Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

J.crew 998 Inferno came in. Glad I was able to grab these. This may sound odd but the laces are really nice: color, quality, and length. I wish they came with extra purple laces. I put some purple flats from my asics hanon northern lites. I think I like how the purple gives it some contrast. But I think I'll stick with the original laces until I find some nice purple flats. One thing To note is the toe shape. I've never been a toe shape nazi, but hard not to notice it when I compare it to the 998LL. I think I finally get the toe shape thing haha. Sorry for the iPhone pics.

Last edited:
Good morning guys, new poster from the UK here.

Absolutely love New Balance and here are a few shots of some in my collection:

I also have the blue 577s from the Farmers Market pack.

I have redone most of the laces now, so dont judge haha!

Anyone know how to embed images from Flickr?

Last edited:
Uh oh, not the 998!
It's a bummer since it's a Made in USA. Hope it won't be a trend. But it doesn't bother me too much. I haven't seen anyone else comment on the toe shape yet so I'm not sure if it's all pairs or just mine. I just thought I'd point it out before people go out of their way to get these. The tip of the toe box's structure does feel more rigid so they may have produced it with some sort of thermoplast in it.

Good morning guys, new poster from the UK here.

Absolutely love New Balance and here are a few shots of some in my collection:

I also have the blue 577s from the Farmers Market pack.

I have redone most of the laces now, so dont judge haha!

Anyone know how to embed images from Flickr?
No way.  I bought those NBs from STA back in '08 or '09.  I still have them and have beat the h@## out of them.  Great shoe.

It's a bummer since it's a Made in USA. Hope it won't be a trend. But it doesn't bother me too much. I haven't seen anyone else comment on the toe shape yet so I'm not sure if it's all pairs or just mine. I just thought I'd point it out before people go out of their way to get these. The tip of the toe box's structure does feel more rigid so they may have produced it with some sort of thermoplast in it.
Not just your pair. Mine as well. Here's a comparison with the GNR's. The shape hasn't been destroyed on the inferno 998's like we have seen with UK 1500's, however, it is altered from the usual US 998 shape. There does seem to be an extra thermoplastic piece in the toe. 

Back
Top Bottom