Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the UK Yard pack is dropping sooner that I thought.

I hope yall are saving your pennies for 2017, because if you thought 2016 had a lot of bangers, wait til 2017. More 991.5s, more 247s, more collabs, more hybrids, more reengineered, more deconstructed, more colorways of your favorite models and newer models, dope apparel, etc.
This is not good news for my wallet, brother. Not good news at all.

I remember being on the fence about the 991.5 but they're an absolute banger in person and especially on foot. I've actually worn the 991.5 the most out of all my surplus pack pairs- I absolutely love it. But I think they absolutely killed it with this new color way from the yard pack. I'm glad NB is continuing to make more of these, definitely prefer to the original 991 (just my opinion).

Since when does one stock pic mean all pairs are messed up???

Probably means that's how they're constructing the pairs still.

Same with the 998 and the unnecessarily wide *** toe pieces..

Saves me money, but still sad that I see colorways I like but won't buy because of issues like this.

My recent foray with the 1500SP, I picked up I think 4 pairs and mostly all had varying degrees of this going on:

I guess I'm just ranting because there's a bunch in here praising NB quality now, even though I feel they fell off since the cnote / tannery days.

Probably means that's how they're constructing the pairs still.

Same with the 998 and the unnecessarily wide *** toe pieces..

Saves me money, but still sad that I see colorways I like but won't buy because of issues like this.

My recent foray with the 1500SP, I picked up I think 4 pairs and mostly all had varying degrees of this going on:

I guess I'm just ranting because there's a bunch in here praising NB quality now, even though I feel they fell off since the cnote / tannery days.
Fair enough its certainly not as good as it would be but not that bad. To be honest I am really not a shape Nazi and don't see much wrong with that pair of the 1500SP. Also whose going to looking at it that closely. If you put everything under a microscope like that especially a shoe and if it really bothers you that much I think collecting shoe isn't a good hobby for a person.

Day 21. NB1 998 "Star Spangled Banners" (War of 1812 Pack)​
 ​
just as nice as jcrew's indy.  dope.
You guys are ok with stuff like this? The toebox puff so thick it leaves marks?
it's a deal breaker if they keep this up for the 2020 1300jp.   just wondering, but did nb hire new shoemakers/interns this year?   some of my nbs this year didn't look up to par.  still, a minor issue compared to nikes/adidas where glue stains etc are all over the place.  

Last edited:

just as nice as jcrew's indy.  dope.

it's a deal breaker if they keep this up for the 2020 1300jp.   just wondering, but did nb hire new shoemakers/interns this year?  all my nbs prior to 2016 are non-puffed.  
You kind of contradicted yourself by saying a shoe that was made in 2016 is nice and then going on to say all nbs made in 2016 are puffed. Keep up the great work!

You kind of contradicted yourself by saying a shoe that was made in 2016 is nice and then going on to say all nbs made in 2016 are puffed. Keep up the great work!
ah...got me, sort of.  here's my quote: "some of my nbs this year didn't look up to par.  "

to clear the air, most of 2016 were on point. but a few were puffed like both of my  mykonos.   still, a minor issue.  but 2020 jps....no puffies pls. 

Last edited:

ah...got me, sort of.  to clear the air, most of 2016 were on point. but a few were puffed like both of my  mykonos.   still, a minor issue.  but 2020 jps....no puffies pls. 
Well yea because RF always tries to pass his seconds along to customers. Which is why you never do business with kith bunch of scumbags

Well yea because RF always tries to pass his seconds along to customers. Which is why you never do business with kith bunch of scumbags
aight. gonna end this on a positive note. 

RF cool with me. 

time to jump to the RF thread and continue working at the office. 

peace!

Fair enough its certainly not as good as it would be but not that bad. To be honest I am really not a shape Nazi and don't see much wrong with that pair of the 1500SP. Also whose going to looking at it that closely. If you put everything under a microscope like that especially a shoe and if it really bothers you that much I think collecting shoe isn't a good hobby for a person.

The sole not being glued properly and slightly peeling off on a brand new shoe doesn't bother you? I expect that on a Walmart shoe, not NB.

The sole not being glued properly and slightly peeling off on a brand new shoe doesn't bother you? I expect that on a Walmart shoe, not NB.
and I can tell that from an aerial pic of a toe box and never mentioned that in the comment. ALso find it hard to believe that same problem occurred 4 times...

New to the forum and this thread, so first post.

What's a fair price these days for a pair of NB x Fieg Cyclades? Saw some posts in this thread that these are already hitting outlets, but they're at retail or above on StockX? Any help would be really appreciated!

New to the forum and this thread, so first post.

What's a fair price these days for a pair of NB x Fieg Cyclades? Saw some posts in this thread that these are already hitting outlets, but they're at retail or above on StockX? Any help would be really appreciated!

Retail at this point is fair. If you can find below then even better. Facebook groups are best bet to find these for cheap.

Welcome to the thread!

LPU v. 1300

Nothing special but recently discovered an outlet near me. Both a blessing and a curse.

Not sure if I'm feeling the first pair, plus the second pair is a bit comfier sizewise and I dig the CW more.

Thoughts?

Just checked END and saw this, had to screenshot because the links to the shoes are dead most likely not available yet.

1500, 577 and 991.5 are must cops for me

2017 is looking like NB MiUK's year

And just bought VNDS C-notes for 200 shipped

A little higher than some of you guys were paying but for a size 7.5 i can't complain!

1500, 577 and 991.5 are must cops for me

2017 is looking like NB MiUK's year

And just bought VNDS C-notes for 200 shipped

A little higher than some of you guys were paying but for a size 7.5 i can't complain!
Great price on the c-notes.  That pair still eludes me. 

Back
Top Bottom