Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

They remove VAT based on your shipping address. I have my US address saved in my login info and I usually use the UK site in GBP because it ends up being cheaper for me. After logging in the prices automatically deduct VAT.
How to reach the UK site that charge in gbp? I always directed to the us site after logging

How to reach the UK site that charge in gbp? I always directed to the us site after logging

Change your "Shipping To:" to United Kingdom. This just changes the site you are using, all your info remains the same. Keep in mind that your payment option may or may not charge a conversion fee or use a conversion rate a little lower than the current rate, but I've found that it still ends up being cheaper than the rate End uses.

FYI - "seconds" don't necessarily mean "fake". the NB outlets consider ALL their shoes as "Seconds".

There are 3 types of legit "seconds"
- has a cosmetic blemish and didn't pass inspection
- was a "first" that was sent from a retail store to an outlet after it didn't sell at the retail store
- was an "add-on" at the end of a production run that was sent directly to the outlets

some "legit' seconds are really hard to tell. the NB boxes should all be marked with a "Factory Store" stamp in red ink but i'm told resellers have a way to remove the stamp mark from the box and sell as first run shoes.   

hope this helps 
I was looking at these 997nv on eBay. No box or OG laces but they look legit to me. Not really sure though. Here's the link if anyone wouldn't mind helping me out.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Balance-997GY-Size-11-/282093750709?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-balance-997nv-size-10-5-/282094934965?nav=SEARCH

FYI: next week there's a 30% off tent sale at some outlets... there's new {not preowned} 997s in the clearance section for $89.98 before the 30% off
Unfortunately, the Williamsburg,Va outlet never has anything in it. Good lookin out though.

Yeah I realize there is a difference between factory seconds and fakes lol. Good info though.

Those nv's and Gy's were probably just seconds. The 997nv didn't come in that box and the white laces are missing.

Think I'm gonna do an all over mulled wine nb1
Idk but I really like monochromatic stuff
Wish it was still a super quick turnaround time though so I could see some real life pics of the mulled wine color

Last edited:
Idk but I really like monochromatic stuff. Too bad there arent more color options for the collar accent and speed lace.
Wish it was still a super quick turnaround time though so I could see some real life pics of the mulled wine color

Idk but I really like monochromatic stuff
well if you do post pics please. i am in same boat, i want to see in hand pics before i make one with that color. def  want to make one tho.

well if you do post pics please. i am in same boat, i want to see in hand pics before i make one with that color. def  want to make one tho.

I'm assuming these colors are wine, mulled wine and dusty blossom from heel to toe.

Sorry dude...nothing yesterday at Woodbury and nothing today at Tannersville. There was one size 13 998RO and a 12.5 998CGO at Woodbury yesterday but some dude picked them up before I got there...he was walking the store around with them and then he finally bought them.
all good man no worries! Appreciate the effort :wink:
I'm assuming these colors are wine, mulled wine and dusty blossom from heel to toe.

Honestly think the shell pink is on the mesh portions..im digging these colors, just cant seem to settler on any with that dusty bottom midsole
FYI: next week there's a 30% off tent sale at some outlets... there's new {not preowned} 997s in the clearance section for $89.98 before the 30% off
bless me with some 13s :D

i want that shoe, is that one you made? you think the speed lace and collar accent would look decent in that cherry. the silver just does not seem to tie into anything. dont know if the cherry would but seems closer to the colors used.

i want that shoe, is that one you made? you think the speed lace and collar accent would look decent in that cherry. the silver just does not seem to tie into anything. dont know if the cherry would but seems closer to the colors used.

Nah not one I made. The grey collar accent and speed lace kind of bother me too but I think they would be the best. Cherry could look really random.

yeah i see them now on the upgrade. wish they would have made the wine or mulled wine or blossom as a color for collar and lace accent. need a code. only one i see on ebates is 15% off two and i do not want to drop 3bills.

Honestly think the shell pink is on the mesh portions..im digging these colors, just cant seem to settler on any with that dusty bottom midsole

hmmm i have a feeling you're right..

The more subtle NB1 colours always come out looking differently in real life.

Cyclone was much bluer and darker than what it looked online. Dusty blossom might just be the same.

Definitely gonna wait on a completed pair to surface before committing to making one

Last edited:
hmmm i have a feeling you're right..
The more subtle NB1 colours always come out looking differently in real life.
Cyclone was much bluer and darker than what it looked online. Dusty blossom might just be the same.

Definitely gonna wait on a completed pair to surface before committing to making one

It looks to me like that nb1 pic I posted is a real pair.

i wish pic you posted was one of the one they let you start with so it shows the list of colors. although i with you remy on the color. the toe looks like dusty blossom. if the toe was the pink what would the mid be? and the mid sole looks to be same color as toe/mesh which implies its dusty blossom. i will pull the trigger soon as i get a 15% off thru ebates or nb.

It looks to me like that nb1 pic I posted is a real pair.
ah the midsole does say mulled wine/dusty blossom, so that lighter part of the midsole matches the toe mesh portion.

what threw me off was the pre-made template from NB1 has shell pink on the toe, dusty on the saddle, and mulled wine on the heel.

so i thought that was supposed to match the sample pairs on the NB1 instagram

Back
Top Bottom