figures.

Back
Top Bottom