Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ehh this is getting old. Blocked.

Back to the kicks fellas. What's the going rate for Steel Blue RFs? How do you guys like your pairs? The RF thread is flooded with Puma talk. I'd rather get a viewpoint from a NB head than an RF head.

@B Sox , you got these right?
I've seen DS pairs around $240-300 and used pairs around $200.  I love mine.  Get tons of compliments everytime I wear them.

Stunnaman still eating off the royalties from Skateboards 2 Scrapers.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 aint heard that in a hot one

M997PR = Boutiques are the new resellers. The shift has happened. These price adjustments on sites gives you an idea of the mark ups involved. Now Its gonna be bad for all of us. Not just the new jacks that lack knowledge and swift fingers. 

Hey sorry to sidetrack the price topic but have the Grey with Navy/Red and yellow hits from the Authors Pack dropped in the states ?. They're 998's no ?

My M997PRs came in from END a few hrs ago. First impression, beautiful in person, but the leather quality on the toungue and such was not what I was expecting for a shoe that retails at $260. I have them in hand already and have yet to be charged any custom fees so I guess im good. Ended up paying under retail and early
nthat.gif

My M997PRs came in from END a few hrs ago. First impression, beautiful in person, but the leather quality on the toungue and such was not what I was expecting for a shoe that retails at $260. I have them in hand already and have yet to be charged any custom fees so I guess im good. Ended up paying under retail and early :nthat:  

Could you post pics ? And how's the fit btw ?

Could you post pics ? And how's the fit btw ?
Upon further inspection im actually pretty dissapointed in these. The quality from my Navys blows these out of the water. Leather feels like cheap pleather, the suede came with a scratch and stains throughout, and the toebox on the right side has too much material. Not really happy at all. Def would not pay $260 for these, and im worried if this is the direction NB is looking to take. Shoe itself is still a dope colorway, and im gonna end up rockin em. Too lazy to get rid of them. Fit is a little long on 997s btw. I wear 10s in most Nikes, 9.5 in all NBs, 9.5 is perfect on these. Oh, and I forgot to mention that there is one lacehole that is literally not punched out at all. I cant run a lace through it unless i physically create the whole myself. Kinda crazy

Last edited:

Upon further inspection im actually pretty dissapointed in these. The quality from my Navys blows these out of the water. Leather feels like cheap pleather, the suede came with a scratch and stains throughout, and the toebox on the right side has too much material. Not really happy at all. Def would not pay $260 for these, and im worried if this is the direction NB is looking to take. Shoe itself is still a dope colorway, and im gonna end up rockin em. Too lazy to get rid of them. Fit is a little long on 997s btw. I wear 10s in most Nikes, 9.5 in all NBs, 9.5 is perfect on these.
Disappointing 
mean.gif

^ seconded. Especially for that price tag, hopefully the Moby D's aren't as rough as these. Also hope these sit and drop in price at least a bit because I really want this shoe but with quality not being up to snuff for the price not sure I can guiltlessly pull the trigger on these.

Oh and repped @HoodyJandro for the pics and feedback.

Last edited:
Yea this is pretty bad. Kinda dont even wanna mess with NB for now anymore. I think im gonna take the L and return these.

Looks like you should, if i had the cash i'd still rock them though, but with a limited budget there's just too many other shoes out there. Also, is it just the angle of the photo but does the box look way too small for them?

Upon further inspection im actually pretty dissapointed in these. The quality from my Navys blows these out of the water. Leather feels like cheap pleather, the suede came with a scratch and stains throughout, and the toebox on the right side has too much material. Not really happy at all. Def would not pay $260 for these, and im worried if this is the direction NB is looking to take. Shoe itself is still a dope colorway, and im gonna end up rockin em. Too lazy to get rid of them. Fit is a little long on 997s btw. I wear 10s in most Nikes, 9.5 in all NBs, 9.5 is perfect on these. Oh, and I forgot to mention that there is one lacehole that is literally not punched out at all. I cant run a lace through it unless i physically create the whole myself. Kinda crazy
I see what you mean. No way not for 250+ this is unacceptable. Thank god i passed cuz i would have been upset.and this is what people are going crazy to spend 200+ for? Lol

Last edited:
I had a feeling the leather was gonna be like that from all the other photos I saw, but dudes kept saying how amazing they were. Meh.

Can someone give info on quality of the cm496 new balance?  Thinking about copping the navy pair and also what about the fit thanks in advance

Am I the only one who thinks the grey 997s are the only nice cw? I have no idea what people see in the navy or the authors cws. 

Navy and Grey are pretty on par to me.. The rest I can live without. People dig the navy's because they're a can't-miss colorway and have a little more going on than the Greys. Nothing worth overanalyzing.

Last edited:
Wow those pics of the tongue of the 997pr really stopped all the chatter about the 997pr. LOL its reeeal quiet in the thread now

Wow those pics of the tongue of the 997pr really stopped all the chatter about the 997pr. LOL its reeeal quiet in the thread now

Good. I don't want people to make the same mistake I made. DO NOT COP. Don't let NB get too comfortable with this kinda shenanigans. These are being shipped back today.

Back
Top Bottom