Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Some of us will pay $200+ on some Nikes/Jordans with inferior quality and comfort. $225 in the grand scheme of things, isn’t really TOO bad. My issue is, like mentioned above, lack of deals on NB is that part that sucks. Deals are still around, just more difficult to find, and not as cheap as they used to be.
At the end of the day, you’re paying for someone’s wages locally. Now, there’s no reason for Nike to charge what they charge with pairs coming out of china and Vietnam. And the nb’s at least last a good decade before you purchase a replacement.

Some of us will pay $200+ on some Nikes/Jordans with inferior quality and comfort. $225 in the grand scheme of things, isn’t really TOO bad. My issue is, like mentioned above, lack of deals on NB is that part that sucks. Deals are still around, just more difficult to find, and not as cheap as they used to be.
Yeah I don’t really think there’s anything wrong with paying a premium if it’s a quality product but it definitely is much harder to find deals on New Balanced compared to a couple of years ago.

Finally threw these on foot. Was waiting for the right lace swap and it turned out to be from my brother's 990GP3. Wish they were wider like other 998 laces but the color matches the heel perfectly. And while I think I prefer older 998 shapes, I think these were more comfortable.

IMG_9321.jpg
Did you go TTS or half size down?

Damn you always got the sizing questions lol. I got these in size 11 which is my preferred size for 998, 992, 990v4, 997. In 990v3 I've had 11 and 11.5 and both are good, but I kinda prefer the 11.5 in those. I've had 11.5 in 998, 997, and 1300 and it was sliiiiightly too big.
Haha. I've heard so many different opinions on these, the grey day ones, and core ones.

For whoever was asking about the Two Wxys for hooping….go half size up. Decent shoe for the price.

I personally think the Kawhi 3 is a much better hooping shoe but they are scarce now after the recall.

Aime Two Wxy is not releasing; exclusive only to participants at ALD NYC gym.

I agree but I'm buying way less J's than new balance. So spending $210-225 on my 1-3 pairs of J's per year is one thing. Spending $225 AND UP across multiple NB's per year is another thing😂

$225 is not bad if you just buy one pair a year and beat the crap out of it. Honestly, I wish I would have done that when I got into NB last year. I have about 12-15 pairs now and I’ll never wear them enough to justify what I paid for them.

Just got back on vacation and saw a lot of people with beat 991, 992, 993, 990v5, 990v6, and a ****load of 574s. 😂😂😂 Saw them on the beach, on hikes, and even in the rain. I think that’s what NB was meant for and that’s what I’m going to do moving forward.

Price played a big part for me with these Frank Lloyd's. I like them at the $245 after tax and ship I paid. I'd love them at $180 flat like a regular 998 retail. For comparison, I paid $245 with tax and ship to someone who ooped me their extra pair of 2023 white cement 3's and I love them at that price because the quality, comfort, and shape that is the best out of any jordan 3 I've ever had. It's clearly superior to previous white cement 3's. This $245 998 didn't blow me away, though. No materials that were any newer better or different. Slightly different shape, which I'm indifferent toward.

And yeah seeing a 993 retail for $225 is insane to me because when I first came into this thread, those were outlet discount shoes. 990v4s were all on sale for like 40-50% off when I got mine. Part of the appeal of NB to me was being able to get them cheaper (as well as NB1). Part of the appeal to getting jordan's and nike's for me is the design and cementation into my brain as shoes I've liked for the past 15+ years. This has shifted, as I've obviously spent more on single pairs of NB, but I've now bought fewer overall pairs of NB.

50% off of 99x models? I musta missed that. Probably wasn’t any available in my sz anyway.

Some of us will pay $200+ on some Nikes/Jordans with inferior quality and comfort. $225 in the grand scheme of things, isn’t really TOO bad.

And that’s exactly how NB wants people to feel about that price tag.

I think you also mentioned that you started buying NB’s a year ago.

If you only started buying them a year ago then I can see how $225 doesn’t annoy you at all because you haven’t experienced the price jump.

But as someone who has been buying NB’s for a while, it’s unpleasant. Especially when I just bought some v6’s and they feel a little more squishy like ultraboosts (a feeling I no longer enjoy on my feet) and the quality isn’t up to the standard that I’m accustomed to with NB.

Never said I started buying NBs a year ago… been buying off and on for some years. Not as much as some others on here, but I’ve been around for a bit. Been a little more heavy into NB purchases last 2-3 years tho.

I know nothing about NB’s but I have a friend that wants to know what a decent range is. They’re on SX (12) for like 225 and I feel like that’s decent for the Protection Pack but want to be sure before giving out false info. Any feedback is appreciated!
78FB88D5-89D2-45E3-92E8-D3C3AFB460D9.jpeg

Never said I started buying NBs a year ago… been buying off and on for some years. Not as much as some others on here, but I’ve been around for a bit. Been a little more heavy into NB purchases last 2-3 years tho.
I got you mixed up with part of what clippermitch said.

Regardless the price is off putting.

Back
Top Bottom