Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For those interested, here's the TeamNB application process. Please follow all the requirements of this post to insure your application is fully considered. We understand some of you are against the idea of TeamNB, so this is all that will be posted in this thread.

WANT TO BE ON TEAMNB?

** SEND AND EMAIL CONTAINING THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS TO [email protected]. **

** DO NOT POST THE APPLICATION IN THIS THREAD. **

1. CLAIM that you are applying for a spot on the roster. Also INCLUDE your SHOE SIZE and LOCATION.

2. INCLUDE a tagged pic of your NB  collection.

3. EXPLAIN why you like New Balance, and/or what made you interested. Include your favorite NB model.

4. RECEIVE 50% CONSENSUS of approvals from the current members, and you will be officially added to the TeamNB Roster.

5. BADGE it up! Once accepted, we will send you your official numbered TeamNB  badge.

**Credit for this application process goes 100% to [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]illustrayt of TeamROSHE.**[/font]
TEAMNB  EMAIL:  [email protected]

TEAMNB TWITTER:  @teamNTNB

TEAMNB INSTAGRAM:  @teamNB
TEAMNB  MEMBER RULES
  • There is no rank. No member will be "elitist" and have power or authority over the other members.
  • The application and acceptance process will be taken care of off of this post, to avoid any negativity caused by TeamNB.
  • More to come...
  •  

Last edited:
Let's start a discussion: what is the best deal on a pair of new balances that you've purchased?

1. Old or new

2. GR or collab

3. retail price vs. paid price vs. resell price?

4. anything else

It could be a 400$ pair of GR new balances that you bought because you liked them a lot, popular or not, just let us know why. Curious to see what people's tastes are.

Got my Kennedys from Brazil for retail, they released there too... And kappa south Africa.

Should have grabbed more lol

Let's start a discussion: what is the best deal on a pair of new balances that you've purchased?

1. Old or new

2. GR or collab

4. anything else

It could be a 400$ pair of GR new balances that you bought because you liked them a lot, popular or not, just let us know why. Curious to see what people's tastes are.
Picked up these Green UK 576 in the San Diego NB outlet last year:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/new-balance-m576pnw-made-in-england.html

They were $30 and marked as seconds, but I couldn't find anything wrong with them at all.  Great quality shoe in my size for an unbelievable price, it was a no-brainer. They usually go for $120-$130 +shipping on ebay

Last edited:

1. Old or new

2. GR or collab

4. anything else

1. Kennedy 999

2. Collab

3. Free

4. Been waiting to break em out, love the colors

1. RF Steel Blue 999

2. Collab

3. Free

4. Not a fan in fact i hate this shoe, but the trade was too good to pass up, makes good trading bait

1. Fingercroxx 580

2. Collab

3. Retail

4. Love the simplicity of em, one of my favorite collabs to date

1. NYC Marathon 990V3

2. GR

3. Retail

4. Hella comfortable, one of my favorite shoes i own

great posts guys, idk how stunna gets "free" shoes haha,   agree with you nowitness on the BYs1700s, still looking for a backup for cheap

1. BY 1700s

2. collab

3. 170$

4. because it was slept on and I'm impatient I go them but literally one of the most simple and great collabs I've seen in a while, such a versatile shoe

1. Black Pigeons 577

2. collab

3. retail

4. found them on some french sneaker site because they tried to drop them secretly, being so expensive, they also marked the box as gift and cheap to avoid customs

All my other pairs weren't deals but I think they are great pickups

Bargain Bins

1.     576 CSB Lake District (purchased new DS)

2.     Made in England pack

3.     MSRP $160 / Paid $75 shipped / eBay listed @ $168 ($137 + $31 shipping)

4.     Very nice materials, comfortable, comes with map of the lakes and goes with anything.

1.     577 FMN Farmers Market (purchased new DS)

2.     Made in England pack

3.     MSRP $160 / Paid $75 shipped / ebay bin @ $215 shipped

4.     Once again, great materials -waxed canvas, flannel & shearling sockliner. 
  • Great back story, comes w/ yellow cow tag.  Simple grey lace swap and now these are deadly!
& maybe not the most exciting but you got to have beaters!

1.     574 GR (purchased new DS)

2.     GR Made in Vietnam

3.     MSRP $64.99 / Paid $19.99 shipped / PYS listed @ $64.99 + shipping

4.     Standard issue new balance, classic colors, great for an everyday beating, comfortable and seriously goes with anything.
  • An everyday shoe.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/04/ne...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

1. Kennedy 999

2. Collab

3. Free

4. Been waiting to break em out, love the colors

1. RF Steel Blue 999

2. Collab

3. Free

4. Not a fan in fact i hate this shoe, but the trade was too good to pass up, makes good trading bait

1. Fingercroxx 580

2. Collab

3. Retail

4. Love the simplicity of em, one of my favorite collabs to date

1. NYC Marathon 990V3

2. GR

3. Retail

4. Hella comfortable, one of my favorite shoes i own
I'm gonna keep quite about this.  
nthat.gif

For those interested, here's the TeamNB application process. Please follow all the requirements of this post to insure your application is fully considered. We understand some of you are against the idea of TeamNB, so this is all that will be posted in this thread.

Full respect to the quality of your videos really helpful. Don't agree with this Team thing but respect the work your doing elsewhere to help others out.

Stunnaman, why the hate on the Steel Blue 999s? I used to like you man, now I'm starting to think twice. 
tongue.gif

Stunnaman, why the hate on the Steel Blue 999s? I used to like you man, now I'm starting to think twice. 
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
  iunno man..its just a whatevs colorway imo and i just dont support that dude RF one bit..but to those that f*** with him and love his "designs" then more power

..wanna trade? 
tongue.gif

To the dude who referred to me as a GR elitist, I quiet like that. Beats being a Fieg fan boy any day. LOL.

In all seriousness I said in my post that if you were copping the Tazzies cause you genuinely like them good luck to you. You need to ask yourself if these did not have x sneaker freaker printed in them and a quirky marketing back story and were not limited would you still want to buy them? If the answer is yes then full respect to you as others said buy what you like I fully agree with that. It's the collab / limited sheep I have an issue with just buying it because its a collab. There's a post in here with someone saying they bought the fingers and they don't even like them!

Honestly I have some collabs, some limited and some general releases in my collection as I buy what I like the look of. But in the main i prefer GR because:

1. They are mostly better vfm as they tend to be cheaper in the first place and you can often find promo codes for the kind of stores that stock them
2. The purchase process is so much more pleasant. For me part of the joy of shopping for kicks is to wander around some stores on a Saturday afternoon, browse a few styles, try on a few colour ways and have a coffee whilst I think about it before copping whilst chatting to the assistant about a shared passion. Compare this to the madness of trying to cop any collab; sleepless nights for midnight and beyond refreshing check. Camp outs check. Dodgy looking polish websites check. Ridiculous resale prices check.
3. Wearability - maybe its only me but when I do manage to cop a limited or collab release because I like them I'm so scared to wear the bloody things that they sit in a box for months. Whereas a GR goes straight on feet and enjoys repeated rotation giving me many hours of happy sneaker wearing safe in the knowledge that it was easy and reasonably cheap to cop and therefore probably reasonably easy to replace should they get too beat.
4. Back in the eighties when I first started my passion for shoes pretty much everything was a GR. it's only the retroing that has resulted in this limited culture.

This gets to me that it has come to NB because for me NB stands for everything that is not this kind of game. NB is the gentleman of the sneaker world. We don't need this Foam style behaviour muscling in on this brand.

So I'm happy with my GR elitist tag. Where that king of colabs has his arrogant strap line "just us" I prefer "all of us".

what size did they have left? im still looking for a pair
I got an email today from Jcrew saying that they found my size 8.5 in 998 pebble blues. I was a little worried that they won't find it since it's not online and it wasn't in their warehouse that supplies the N Michigan store in Chicago, but they came through. I should be getting an order/shipping confirmation later. I hope it's the right color... and it better have that student discount and free shipping they promised haha. I would definitely go to a store and have the staff call from in-store so you can get the discount and free ship after they find it in-store somewhere in the US. Not sure if they only do this if they stocked it in the store only or not, but I would definitely try it though.

Hmmmmm

1. UNDFTD Desert Storm 1500s
2. collab
3. $50
4. Despite being a bit off shape the materials and colors are dope and for an Asian made 1500 these are not THAT off

1 Grey 990 Annie's
2 Ltd GR
3 270 at first but thanks to djdecks ended up being about retail :smile:
4 still one of my favorite shoes in my collection, despite having kennedies. Quality, comfort, colorway, all top notch!

1 Sneaker Freaker 850 " Skippy"
2 collab
3 retail
4 First collab I was able to get at retail( thanks MAJOR DC). The roo leather toe sets it off and it's an underutilized model.

I also was impatient and copped b&y for retail. Love that shoe though, not upset at all

But who gets Kennedies for free???? What a clown,,, :wink:

Last edited:
In all seriousness I said in my post that if you were copping the Tazzies cause you genuinely like them good luck to you. You need to ask yourself if these did not have x sneaker freaker printed in them and a quirky marketing back story and were not limited would you still want to buy them? If the answer is yes then full respect to you as others said buy what you like I fully agree with that. It's the collab / limited sheep I have an issue with just buying it because its a collab. There's a post in here with someone saying they bought the fingers and they don't even like them!
 Wasn't me who said this, but wanted to address it. I, for one, would have copped the Tassies any day, regardless of any collab tags or marketing ploys.

The 998 is my favorite model. The purple shades are killer. The speckled white midsole that grounds them from the contrasting the bold and dark upper. Just a beautiful shoe, all-around. But not dropping $400+ resell on them now.

Back
Top Bottom