Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

private group you will not find it. thats the unicorn fb group. been wanting in for a minute. best bet is to get someone in group to hook you up.

no doubt seen a ton of steals in that group that other people have posted. just wish i could get in it. that is the only reason i am salty every time i see something from that group posted.

I had no idea the group was that exclusive. I never see anything in my size worth buying so I've never really considered it helpful. Same as the Air Max groups. Tons of small footers. I rarely see US11 or 11.5.

Last edited:
Just wanted to show some 1500's in the collection... EBN (made in UK) and the United arrows UA

Maybe depends on the material used for the lining? I think when the RF 998 dropped they had a disclaimer saying that the shoe fit differently than other 998... what size are they?
Mine's a US11. 

Same for me, I sold my RF 998's because they were too tight. Much tighter than the same size in GR or the Premier collab

My RF 998s fit tighter as well.

Leather lining + leather tongue + nubuck all over = a tighT fit. 

Not as comfortable as the standard pigskins, mesh fabrics used on most 998s.  

It's still bad as f***.  
Guess I'm not the only one then. I swapped out the insoles for some thin ones but the shoes still feel weird. Guess I have to get rid of them. Will the 998DPHO "Ash" have that same tight fit? That's on my to-buy list right now.

Last edited:

Mine's a US11. 

Guess I'm not the only one then. I swapped out the insoles for some thin ones but the shoes still feel weird. Guess I have to get rid of them. Will the 998DPHO "Ash" have that same tight fit? That's on my to-buy list right now.
I don't have the M998RF, but I do have the DPHO. The DPHO fits just like the rest of the GR.

just based on that one pic everything seems nicely stitched, nothing obviously out of place, i'd say legit.

i'd ask for more tagged pics though

can somebody comment on how the 1500 and especially 577 of the surplus pack fit? should i go with my normal miUK size or do they fit different? i seem to remember somebosy wrote the 1500 fits big, but cannot find the post anymore...

I was watching this video and it made me think of this thread & the people who suffer from color blindness. Good investment imo.. 8)

UnDS to the office today. Any and all off my horween NB'S will never be resold. Walking till the heels fall off. Bottom line!

Director in the office even stopped to give props this morning.

Last edited:
can somebody comment on how the 1500 and especially 577 of the surplus pack fit? should i go with my normal miUK size or do they fit different? i seem to remember somebosy wrote the 1500 fits big, but cannot find the post anymore...

This is my first time posting in here and I'm no expert, but I have the 1500s and they have a bit of room in them (I wear 10.5 and have a bit of a wide foot). Go down .5 for a nice and snug fit. Not too sure about 577s.

Btw, I've been lurching around this thread for a while and gotta say you guys are on your A game! All in all never disappointing. Looking forward to sharing. Cheers!

On feet today:

The surplus 577's fit the same as all my other miUK 577s which for me is .5 down to my 998/997 size. 

It's honestly is one of the bests but in my eyes a lot of the FB groups have gotten worse over the years. I have found better deals on eBay recently. I've even offered great deals on collabs and GRs in the groups and no one bites.
i feel u. Ive had good prices on shoes in the boston thread and no one bites either. Bunch of jordan and adidas heads in there

Back
Top Bottom