Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For anyone looking for the 990 grey, I found one online for a DS US13 for cheap. It says no box though. PM me for info.

This is BS. I better get my size 9 that I ordered then on release day, if they are restocking that size. Still haven't got either a cancellation email or shipping confirmation. 

This is BS. I better get my size 9 that I ordered then on release day, if they are restocking that size. Still haven't got either a cancellation email or shipping confirmation. 

For real and I'm mad they "restocked" a 9.5 when they didn't even get back at me with my "first chance" pair after the 3 Lies fiasco.

anyone know if the brick and mortar pack is dropping stateside?

i know kith is getting them

unsure of undftd, etc.

Good thing I live in Boston. Definite cop 
nthat.gif

Right.. Hopefully they will have pairs at both locations of The Tannery. It would be so much easier for me to get to Boylston, then to troop it to cambridge early in the morning ... I assume Concepts will indeed get a few pairs as well, seeing as they are run by the same people

Right.. Hopefully they will have pairs at both locations of The Tannery. It would be so much easier for me to get to Boylston, then to troop it to cambridge early in the morning ... I assume Concepts will indeed get a few pairs as well, seeing as they are run by the same people
Ya i actually live in cambridge so tannery in Harvard Square makes more sense for me. Also its right next to Concepts as you mentioned so that doesnt hurt if I got two chances at copping a pair.

if i recall correctly, and I apologize if this offends you, no intentions to do so, but WillMax resells, usually resellers know employees of stores or have some information connect that lets them know bits of details here and there about releases.

I'm not saying he's 100% correct or even correct at all as I do not know myself but his statement is plausible 

It does make sense that a Boston store releases the shoe in Boston only though
No offense taken my man. As off now the info 90% confirmed only RD is yet to be set. 

And a word of advice for NB heads, SAVE UR MONEY. Cause the next 6 month is going to be heat after heat (From GR's to Collabs) 

A 997 is coming.....

chaose57 - thanks for the review...CANT WAIT! for sure the copper laces are going in on my pair....btw that beat you had on the on feet is :smokin

I got the c-notes in today.. Let me just say, I was really on the fence on these. I thought they were cool, but with the pics concepts provided, I was felt very bland about it.

Let me say, after I got them in, I was just took back by the quality... Now I thought the 1300's were made superbly, but the suede on these is unbelievable.. I laced them up with white laces, put them on (with shorts, as I dont rock jeans and new balances).. And once again I was blown away. The colors compliment nicely, and they look real clean on feet.   To me, they are unbelievably subtle, and clean.  I was really on the fence on these, almost as if I felt concepts f'ed up this year's release.  Especially given their credibility with the 999, I was very suprised they were going with the 998.  I wasnt even really excited to recieve them from concepts but after I got them in... Im looking to copping my 2nd pair.  I size 1/2 down, and they fit me perfect.. They were a little tight when I put them on, but after 30 minutes or so, they broke in very nicely.   Ive turned into a huge fan.  The color contrast with the blue, and off-white\light khaki suede... Even the yellow mid-sole started growing on me.. And let me say, I am not a fan of yellow mid soles.  They did a REAL fantastic job designing these.. And it is REALLY something youve got to see on your feet to appreciate.  Ill try to post some pics, when I get a chance.

Overall, Im started to get really excited for NB.. Ive been rocking NB for quite some time now, but as of recent... -they are really doing something right here.   I know alot of people will sleep on these c-notes and the hyprcats, but both have something special about them..  I know NB is not crazy with advertising their products, what really drives their business are those familiar with the quality of products they are putting out..  The thing about NB to me that sticks out, is while reebok, adidas, and nike\jordan brand keep doing the same old thing over and over again, NB goes with originality. The hyprcat and c-notes are great examples.   ITs something you appreciate when you look at them in person..    For both shoes, hyprcats and c-notes,  I believe pics do absolutely no justice.  Let em sleep so I can get my pairs straight.

In my mind, the real concept behind the hyprcat and c-notes, was that they were made to be worn on feet.  Both look plain in pics, but go crazy hard on feet.   The colors on both are just something you dont see everyone wearing.  But clean enough to not really scream loudly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom