Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Dressing nice in an office isn't just about impressing your clients, you dress formal to show that you are professional and take the job seriously. Your outfit is a reflection of your work ethic and if everyone showed up wearing casual clothes because they want to feel relaxed maybe that might start to show in your work as well. Not that this is always the case but this is the kind of thing that management def thinks about and one of the reasons why there is def a science behind the "suit". 
Yea
..this is a lie. If I come to work in a suit I would immediately be asked if I was leaving. I did the time where I had to wear suits daily but now I wear jeans and sneakers.

A suit is just that, a suit and I know a lot of folks who can dress but suck at there job.

So don't let it fool you. I have 2 degrees and two certifications and chill comfortable at work because my team gets stuff done.

Don't believe me go follow bds120 on IG.
Nah I'm not saying it always applies to everybody, hell look at Bill Gates he shops at target and has more money than entire third world countries lol. This is just an old school way of thinking by upper management because they are afraid if they let people slack on dress codes they might also be inclined to slack on work or performance. I mean its not a bulletproof way of thinking especially since a lot of people are able to work on their own in today's world because of the internet and cell phones. 

I'm on your side though cause having to wear a tight belt over a shirt tucked into slacks for 8 hours sucks lol

it also really depends on the profession because some people would rather work with or sign up with a man/women or group that is dressed sharp and professional looking since the "suit" is associated with white collar jobs by a majority of the world. Lets say your a middle aged man who wants to invest in stocks or some company, if you dont directly know the person you are dealing it is going to be on their mind if you were wearing an expensive suit which would give the impression that you are doing well. Vice versa if you are wearing essentially what he might be(casual shirt, jeans, sneakers maybe) he might think differently.

Last edited:

Dressing nice in an office isn't just about impressing your clients, you dress formal to show that you are professional and take the job seriously. Your outfit is a reflection of your work ethic and if everyone showed up wearing casual clothes because they want to feel relaxed maybe that might start to show in your work as well. Not that this is always the case but this is the kind of thing that management def thinks about and one of the reasons why there is def a science behind the "suit". 
Yea
..this is a lie. If I come to work in a suit I would immediately be asked if I was leaving. I did the time where I had to wear suits daily but now I wear jeans and sneakers.

A suit is just that, a suit and I know a lot of folks who can dress but suck at there   their job.

So don't let it fool you. I have 2 degrees and two certifications and chill comfortable at work because my team gets stuff done.

Don't believe me go follow bds120 on IG.
Fixed. I only have a master's and an airframe and powerplant license 
laugh.gif
  BTW, I'm just busting your balls. I couldn't resist though 
tongue.gif
 Probably because I'm envious of your work attire lol.  Just being a hater today, sorry. 
roll.gif

Where are these at though? I agree the back looks a bit weird but I'm feeling those light grey/blue toes and the minimal look

Last edited:
it also really depends on the profession because some people would rather work with or sign up with a man/women or group that is dressed sharp and professional looking since the "suit" is associated with white collar jobs by a majority of the world. Lets say your a middle aged man who wants to invest in stocks or some company, if you dont directly know the person you are dealing it is going to be on their mind if you were wearing an expensive suit which would give the impression that you are doing well. Vice versa if you are wearing essentially what he might be(casual shirt, jeans, sneakers maybe) he might think differently.
I'm a realtor and a lot of what you're saying definitely applies to business around my way. I'm always suited up when dealing with sellers. For the most part, these folks are putting me in charge of their biggest asset and there is a level of professionalism and appearance that is expected. Working with buyers is a lot different though. I'm in a suit, or shirt and slacks for the first time I meet the client, and then I feel them out and see what they're comfortable with. A lot of younger, first-time buyers feel weird when agents are suited up and whatnot. For them, I'll usually be wearing jeans and a button up.

I understand what NB is doing with the 247 and this 1978 model, given the success of the various Adidas shoes, but I don't like either one design wise and compared to the more robust 997/998/1500's, these seem to be cheaply made.

http://sneakernews.com/2017/03/15/b...o-and-boston-with-upcoming-998-collaboration/

This is confusing. Why wouldn't they just do a real collab with NB instead of custom 998s that anyone can order? 

Is this a rule NB has that only euro shops do flimby models and US shops do MIUSA collabs? And no MIUSA with asia shops?

Someone mentioned it on here a while ago but NB should really do a cross the pond collab series where US shops get to do a MIUK model and Euro shops do a MIUSA model. Plently of shops and models so they could space it out like the asics anniversary drop and do 1 collab a month for a year.

Would really like to see what a shop like Hanon would do with a 997.

Last edited:
I agree, these NB1 collabs are just plain dumb.

but I guess its cool for people that dont have access to NB1

http://sneakernews.com/2017/03/15/b...o-and-boston-with-upcoming-998-collaboration/

This is confusing. Why wouldn't they just do a real collab with NB instead of custom 998s that anyone can order? 
Is this a rule NB has that only euro shops do flimby models and US shops do MIUSA collabs? And no MIUSA with asia shops?

Someone mentioned it on here a while ago but NB should really do a cross the pond collab series where US shops get to do a MIUK model and Euro shops do a MIUSA model. Plently of shops and models so they could space it out like the asics anniversary drop and do 1 collab a month for a year.

Yea I mentioned it and it baffles me why they haven't done it yet, NB US lifestyle really need to start listening to the people more.

Oh my goodness a Hanon collab on a 997 would be fire. Just thinking of what Hikmet could've done on a U.S. model if he was still with Solebox. I wonder if @newbalance365  can comment on why we never see this kind of thing happening?

Oh my goodness a Hanon collab on a 997 would be fire. Just thinking of what Hikmet could've done on a U.S. model if he was still with Solebox. I wonder if @newbalance365  can comment on why we never see this kind of thing happening?
Exactly... and I'm sure concepts or RF could do something amazing with a 1500 or 577.

For a minute I thought Hanon did a MIUSA 990 with the 990HBW but it actually looks to be MIUK.

Back
Top Bottom