Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Missed out on the Casablanca 327. Lots more dope color ways coming thou. I hope those who got them went TTS. Sick shoe on feet. This model will be a hit.

Hope the best for it personally it’s just everything that is not NB too me. Doesn’t look like great shoes for wide footers, which is a majority of NB heads lol
This is a big reason that I am ok taking an L on these. These are more of an artsy interpretation of their more traditional runner silhouettes , and very much agreed, the footbed looks narrow. I also feel like they style better with the Casablanca aesthetic, which is a departure from joggers or jeans and a hoodie lol. I still may cop one of the pairs if resale gets lower.

This is a big reason that I am ok taking an L on these. These are more of an artsy interpretation of their more traditional runner silhouettes , and very much agreed, the footbed looks narrow. I also feel like they style better with the Casablanca aesthetic, which is a departure from joggers or jeans and a hoodie lol. I still may cop one of the pairs if resale gets lower.

I’d like them more if NB didn’t completely bite this design. still, on disco, would be a nice cop

https://sneakernews.com/2020/03/31/concepts-lanvin-bumper-black-yellow-release-info/

Collaborating with Versace
They are collaborating primarily with Saleh Bembury, not Versace, hence the branding in the preview. A lot of the collabs this year have been due to Joe Grondin putting in overtime in reaching out to various brands for collaborations. I’m curious to see where the brand will go for the remainder of the year. I’m seeing a pattern here and I hope it doesn’t go in a certain direction....time will tell.

I’d like them more if NB didn’t completely bite this design. still, on disco, would be a nice cop

https://sneakernews.com/2020/03/31/concepts-lanvin-bumper-black-yellow-release-info/
Oh those Wackais? I think the 327 is nicer, but yeah, I wouldn’t go as far to say they but the design of that shoe, because both shoes also look similar to the Sacais and the Tailwinds. I think that template was a more common silhouette across all brands back then, and this is just the next come up.

Oh those Wackais? I think the 327 is nicer, but yeah, I wouldn’t go as far to say they but the design of that shoe, because both shoes also look similar to the Sacais and the Tailwinds. I think that template was a more common silhouette across all brands back then, and this is just the next come up.

its a real derivative design in that its a new model and not a retro IMO. good to see a new NB model is getting hype though

doesn’t look MiUSA...pass...

RC sole is comfy but def China quality. I had to get rid of my RC-1s because the ankle construction was super uncomfortable.

Also wondering, are people still into perf suede toe boxes? I'd much rather see these with mesh, especially on a sporty midsole like this.

Not mad I missed out on the Casablanca pairs to be honest...Besides these two pairs are much more my speed anyway...

1C58235C-C0FC-4799-8D8E-6B0F3430E443.jpeg
46568F0F-9AA5-4372-B903-7BE6B029FED9.jpeg

Hope the best for it personally it’s just everything that is not NB too me. Doesn’t look like great shoes for wide footers, which is a majority of NB heads lol
^^^I feel you. This shoe unfortunately isn’t aimed at the traditional NB consumer. It has a more lifestyle/fashion approach with its design and blocky sole aesthetic. But like most of us here, we’ll be looking more forward to the classics. Its cool to see the brand coming up with some fresh looks.

Honestly 327 silhouette would look 1000X nicer if they got rid of the bumpy offroad allterrain **** on the front and back of the shoe...

front of the shoe is fine but i think having it come up so high on the back of heel just seems off aesthetically for me.

grey colorway is nice than the casablancas imo and hope they can be copped on a discount

I'm more upset over the fact that the quality of production has gone down with NB over the last year or so. And you can almost guarantee that's a direct result of their new marketing strategy. They are producing shoes at a higher rate than ever, collabs at a higher rate than ever, have ventured into the world of basketball again, and have started morphing into the next Yeezy. ( See page 3850 )

But seriously tho, I'm not mad and or shocked at a company like NB expanding as much as they have. Get your paper. But,.... but, their whole business practice is built on QUALITY. So when the quality begins to suffer, the original ppl who supported your company as what it was and is up until now, are getting turned off.

I personally had to return three pairs of NB1's in the last few months due to massive QC issues, the grey 992's had serious QC issues as well, I'm sure other models did too. Let's hope NB refocuses after this pandemic and gets back to QC we know and love from them.

Last edited:
I'm more upset over the fact that the quality of production has gone down with NB over the last year or so. And you can almosut guarantee that's a direct result of their new marketing strategy. They are producing shoes at a higher rate than ever, collabs at a higher rate than ever, have ventured into the world of basketball again, and have morphing into the next Yeezy. ( See page 3850 )

But seriously tho, I'm not mad and or shocked at a company like NB expanding as much as they have. Get your paper. But,.... but, their whole business practice is built on QUALITY. So when the quality begins to suffer, the original ppl who supported your company as what it was and is up until now, are getting turned off.

I personally had to return three pairs of NB1's in the last few months due to massive QC issues, the grey 992's had serious QC issues as well, I'm sure other models did too. Let's hope NB refocuses after this pandemic and gets back to QC we know and love from them.
Yea unforuntly the brand has taken a turn and is trying to be cool and are turning a blind eye on quality. That 992 roll out was very sloppy

Last edited:
its a real derivative design in that its a new model and not a retro IMO. good to see a new NB model is getting hype though
NB getting this kind of hype is a double edged sword,
Honestly 327 silhouette would look 1000X nicer if they got rid of the bumpy offroad allterrain **** on the front and back of the shoe...
The sole doubles as lego storage.

Back
Top Bottom