Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I've learned that one way or another, all GR releases hit discount and it depends on how long you wanna wait. The outlets here in Boston will eventually get them at half off for sure since no one pays retail at the Flagship store and a large portion of their leftover stock goes to the outlets in Brighton. I also think the 990V2 is a slept on model, even with the Concepts release- I'd wait it out if I were you (I'm doing the same thing).
Ok thats pretty much what I was thinking too. I really never make it to outlets but if you ever go and see any 990V2 in a size 9 could you let me know??
Honestly man you can waste tons of time looking at outlets and searching thru google pages for sales but Ebay is the best place to find everything for discount, at some point in time I have seen prob 80% of the GR's released within the last year pop up on there and most of them are at least 30% off. You can also set up alerts for any search so whatever model your looking for Ebay will email you when someone puts up a listing of that shoe. 

Honestly man you can waste tons of time looking at outlets and searching thru google pages for sales but Ebay is the best place to find everything for discount, at some point in time I have seen prob 80% of the GR's released within the last year pop up on there and most of them are at least 30% off. You can also set up alerts for any search so whatever model your looking for Ebay will email you when someone puts up a listing of that shoe. 

Yep, I just found 998 DBOAs for $80. eBay has been great for me. I've even found some of my favorite concepts collabs (Nike Free 1.0 and SEAL NB 999) for well below retail.

don't think 992's are available. a local spot by me has one pair been sitting since 2004 prob. 993's basically have the same upper as the 991 tho. just got my first pair of 990v3 (bk) today. they're super clean and honestly weren't even on my radar until very recently. i'm going all in on the dad shoes now. i'm still the og retro prince but i'm all about comfort right now
Yea 992 is really hard to find. I haven't even seen one in person in Hong Kong. Haven't seen much decent quality ones in ebay of my size. I also get a grey 993 and I think the 990v2 fits me better. 

Yea I just found a pair of MiUS M1600 with grey leather for 60usd deadstock. Now I just hope the sole doesn't fall off when I open the box..... 

I have been trying to find a US 13 in the new made in UK 991's for the longest time, I think they are vastly underrated and the UK versions are the best quality. But apparently no one can count past 12 in England 
eyes.gif
I have my eyes on the M991WGN for a while.....definitely waiting for it to hit disco 
smokin.gif

Have no idea who this guy is but saw his fit and what he was wearing (990SR4) and I thought it was dope. IMO this is proof that with the right fit the 990V4 is a pretty dope shoe! Definitely gonna be on the lookout for my size in that color way!

Yea 992 is really hard to find. I haven't even seen one in person in Hong Kong. Haven't seen much decent quality ones in ebay of my size. I also get a grey 993 and I think the 990v2 fits me better. 
wish the v2 was more comfortable for me. every pair i've tried has a weird ridge going across the heel under the insole. shape is so fire on those
Have no idea who this guy is but saw his fit and what he was wearing (990SR4) and I thought it was dope. IMO this is proof that with the right fit the 990V4 is a pretty dope shoe! Definitely gonna be on the lookout for my size in that color way!
dave east is a rapper from harlem. he's done tracks with juelz santana, nas, fabolous, styles p...  its a fresh color for sure. after coming around to the black v3 my next cop is gonna be the navy v4. its all about how you rock it--not what you're rocking. if you have style you can make anything work. nb was never about style anyway--its anti-style. and that IS  style

Last edited:

Yea I just found a pair of MiUS M1600 with grey leather for 60usd deadstock. Now I just hope the sole doesn't fall off when I open the box..... 
Made in USA 1600's?? Those must be old because I can't even remember a time when they were made stateside unless its one of the original year releases and thats what you meant when said hope the sole doesn't fall off. Personally the 1600 is one of my favs and I have been hoping and hoping they re-make it here in the states with the other heritage models. Seems like now a days they only release the 1600 in women colorways or euro releases. 

These salmon 990s are incredible I'd like to buy in person with somewhat of a deal.. I'm searching all around NB.com
Has them FSR but still retail of course

my store sold out of salmon 990s three times...this is, of course, Philly, where 990s outnumber Jordans 10 to 1...i dont think NB is going to send us anymore, as they are mostly sold out at this point, 

my store sold out of salmon 990s three times...this is, of course, Philly, where 990s outnumber Jordans 10 to 1...i dont think NB is going to send us anymore, as they are mostly sold out at this point, 

Thank you for the heads up, I may need to go ahead and bite the bullet

Made in USA 1600's?? Those must be old because I can't even remember a time when they were made stateside unless its one of the original year releases and thats what you meant when said hope the sole doesn't fall off. Personally the 1600 is one of my favs and I have been hoping and hoping they re-make it here in the states with the other heritage models. Seems like now a days they only release the 1600 in women colorways or euro releases. 
That surprised me as well. I was looking for a pair of 1600 grey in Japan's website for a while but no decent ones pop up. The sole of the one I got definitely looks yellow on the pic. Anyway I will get it in a few days and will post some pics 
happy.gif

I have three pairs of USA 1600s from the mid and late 90s and none of them are wearable... Beware...Still a much better quality shoe than current 1600s. The leather that NB used back then was top notch

I have three pairs of USA 1600s from the mid and late 90s and none of them are wearable... Beware...Still a much better quality shoe than current 1600s. The leather that NB used back then was top notch
I kinda expect it.....do you guys think I could do a sole swap and wear this beauty? I don't have a huge collection and would like to wear every pair I have

Btw ebay linky for reference:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BALANCE...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:

I kinda expect it.....do you guys think I could do a sole swap and wear this beauty? I don't have a huge collection and would like to wear every pair I have

Btw ebay linky for reference:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BALANCE...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Those are better quality than I expected, I think a sole swap may be difficult because the current soles they put on the 1600 are garbage. It may just be worth it to wear them til they fall apart then maybe think about swapping the soles but I'm sure the shoe last have changed over the years and the current soles may not even fit the upper of the old 90's 1600's.

*someone is selling a new pair for 400 and it looks exactly the same as the used one that went for 52 lol. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom